GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,510
1 members and 2,509 guests
John

Old 06-26-2000, 02:13 PM
shadytail

Hmm...Get my a** kicked to be part of an organization. Get my a** kicked after I already don't like it. Either you stay in your chapter and make changes in the process so the next group of girls that come through won't experience your pain OR disassociate yourself from both your chapter and organization. If you just moan then you are just part of the problem.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2000, 03:49 PM
Lady in Red

Yeah this is probably a PERP but the responses she's gotten says alot about some of the members in our organizations. My sister let her prophytes know they would not touch her. (I thought she'd get kicked off that line so quick, but she didnt.) As far as Im concerned thats the kind of woman any sorority should be proud to have. Im getting the IMPRESSION from several posters, like Mandingo Nupe, that people shouldnt complain when they get hazed because they should expect that kind of behavior? How warped is that? We justify the MURDERS that have happened in some of our organizations with that kind of reasoning. No one should come to our sisterhoods/brotherhoods expecting to be abused. What does that say about yall who think this way? What kind of sick individual joins a group he or she knows will hurt him or her in some way?

Old 06-26-2000, 08:56 PM
Askia the Alpha

Cool

What did you expect from pledging/joining the sorority that you did? Did it meet your expectations? DID YOU MEET THEIRS? Is it THEIR fault that you're not satisfied; or is it YOUR fault? Are you really WOMAN ENOUGH to admit it?.......
Old 06-27-2000, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Lady in Red,

Maybe I did not articulate very well, becuase nothing in my prior posts ever would or does condone the murder of another humanbeing.

Now, did I say that I see nothing wrong with taking a little wood, yeah. I did say that. Do I see nothing wrong with a process that is challenging, and forces the person to discover certain things about themselves, and how to deal with certain sitauations in thier chapter, and in life. Yeah, I said that.

"Training for Leadership" is a motto that I take to heart. I believe that you should have some sort of process to help train you.
Look, Greeks are suppose to be the cream of the crop. We are suppose to be the leaders, and are suppose to hold ourselves to certain standards (but not be snobish).

Look at what our founders went through in thier lives. Heck the reason that I am here talking to you all, is because my Founders were mistreated at Indiana University.

I believe that the process of making individuals stems from some of the things that they delt with in their lives. The were spit upon, misstreated, abused, and still they rose above it all and achieved and became doctors, lawyers, and Editors at newspapers.

Now I am not saying that a person should be beat within an inch of their lives, but aplying a little heat, I don't think is too much. And yes, unless you have been under a rock somewhere, you would know that certain things go on in Frats and Sorr. so to act as if you didn't know what was going to happen, is a little silly. But that is just my opinion, and you are free to disagree with me.

Respectfully Yours

Mandingo NUPE
Old 06-27-2000, 11:07 AM
Lady in red

Unhappy

I am so blessed that I've been continually exposed to loving, caring guidance from older sorors. Once you've been out of college for several years, and you spend some time with people who have been in your organization longer than youve been alive, people who've been on line for nine months, not nine weeks, at a time, it really gives you perspective on what's important, what things our founders wanted us most to focus on, and what things make the organization what it is.
I pray that all NPHC members will be fortunate enough to get that perspective
God bless
Old 06-29-2000, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by AKAtude:
We have had this discussion so many times in the past. All I can say is that not all chapters are alike because the members in a particular chapter creates its "personality", if you will. As I stated before, I treat people the way I would want to be treated.
No one yelled in my face, and if they did I would have yelled back. No one ever hit me because we wouldn't even get that far. I had a positive experience while on line. That is probably the reason why all of my line sisters and sorors who initiated me keep in touch to this day. I love them as though they are my biological sisters. I'm sorry everyone can't say the same.

Soror Akatude,

I can say the same and I totally agree with you. Every chapter has its individual "personality." And if it is a negative one, it is up to the current memebers to change the "legacy of negativity." My sister, we have to pray for these ignorant individual that have no clue about the true AKA or her protocol. If they did we would not be having this discussion. Bottom line, don't feed into the negativity. It eventually sucks you in and becomes apart of you. AKA is far more than letters and words. "We are women of integrity standing above all the rest and pledging is not the true test." The true test is showing your love for the sorority by trying to enhance it. A TRUE MEMBER would never wrong their organization for public display and that is how we will distinguish our TRUE AKA's.

Much Love

Soror PinkIce9
Old 06-30-2000, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

well said soror.