GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,427
2 members and 1,425 guests
Titchou

Old 07-07-2003, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon92
Old TV show Coach. He has a Beta paddle hanging in his office.

I remeber that show However I think I was to young to know that Greek letters were forget about anything else at that time!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 07-07-2003, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice

My boyfriend and I were at the library one night when an SDT walked by wearing . . . yes, you guessed it, sweatpants with the letters on the butt. My boyfriend looked at me, looked at her, looked back at me and whispered, "Why does that girls' butt say EAT on it?"

Yeah I have a few friends who dont get why I come to class, or to work, wearing "EAT" across my cheast,,,*sigh* I think it's time for them to get used to it!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 07-07-2003, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
Every day I receive an e-mail that has links to broadcast-related stories from all over the U.S. Friday's e-mail was the first time I've ever seen any sorority or fraternity mentioned:

"Local radio personalities, Coody to replace chopped tree"

"Mayor Dan Coody and local radio personalities, Tim and Jeff, will be replacing a tree that was mysteriously cut down in front of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority house earlier this week.

According to an announcement by radio station KMCK-FM 105.7, Home Depot in Fayetteville will provide a new sapling to replace the estimated 30-year-old maple tree on Tuesday at 11 a.m.

The maple was chopped down early Tuesday morning, according to Kathy Dicus, member of the Gamma Nu House Corporation, the governing board of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority house. The board is offering unspecified reward money for information about the incident.

Witnesses have reported seeing two men running from the front lawn of the sorority house, located on the corner of Leverett Avenue and West Maple Street. Dicus said one was carrying a chainsaw, according to witnesses."
Old 07-07-2003, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RosmaPomia
Alright here is the story; I was down visiting my parents in good old south florida and was walking through Sawgrass Mills Mall. When I walked by some center kiosk that does personalized crystal pictures and such and what should I see? But smack dab in the center of the display is a piece with Chi Omega on it. It was the biggest piece in the display. I thought it was pretty odd considering that we don't have any chapters south of Orlando.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
not my letters but a symbol of phi mu

i was watching Van Wilder today with my sister and a friend of hers who is an ADPi at Miami of Ohio. I about jumped out of my chair when i realized that the fountain in one part of the movie was a quatrafoile! i was like"what was that" and she just looked at me funny and said "a fountain?"
Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

ok, i didnt really see MY letters, but i saw my bf's letters. he is a sig ep and we decided to go downtown one night. we parked and right across from us was a car with a sig ep license plate (the guy was either from mississippi or missouri.. i cant remember ) anyways, i just HAD to leave this guy a note. so i wrote on some scrap paper Hi! My boyfriend is a Sig Ep too! Isn't that neat? Have a great night! My bf thought i was a total dork, but I didn't care
Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

When I took my mom's dog to the vet last week, there was a guy in a new looking fraternity t-shirt with an obscene phrase on it. Normally, I would have said that I'm in a GLO too, but it was just too gross to acknowledge.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:19 AM
That1LoudChick

I was at the movies last night and I saw a guy in a blue Phi Tau sweatshirt so I walked up to him and was like "You're a Phi Tau?" He responded with "I was at BGSU." I was like "No, kid, you still are." and walked away.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
when i first met the guy that im dating, and his friends, more accurately one of the first nights we hung out, he and his friend were wearing zeta crush shirts. i was like "whered you get those?" "goodwill!" they knew that zeta was a sorority, and it was fun because it was a crush shirt. but i was at taco bell yesterday, and 3 gentlemen who appeared to be mexican and around 40 years old walked in. one of them was wearing a sigma delta tau shirt. i was like oh man! lol.

roxydiva
Old 07-09-2003, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LyRHOcal_delite Send a message via Yahoo to LyRHOcal_delite
On that show the Centre that comes on BET around 3p est, there is an Iota paddle hanging in the background. Also, I didn't know that Montel Jordan was a KAPsi until I saw his brand on one of his old videos on midnight love a while back.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaOnProzac
Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma were in the movie Drumline. Man I was so proud to see my letters and my sisters' letters up on the big screen.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ShaunaF01
nathan on big brother 4 has been wearing a pi beta phi tshirt! not really sure why but he is!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Not my letters... but some blondie on Paradise Hotel is a Pi Kappa Alpha (I think maybe it was Beau?)!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
Not my letters... but some blondie on Paradise Hotel is a Pi Kappa Alpha (I think maybe it was Beau?)!
did it say which school? It coulda been Alex too. he's soo hot. *drool*
Old 07-10-2003, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, it was Beau wearing the Pi Kappa Alpha shirt... Beau's cute but Alex is defintely the hottest.

Today at Gold's Gym a guy was wearing Alpha Sigma Phi letters. Meanwhile I was in my Homecoming t-shirt.