GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,121
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zlexisttsz2453
» Online Users: 1,855
1 members and 1,854 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 11-25-1999, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Question What are my options?

I am very interested in AKA. Unfortunately, the chapter at my school is under suspension and it may remain that way for a number of years. I was told that if your chapter is inactive, you can pledge at neighboring schools. Is this true? If so, what is the general feeling toward greeks who pledge at schools other than their own?
Old 12-03-1999, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I do believe you would have to get that information from the chapter at your school or neighboring schools. Everyone that I know pledged at the school they were in attendance of and if their school was on probation at the time, they waited. When I pledged in the spring of 1997, the chapter I am currently in was suspended for 3 years and I waited. You will need to do some research of your own on that. But good luck to you and hopefully one day you'll be a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Old 12-06-1999, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for replying to my question r l johnson. Thank you also for your advice and kind words. In fact I am in the process of gaining information about my situation, and maybe one day I'll be apart of the first, best, and only sorrority that has a place in my heart. Thanks again.
Synamynn
Old 12-10-1999, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, If the chapter on your campus is suspended you can not pledge at a neighboring school. Unfortunately, you will have to wait maybe pledge in a graduate chapter. Good Luck!