GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,423
2 members and 1,421 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 09-15-2002, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

What an experience...

So ok I went to San Antonio this past weekend to visit friends and sisters. I get there friday and you know met up with people and had lunch and then as night time came along 2 of my sisters and I went to Sunset Station to see Cory Morrow (sp?) and then headed to a frat party and met up with more sisters and friends. Well we had a really good time, of cousre no alcohol . lol Well when I woke up saturday morning I wasn't feeling to good. I went about my day and feeling worse and worse. One of my sisters gave me some medecine but it just did not help. So went did dome shopping and then had dinner and I just couldn't finish my dinner I felt really bad. I was shivering to where you could just see me shaking, I had fever, and my entire body ached. After dinner we decided to try out this new club, Antro. I told them I would go but as soon as I felt uncomfortable or worse I would leave. and they were like, "no, we just won't go, its ok." But I didn't want them to stay home because of me. So we went and it was a good club but I just did not feel in the mood. I had on a sweater when everyone else is sweating. So I go home (2am)and I could not sleep, breathing hard, shivering and high fever. Finally (415am) the girls convinced me to go to the emergency room. I had a fever of 104.5, throat was swollen, heart beat of 150 , and blood pressure was high. So they immediately got me on IV (sp?) bc I lost lots of fluid bc od the fever. They said bc of the extremely high heart rate I sould have had some kind of cardiac attack. So I was there from 415am to about 845am with my sisters by my side the entire time
Just wanted to share the wierd weekend...

aoe, ronnie
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2002, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Herm, I am SOOO glad that we took you in when we did. It's a good thing it wasn't anything worse than dehydration and tonsillitis -- you had us worried!! I'm glad your trip back home was a safe one. Rest up. I will call you tomorrow.

Last edited by SATX*APhi; 04-09-2004 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Ronnie, I'm so sorry to hear about your health trouble! I'm glad that your awesome A Phi sisters were there for you!! Feel better, sweetie!!
Old 09-17-2002, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Ronnie, I'm so sorry to hear about your health trouble! I'm glad that your awesome A Phi sisters were there for you!! Feel better, sweetie!!
Thanks!!! It was scarry but I am glad that my sisters were there the entire time. I am quite lucky...

Herm: Thank you so much!!!! You are the best!!!!!!!!!

aoe, ronnie
Old 09-17-2002, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

The same thing has happened to me... more than once. Next time you get that feeling, start drinking water QUICK! I have prevented having to go back to the hospital by nipping it in the bud...
Old 09-18-2002, 06:50 PM
cutiepatootie

hey your not alone

This happened to me a few weeks ago. i was in church sunday morning during song worship and i was swaying back and forth( not just fromt he music) and all of a sudden i past out in the pews. They got me to the lobby and i past out again and was nasueated. They called the ambulence and started an IV drip and got me to the hospital. lo blood sugar, deydrated, heat , viral infection. So i can relate with you big time! I am glad your feeling better.

laura