GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,281
2 members and 2,279 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 01-21-2012, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Question About Grad Chapter

Good afternoon everyone.

My friend and I are very interested in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. We both applied for membership in undergrad but I was not selected. She was selected but in the middle of the process she decided (chose) to stop.The opportunity has now presented itself on the graduate level. However, she is concerned that the aforementioned information will negatively impact her attempt this time.

Does anyone have advice that they are willing to offer on how she can overcome this situation? By this I mean, should she be honest about her past or will sharing this information immediately do more harm, than good.

We hope that this question does not offend anyone. Those are not our intentions in any way. We both have a profound love and respect for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated and would never endeavor to insult the organization or it's members in any way. I am also aware that discretion is best, but she and I just feel that this is the best discretionary way to obtain a realistic sense of what may result from her previous experience.

Thank you very much for feedback in advance.

Chaun009
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaun009 View Post
Good afternoon everyone.

My friend and I are very interested in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. We both applied for membership in undergrad but I was not selected. She was selected but in the middle of the process she decided (chose) to stop.The opportunity has now presented itself on the graduate level. However, she is concerned that the aforementioned information will negatively impact her attempt this time.

Does anyone have advice that they are willing to offer on how she can overcome this situation? By this I mean, should she be honest about her past or will sharing this information immediately do more harm, than good.

We hope that this question does not offend anyone. Those are not our intentions in any way. We both have a profound love and respect for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated and would never endeavor to insult the organization or it's members in any way. I am also aware that discretion is best, but she and I just feel that this is the best discretionary way to obtain a realistic sense of what may result from her previous experience.

Thank you very much for feedback in advance.

Chaun009
We have alumnae chapters.

We do not answer questions on Greekchat. I will just say that the world is small. It is often the case that people will find out whether you volunteer the information or not.