GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,305
1 members and 1,304 guests
aradativanovay8

Old 09-04-2009, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Pac 10 Recruitment!

OK! I have read all the stickies regarding recruitment, and have paid special attention to the stories which have taken place in my area. I am going through rush starting in mid September and would love to share my story. My school has a lot of sororities and I don't have a ton of connections - so it should be interesting to see what happens. Stay tuned for my orientation which takes place in about a week!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2009, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

YAY! Go Pac 10!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and have fun!! And YAY Pac 10!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I'm sort of a closet PAC 10 fan.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

yes! PAC 10!!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Pac 10!

Yes, another West Coaster!!! Yippppeee

GPhiB
Old 09-04-2009, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Woohoo! Go Pac-10! Good luck to you Pac10Princess!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

"If you find the girls that love the you, you love..well then that's just fAbulΦus."
Old 09-05-2009, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes! I love the PAC 10!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Woo Hoo to the Pac-10! Love the west coast rush stories!

Good Luck!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay, another west coast rush story! Gotta love the PAC 10! Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! My recruitment is coming up so fast - just a few more days. A few details about me - nobody in my family is greek, but it's something I've always wanted to do. I'm from a high school within 20 miles from my school. There are a few girls from my HS in different houses, but nobody I'm particularly close to, so I am confident this won't influence me. Please bear with me with regard to details, I'm not sure I'll be able to update regularly. Thanks for all the well wishes and GO PAC 10! I've already been to a football game and it was AMAZING!!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

First, Congrats for reading all of the stickies. We love you.
Second, good luck and I'm looking forward to your story.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Tonight was the end of round one. The weather was perfect today – right around 70, a little overcast but cleared up around 6ish (yesterday was broiling earlier and then when the sun started going down it was freezing!)
First round was sooooo overwhelming, but so much fun. We visited all the houses in the past two days. Then we had to rank our top 10. Please bear with me as I am cross-eyed right now and feeling hoarse from talking. My face actually hurts from smiling….lol! I think I will wait to get my 10 (if lucky) houses back to start discussing individual chapters – it’s too many to keep track of with all of the houses. Plus, my recollections get vaguer as the hours/days go on. So in two days I will update with the houses I get back and then will talk about my impressions! I can tell you that I was bowled over by well more than half – wow (but of course have my initial faves)!
One thing – I am not a direct legacy to any of the houses but my favorite aunt’s chapter is represented here (not considered a legacy). I loved the girls there so it would be so cool to share that bond with her. I still can’t get over how every single chapter has gorgeous, accomplished girls – so intimidating!!!!
Thanks all for reading!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac10Princess View Post
Tonight was the end of round one. The weather was perfect today – right around 70, a little overcast but cleared up around 6ish (yesterday was broiling earlier and then when the sun started going down it was freezing!)
First round was sooooo overwhelming, but so much fun. We visited all the houses in the past two days. Then we had to rank our top 10. Please bear with me as I am cross-eyed right now and feeling hoarse from talking. My face actually hurts from smiling….lol! I think I will wait to get my 10 (if lucky) houses back to start discussing individual chapters – it’s too many to keep track of with all of the houses. Plus, my recollections get vaguer as the hours/days go on. So in two days I will update with the houses I get back and then will talk about my impressions! I can tell you that I was bowled over by well more than half – wow (but of course have my initial faves)!
One thing – I am not a direct legacy to any of the houses but my favorite aunt’s chapter is represented here (not considered a legacy). I loved the girls there so it would be so cool to share that bond with her. I still can’t get over how every single chapter has gorgeous, accomplished girls – so intimidating!!!!
Thanks all for reading!
I definitely remember how much my cheeks hurt when I left the houses. I thought my face would be permanently stuck in a smile.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot