GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,461
1 members and 1,460 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRen13 View Post
For the week prior to the wedding, I'd been getting sick with a cough. Don't get on an 8-hour plane ride with a cough ... after the plane ride back to Georgia, I'd manage to REALLY mess myself up. Sinuses, ears, throat ... it was nasty
I got sick the week before the wedding and went to the doctor and told him all of my symptoms and that I wanted to be better by the wedding. I walked out of there with an antibiotic, prednesone (steriod), and prescription cough syrup and I was fit as a fiddle by the wedding!

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

When my cousin, the groom, got married for the second time, the entire families of both sides flew into the Mid Atlantic for the wedding. Everyone from out of town was invited to the rehearsal dinner (about 120 people). As we went through dinner, people from both sides got to know each other better.

Unfortunately, the best man was another cousin who is a very talented surgeon, but always at a loss for words (unless he is talking about curing prostate cancer). So, my aunt decided to make the toast. Blah, blah, blah, blah and blissful marriage to Greg and Marie. Marie was Greg's ex-wife.

All of us held our breath at that point. But Greg's new wife, Cathy, was as graceful as always. She smiled and gave a big kiss to my aunt. Lucky for all of us, the marriage is still strong 15 years later.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

I just remembered something that happened when my oldest got married. Some of her best friends from camp (she was a counselor for years) were late. Turns out that they'd been trying to find their way through Alabama and made a wrong turn and ended up in a small town Christmas parade! All they could do was play it off and wave left and right at all the cheering kids lining the road.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I just remembered something that happened when my oldest got married. Some of her best friends from camp (she was a counselor for years) were late. Turns out that they'd been trying to find their way through Alabama and made a wrong turn and ended up in a small town Christmas parade! All they could do was play it off and wave left and right at all the cheering kids lining the road.
Haha that's really cute!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it bad that all of this makes me excited to get married someday?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
All this makes me want to go to the courthouse!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 PM

This girl I just started working with this school year told me a funny story today (she got married in October). She had a destination wedding in Outer Banks (NC). She and her fiance drove down to NC a week early because they were also having all their pre-wedding events (showers, bachelorette, rehearsal dinner, etc) there as well.

They were planning to leave immediately after she got off work one morning, so they could get there in time to meet the venue coordinator (it's a long drive from OH to NC).

Since she was going to be working and he had the day off, she trusted her fiance to have the car packed and ready to go when she got off, so they could just leave. She left a list of all the important things that needed to go with them, including like 5 garment bags containing her dress, the tuxes, the flower girl dresses, etc.

Well, that day he didn't wake up until she called to say she was on her way home. So of course he just started grabbing garment bags and throwing them into the car. When she got home, she was in a hurry so she quickly double checked that everything was there and they left.

Fast forward to the night BEFORE the wedding. Her MOH is getting things out and ready for the next day, and she just happens to ask "Where's your veil?" My friend says, "oh it's in the garment bag with my dress."

MOH unzips the garment bag to look for the veil and sees JUST the underskirt/poof for the dress. She told me her MOH let out a "horror movie scream" and said "Oh my God your dress is gone!"There is no dress to be found.

The dress shop had put the dress and underskirt part in separate bags, which looked alike. So when fiance packed the car, he only grabbed one of them, assuming that it was her dress. The flower girls' dresses were also not there.

She freaked out and called her fiance crying (luckily he was not completely wasted or anything) saying that her dress and the flower girls dresses were in Ohio and she didn't know what to do. She was obviously distraught and upset that he had forgotten it, but tearfully decided that she could just "get married in whatever because it didn't really matter because it was too late anyway."

He obviously didn't see her being happy getting married in whatever they could find the next day. There's no way they were going to get a dress in NC on that day that wasn't just something they could grab at a Macy's or something, and he knew she'd be really sad knowing that HER dress was left in Ohio and she just had to get married in "whatever"

So his Best Man and another Groomsman got into a car at 9 pm the night before the wedding and drove back up to Ohio, got the dresses and drove back before their evening ceremony the next day.

That's love.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 02-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
That's cute.

Although you know he's bringing that up every time he messes up from here on out.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:12 AM

Bumping just because honeychile's story is legendary.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Too true! Hahaha, "Mary and Herman"!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

He obviously didn't see her being happy getting married in whatever they could find the next day. There's no way they were going to get a dress in NC on that day that wasn't just something they could grab at a Macy's or something, and he knew she'd be really sad knowing that HER dress was left in Ohio and she just had to get married in "whatever"

So his Best Man and another Groomsman got into a car at 9 pm the night before the wedding and drove back up to Ohio, got the dresses and drove back before their evening ceremony the next day.

That's love.
That's so sweet!

And poor honeychile! I can't even imagine. I would likely throw a fit if my wedding was going that way.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Most of my wedding went pretty well so a couple of the bad things were fairly minor:
- I HATED the corsages and boutenniers for the parents. They were hideous. The rest of the flowers were fine, but those things were ugly. When I talked about creating something custom, she should've just said "I can't do that" instead of "sure!".
- Our wedding was outside in August, so we handed out fans in our wedding color (red). I hate being hot. Well, it didn't rain, but it was a little cool. So really it was comfortable- but made the fans useless.

However, one bad thing did happen that completely shadowed the entire day:
- I got a migraine. I'd suffered from them off & on for about 7 years and because they were relatively infrequent (every few months) I didn't have any medication. Well this was one of the worst- including my first experience with intense nausea and heat chills. My hair & makeup person was so great about it- as I was huddled in the chair with my eyes closed, she was trying to pin my updo as gingerly as possible. We have a picture of one of my bridesmaids running to the venue with saltines and coke. I remember my bridesmaids and friends from out of town coming in so exuberant and excited, only to be told "shh, she has a migraine!" and sit huddled at the edge of the room. All that delicious food we had tasted terrible, my dress was miserable because it was hot and heavy, the last thing I wanted to do was have a first dance (and really I only made it about half the dance)... you get the picture. I'm not an overly outgoing preson, but I was feeling less than social that day.

I also wound up getting a migraine on leg 2 of our honeymoon. It started to hit on the flight from Buenos Aires to Santiago, and fully manifested in the Santiago airport. If anyone's been to Santiago, they have a very lengthy customs process. Not only do you have to clear customs, but you also have to pay tax for visiting. Two extensive lines. By the time we finally got up to customs, the agent looked at me so sympathetically when I asked where the bathroom was... it was a good 5 minute walk past customs. My husband stayed there to get stamped while I stumbled for the bathroom... I was very fortunate that customs agent was so nice. My first day in Chile was less than pleasant.

I got a prescription for migraine medication as soon as we got back. I've had other very unfortunate times (like when we had my family over for Christmas or 10 minutes before my friend's bridal shower), but those definitely took the cake.

On the bright side, you can't tell how miserable I was in most of the pictures.

Last edited by thetygerlily; 10-24-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been HIGHLY entertained reading things. Thank you, everyone.

honeychile gets an award. A big, shiny, gold award.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 10-24-2010, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I just realized something. We've been to several weddings recently and the MOB, MOG, (grandmothers were dead) didn't wear flowers. So much nicer, in my opinior, than wearing a giant flower that looks like a third boob.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad I entertained y'all. I did think I'd mention that my story is on pages 3 AND 4, though. (And my guy marvels at my non-bridezilla attitude! Maybe I'll let him read why.)

ETA: I'll throw in one thing that didn't happen, but I recently saw a picture of it and maybe I'll share it. We were talking to the florist and somehow, the traditional of the cake smashing in the face came up. Whether it's urban legend or not, she mentioned a bride who had warned her husband not to smash the cake or else. Of course, he smashed the cake, and she picked up the cake knife and stabbed him! I turned to my then-fiance and said, "and let that be a lesson to you!" In all of the cake cutting pictures, you can tell that I have a death grip on the cake knife!

Last edited by honeychile; 10-24-2010 at 11:58 PM.