GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,895
1 members and 1,894 guests
No Members online

Old 11-04-2006, 09:52 PM
fadyas

spring rush at SHSU??

Hi there!!

Are there any girls on here from SHSU??? I am trying to get information about Spring Rush and I finally was able to get ahold of someone from Panhellenic and they said that Spring rush has different dates depending on each sorority, If anyone here is in a sorority at SHSU can you please give me more information please!!!!

thanks,
fadyas
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-08-2006, 04:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Sam Houston State?

I don't kno w much about their system, but I know they have one?

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:56 PM
fadyas

rush

yeah I am sure that they have one, there are only 4 social sororities on campus, I tried calling Panhellenic but they really werent helpful, all they said was to contact each sorority, because each is different. I just have so many different little questions so I can make sure this is what I really want. I would like to know how much are annual dues? And how much time does it require? I will be commuting about an hour drive to go to the school, and I plan on having a job, but I would love to be able to balance everything out. I'm just not sure where I need to go to get these answers!!

fadyas
Old 11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadyas View Post
yeah I am sure that they have one, there are only 4 social sororities on campus, I tried calling Panhellenic but they really werent helpful, all they said was to contact each sorority, because each is different. I just have so many different little questions so I can make sure this is what I really want. I would like to know how much are annual dues? And how much time does it require? I will be commuting about an hour drive to go to the school, and I plan on having a job, but I would love to be able to balance everything out. I'm just not sure where I need to go to get these answers!!

fadyas
I'm pretty sure the answer is "not here". Odds are against it so why don't you catch your breathe and email each chapter with a brief introductory letter and inquire if they will be holding recruitment in January and ask them to include you on the information when it comes out in December or January. Wait till then to ask about fees unless you have an opportunity before hand. Some info may be online about their group so read their websites. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree w/ Denise. Of the 4 sororities, 3 have websites (Tri-Sigma's did not come up?) so I would get the contact info from there. It appears that the ADPi website is under construction. Perhaps Panhellenic could give you contact info for those 2 groups? Surely they would have it?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 PM
fadyas

rush

Yeah I have been several times on their websites checking if any new information that has been posted. I like the idea of sending them an introductory e-mail, So I will probably do that. Thank for the suggestions! I will do my best to find out more information and will keep you guys updates, any more suggestions of info. will be gladly appreciated!!

fadyas
Old 11-09-2006, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, look! An old rush thread: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=22353

This girl went through in the fall, so I don't know if they have spring rush or not, but she does go through the process pretty well.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 AM
fadyas

thanks! Ironically I believe I have read this thread before, she rushed a few years ago I believe.

fadyas