GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Beta Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,183
Threads: 114,825
Welcome to our newest member, wguielu

Old 07-15-2003, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Guess who is NOT a Sigma!!!!

My line sister and myself received an email invite to a Morris Chesnut party at the Met in downtown Houston. I was so excited by the possibility of meeting my future husband (joke) and frat brother that I paid both of our way into the VIP where he would be. When I saw him, I can say he was everything that I thought he would be EXCEPT A MEMBER OF PHI BETA SIGMA FRATERNITY, INC!!!!!!

I had gotten his attention......and I had the opportunity to ask him in person, "Are you a Sigma?" His reaction was unexpected. He said, "NO! No! I am not! They put me on the website and got me in books, but I am not a Sigma!!" At that point, needless to say I was alittle offended. Did he have to be so feverish about it? I don't know, perhaps I am just disappointed and... and..... OUTRAGED!!! Who the heck does the accuracy checks for these books "Divine Nine" and websites? Helen Keller??? What if he was asked that question on a television interview??? What is really going ON!!!
If you ever see a website with his name as a "famous Sigma" pleeeeaassee alert the web master or mistress. Morris Chesnut.........is NOT a Sigma!!!
Does anyone have any idea why this happened?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I apologize for the forum crash. However, you're not the only ones this happens to. Several famous people have been listed as Pi Phi's and they are not. One of our more famous urban ledgends is the Cindy Crawford, the supermodel is a Pi Phi. She is not. But apparently there is a Pi Phi named Cindy Crawford (only she's not the super model).
I think what happens is that people hear rumors and are too lazy to bother to check for accuracy. It's always nice to hear that someone famous is a member of your organization, and rather than check for accuracy they just go along with it, until someone points out that they are incorrect.

Anyway, that's my theory on it. Sometimes people don't bother to check whether these people are members or not.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I had to double check my copy of "The Divine Nine" and he is sho nuff in there....hmm, that's sad.

I hope you didn't take it personally, Pretty Kitty. Maybe he was tired of people taking him for a Sigma for so many years.

And finally, I am working on my chapter's website, and I put together a looooong list of prominent Alphas. You best believe if that person wasn't on the national website, I verified it officially. Lots of assumptions out there....lots...there are actually a few prominent Alphas who aren't on our website, but there are definitely ways to find out if they are legit (E. Lynn Harris, Eric Jerome Dickey, etc)
Old 07-25-2003, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to D-Train
Pretty Kitty, I can answer your question about Morris. hit me up at olskoolpbs@hotmail.com