GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,426
0 members and 2,426 guests
No Members online

Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Questions about Greek life? (reposted because first had a typo)

Hi i gots a few questions about going greek, something ive been thinking about for a while. i dont know whether i will go greek this year but at the latest i would like to rush next fall

i have done a fair amount of research on the topic and have a moderate understanding of how the greek system works as well as friends who are already greek but i prefer to ask these questions in an anonymous tone (i.e. online) because i don't want to commit to rushing until im sure i rly want to. here are my questions:

1. what are the principle reasons one should join a fraternity?

2. what reasons (if any) should some ppl NOT opt to join a fraternity

3. will membership in a fraternity increase your chances of having a lucrative career?

4. will NOT going greek hurt those chances?

5. does going greek increase the likelyhood of getting famous (if you want to try that is)?

6. do professonal/postgraduate schools tend to be more impressed with greek applicants?

7. can a guy who is social but does not like to drink fit in?

8. is there any type of a maximum age or class range for joining (im starting my third year of college, but im only 18)?

9. can going greek increase my chances of making one of the sports teams? does NOT being greek hurt those chances?

if anyone wants to take a crack at answering these Qs i would RLY appreciate it! come on, convince me! lol
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahnkid View Post
Hi i gots a few questions about going greek, something ive been thinking about for a while. i dont know whether i will go greek this year but at the latest i would like to rush next fall

i have done a fair amount of research on the topic and have a moderate understanding of how the greek system works as well as friends who are already greek but i prefer to ask these questions in an anonymous tone (i.e. online) because i don't want to commit to rushing until im sure i rly want to. here are my questions:

1. what are the principle reasons one should join a fraternity? Because it's fun?

2. what reasons (if any) should some ppl NOT opt to join a fraternity If you think it will make you cooler/hotter/more popular/smarter/richer.

3. will membership in a fraternity increase your chances of having a lucrative career? Yeah because non-greeks are just slackers.

4. will NOT going greek hurt those chances? Of course. Because we all know that only people who were Greek are successful.

5. does going greek increase the likelyhood of getting famous (if you want to try that is)? I don't get this. What do you want to be famous for?

6. do professonal/postgraduate schools tend to be more impressed with greek applicants? Why not?

7. can a guy who is social but does not like to drink fit in? Never! You must drink, heavily, in order for anyone to like you.

8. is there any type of a maximum age or class range for joining (im starting my third year of college, but im only 18)? If you are seriously in your third year of college, how can you possibly be asking these questions??

9. can going greek increase my chances of making one of the sports teams? does NOT being greek hurt those chances? Now, wouldn't that depend on the circumstances/school/sport/schedule/monsoon season/mating habits of gypsy moths?

if anyone wants to take a crack at answering these Qs i would RLY appreciate it! come on, convince me! lol
I would seriously try to convince you that you need to think for yourself. My jokes were probably lame, but your post is ridiculous.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

O RLY? YA RLY!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

1. what are the principle reasons one should join a fraternity? Because it's fun?

No argument there, Greek life seems VERY fun =)

2. what reasons (if any) should some ppl NOT opt to join a fraternity If you think it will make you cooler/hotter/more popular/smarter/richer.

I'm already cool, hot, popular, smart and rich. Hence i think i could do well as a greek lol

3. will membership in a fraternity increase your chances of having a lucrative career? Yeah because non-greeks are just slackers.

Well according to pro-Greek research a higher proportion of non greeks are...

4. will NOT going greek hurt those chances? Of course. Because we all know that only people who were Greek are successful.

Quite a few of them are/were

5. does going greek increase the likelyhood of getting famous (if you want to try that is)? I don't get this. What do you want to be famous for?

Ummm...u want my address or something? mind yer own! lol

6. do professonal/postgraduate schools tend to be more impressed with greek applicants? Why not?

Duh thats y i wuzzzz asking!

7. can a guy who is social but does not like to drink fit in? Never! You must drink, heavily, in order for anyone to like you.

LMAO

8. is there any type of a maximum age or class range for joining (im starting my third year of college, but im only 18)? If you are seriously in your third year of college, how can you possibly be asking these questions??

Cause technically ive only been college age 4 a few months, started early

9. can going greek increase my chances of making one of the sports teams? does NOT being greek hurt those chances? Now, wouldn't that depend on the circumstances/school/sport/schedule/monsoon season/mating habits of gypsy moths?

now yer just being frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I would seriously try to convince you that you need to think for yourself. My jokes were probably lame, but your post is ridiculous.
Ridiculous, maybe, unheard of? hardly