GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,215
2 members and 2,213 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Is it cheating?

I don't know who the p-whipped guys are that they interviewed for this article. Dinner & drinks with a friend, cheating? You gotta be kidding me.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menl...g-and-cheating
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Well now. Is this cheating then? I am part of a HP community in lj. There are two members in this community that I communicate with quite frequently b/c of our love of HP. One is a woman and one is a man. We're all in our late 20's, love to discuss literature, but have never met one another. My hubby knows about them and considers them my "computer nerd friends" but he isn't bothered by them. I don't consider it cheating at all and neither does Mike. Based on the definitions some of these people have on cheating, I've now cheated via computer on my hubby with a man and a woman.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

"Half of men think that visiting a strip club is cheating."

This article is insane. Wonder what they'd think of that the only time I've been to a strip club was WITH my boyfriend? But seriously, I don't get how 60% think dinner and drinks w/ an ex is cheating...as long as you're honest with your current partner, I can't see how that would be cheating. Might piss him off, but not cheating!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I am part of a HP community in lj.
HP? What's HP?

And my husband wouldn't be particularly thrilled if I went out for drinks with my ex, but he'd have to get over it. On the flip side, he's had one ex, and she lives in Mexico, so I don't have to worry about it. And my husband wouldn't go to a strip club, it's not his thing. He watches WWE wrestling and won't watch the girls do their "matches" - he thinks they make themselves look like ridiculous fools.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

'Arry Potter
Old 04-11-2007, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Dudes, let's not read too much into this - 60% of dudes think drinks w/ an ex is cheating because they would then have sex with their ex.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
'Arry Potter
Thanks. I was thinking:

But I knew you couldn't be THAT big of a nerd!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Dudes, let's not read too much into this - 60% of dudes think drinks w/ an ex is cheating because they would then have sex with their ex.
Ding ding ding!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Thanks. I was thinking:

But I knew you couldn't be THAT big of a nerd!

ROFLMAO! I am a nerd but NOT that kind of nerd.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
That's true. The drinks itself isn't cheating (but yeah, it'd probably make me mad) but that kind of scenario can head into dangerous territory real quick.

I read that article today and I thought the same things as most of you. I mean, I've done half that stuff and never though twice about it and neither has anyone I've dated. I guess it's when you think about it as a situation that could lead to cheating is when it seems a little more tricky.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal026 View Post
"Half of men think that visiting a strip club is cheating."

This article is insane. Wonder what they'd think of that the only time I've been to a strip club was WITH my boyfriend? But seriously, I don't get how 60% think dinner and drinks w/ an ex is cheating...as long as you're honest with your current partner, I can't see how that would be cheating. Might piss him off, but not cheating!
Uh yeah...how is going to a strip club cheating? I don't have a problem with my boyfriend looking...I don't have what most of those women have haha...so I don't blame him. He's never gotten to go...they're 21+ up around here, and he just turned 21 a few months ago...and he won't waste his money that way. We were supposed to go with our friends over SB...(ran out of money though, and the cover for under 21 was too much for us...couldn't afford that and tips)...that would have been his first time and it would have been with me. I mean geez...looking isn't cheating!

I don't see how dinner and drinks with an ex is cheating either as long as it wasn't hidden from the current partner, and if that's all it was. I talk to and hang out with mine a good bit...and it's just because he's a good friend, that's it. It's not cheating!

Last edited by ΑΓΔSquirrelGirl; 04-11-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΑΓΔSquirrelGirl View Post
Uh yeah...how is going to a strip club cheating? I don't have a problem with my boyfriend looking...I don't have what most of those women have haha...so I don't blame him. He's never gotten to go...they're 21+ up around here, and he just turned 21 a few months ago...and he won't waste his money that way. We were supposed to go with our friends over SB...(ran out of money though, and the cover for under 21 was too much for us...couldn't afford that and tips)...that would have been his first time and it would have been with me. I mean geez...looking isn't cheating!

I don't see how dinner and drinks with an ex is cheating either as long as it wasn't hidden from the current partner, and if that's all it was. I talk to and hang out with mine a good bit...and it's just because he's a good friend, that's it. It's not cheating!
I wonder if the big part of the whole "It's cheating" mentality is that you're hiding it from your partner. Because while I wouldn't care if my boyfriend went to a strip club, it's bug me a lot if he didn't tell me and I found out some other way. I still wouldn't call it cheating, but if you act like you have something to hide, your SO will often assume that you do...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
agreed... i think that would also fit under the dinner/drinks w/ an attractive co-worker umbrella.

lotsa crazy stuff happens when you have a lil wine!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
agreed... i think that would also fit under the dinner/drinks w/ an attractive co-worker umbrella.

lotsa crazy stuff happens when you have a lil wine!
Yeah . . . no.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah . . . no.
not saying everyone does that, just saying that's why the guys in the survey might have thought it was cheating.