GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,389
2 members and 1,387 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 05-20-2003, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
"Buffy" Series Finale (*sob*)

Okay, who here is hopelessly addicted? Who will be sitting tomorrow in front of his/her TV at 8:00EDT/7:00CDT with popcorn or lowfat yogurt?

I'm PISSED 'cuz I have a rehearsal, so I'll have to tape it and watch it later that night. My favorite show is ending, and I have to miss it. Grr.

So, as the era comes to a close, what was your favorite Buffy moment? And what moment do you need to see before the end?

My favorite was the look on Giles' face at the beginning of Season Six when he walked in the front door of Casa Summers to see Buffy alive. And I will send hate mail to UPN if there is not some sort of Giles & Buffy father/daughter moment tomorrow.

I can't wait.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-20-2003, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to see Buffy choose Spike. she HAS to, otherwise he'll die. I don't mean literally, I mean, every time she turns him down he dies a little. And I almost hit something when I saw her kiss Angel last episode.

My favorite moment was the Halloween Episode of the first year in college. Haunted House, I think. Xander comes as "Bond", Buffy as Red Riding Hood, Willow shows up as Joan of Arc:

Willow: "I figured she was burned at the stake and I almost was, plus she has that whole close relationship with God thing."
Xander: "And what did you come as?" (To Oz)
Oz: (Pulls aside jacket to reveal nametag, reads "Hello my name is GOD.")
Old 05-20-2003, 08:01 AM

boo
I have a rehearsal too :P

Yay for TiVo!

I like Buffy and Spike together better than I like Buffy and Angel. And yeah, I'm all about the Buffy/Giles - father/daughter moment.

Favorite Buffy Moments:
-First episode w/ Faith when Xander says something about wanting Faith to tell him about how she "wrastled" the alligator naked (hahha- cracks me up every time!)
-The episode where Cordelia comes back from her little "hiatus" after the Xander drama and she wishes that Buffy had never came to Sunnydale. Willow and Xander must have had so much fun w/ that one!
-The one where Buffy goes invisible and someone (I forget who) catches her and Spike sleeping together, and he pretends to be doing "push-ups"
-The one where Willow goes to that 3rd-dimensional portal and gets all trippy w/ that guy and then almost kills her and Buffy's sister in a car accident.

edited to add:
-the episode with the orgasmic wall...lol I love that one!

Last edited by LuaBlanca; 05-20-2003 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:49 AM

LuaBlanca, I think it was Xander who caught invisible Buffy and Spike in bed.

One of my favorites is the Halloween episode where they all turn into their costumes. Then there are the vampire-Willow eps.

Boo... I have to go to a meeting tonight All hail the VCR!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to pick Buffy and Angel over Buffy and Spike anyday. Although I'd pick Angelus over Angel any day. So much better when he's bad.

Favorite moments:

The whole "Hush" episode.

Anything with Drucilla and Angelus.

The prom.

And who could forget the fraternity with the monster in the basement that made all the brothers rich and powerful? (Season 2, I think).

Thank the powers-that-be for FX!
Old 05-20-2003, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I totally want Buffy and Spike to get together!!! I love Spike... way funnier that Angel, even when he was evil. I don't like that they brought Angel back for the finale. I mean, he has his own show...?!

Fav. episodes:

The holloween one where Willow becomes a Ghost, Xander the army guy, and Buffy the southern belle.

The one where they show Anya's history as a before and during demon status. I love Anya, she's so hilarious!!!

And the almost banned Clair-Voiant episode, where the guy almost shoots up the High School, and the lunch lady tries to posion everyone.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kstar
I have to see Buffy choose Spike. she HAS to, otherwise he'll die. I don't mean literally, I mean, every time she turns him down he dies a little. And I almost hit something when I saw her kiss Angel last episode.
I so totally agree! Buffy has to end up with Spike.. I mean, the girl who could predict the future, she told Spike that Buffy would tell him that she loved him!

My commitment to the show: I just moved to VA, and I had a doctor's appt. in MD (2 hours each way), the appt. was at 3:15, and I called and changed it on the MEAR chance that there would be horrendous traffic coming home!

Fave. moments:
- the "Hush" episode
- anything w/Oz, he is just too funny! "I mock you with my monkey pants."
- all of the Halloween episodes
Old 05-20-2003, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm completely addicted to Buffy, and I don't see how they can tie up all of the loose ends in just one last episode..... I'm going to have so many unanswered questions, I just know it...

I don't get UPN here, so I download the episodes on Monday night from the 'net. I've been driving myself crazy since 7 pm last night, trying not to give into the temptation to watch it before broadcast time. I hope I can make it.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
okay, has everyone watched the last episode yet...oh wait I'm thinking no...post your thoughts when you've seen it
Old 05-20-2003, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

All I can say is that I am an unhappy camper.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I hear ya BetaRose
Old 05-20-2003, 11:21 PM

Please, no spoilers without fair warning. My meeting ran really late so I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow
Old 05-21-2003, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
I cried. That's all I'm going to say.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Where do you download them from? As in how would I do it too lol.

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaRose
I'm completely addicted to Buffy, and I don't see how they can tie up all of the loose ends in just one last episode..... I'm going to have so many unanswered questions, I just know it...

I don't get UPN here, so I download the episodes on Monday night from the 'net. I've been driving myself crazy since 7 pm last night, trying not to give into the temptation to watch it before broadcast time. I hope I can make it.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Quote:
Originally posted by Sistermadly
I cried. That's all I'm going to say.

Sister let me pass you a tissue cause I was bawlin!

I'm sure we've all seen it by now and let me just say, they said the finale was going to leave some unanswered questions but damn. Is Spike truly dead? I think he went to another dimension like Angel did when Buffy killed him. And finally Buffy said she loved Spike, I know he didn't think she meant it, but I really think she did. She turned down Angel for him and that's the love of her life.

I love Spike! He's sexy as all get out.

When they showed the part where all the little girls are now slayers, man I was crying.

There is going to be a spinoff, just watch! Sarah said in TV guide she would even make an appearace in the new show if they have one.

Here is what someone posted on slayage.com.

May 20, 2003
OPINION
Reflections
by Daniel Erenberg

THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE BUFFY SERIES FINALE 'CHOSEN'

In a word: Perfect. Loose ends were tied up masterfully. Some were left peeking out for future spin-offs. The last scene was thought provoking and tear inducing. There were deaths, none were arbitrary, and each was meaningful in its own way. Of course I am talking about the series finale, "Chosen", one last masterstroke from Buffy The Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon.

Right now as I write this, I'm an hour and four minutes removed from The End. The curtains didn't close on a kiss. They closed on a beautiful smirk, displaying to us the reason that this show existed.

Today, to commemorate the final episode of Buffy, I wore a Buffy T-Shirt that I bought during the second season, and I chose an episode at complete random to watch (it turned out to be "Consequences"). Today was a great day.

There will be those that complain. I don't know what they'll say. Maybe they'll wonder why Willow didn't have a bigger part, or they'll gripe over the deaths of Anya and Spike. Perhaps they'll contemplate the lack of Angel in the episode. But I thought everything was perfect. From Spike's glorious sacrifice to Joss's beautifully executed homage to the final line of "The Harvest", this episode satisfied me to the utmost degree.

And the performances of all people, Tom Lenk as Andrew brought the major tears to my eyes with his comments both in the school and on the bus afterward. And Nicholas Brendon once again proved why he is the best young actor working in television today with his reaction to Andrew's speech. Sarah Michelle Gellar gave her most nuanced performance in years with her uniquely Emmy-worthy acting. There was so much greatness to go around in this episode.

Joss Whedon truly delivered again both in the writing and directing departments. Every line of dialogue truly flowed and I'm still convinced that he's the only writer that can make Xander sound how he's meant to sound. In the directing department, I think we need only look at his pan-and-scan in Angel's scene after the teaser, or his overhead shot of Buffy running across the rooftop of the school building.

James Marsters, brilliant always, gave perhaps his best performance to date, living up to all of the hype that inevitably surrounds him due to his impossible good looks and equally impossible acting ability.

Alyson Hannigan gave her last performance on the show as well, and I refuse to forget her. She gave a nice understated performance in "Chosen" that spoke volumes about her character.

Eliza Dushku as Faith, D.B. Woodside as Robin Wood, even the usually less than worthy Iyari Limon as Kennedy, gave equally fine-tuned performances rising to the challenges that Joss gave to them with his final epic opus.

Gosh, this is far shorter than any of my other articles but that's because I'm only writing about a single episode. "Chosen" is the last episode and, perhaps, the best. However, one thing is for sure. It was the perfect note to go out on.
"What should we do now, Buffy'" And I smile at the thoughts rushing to my brain.

One last thing: Despite what many of you think, Slayage.com and my column along with it, will go on after "Chosen". Remember: The mind of Joss Whedon still exists and so does Angel.

Last edited by DELTAQTE; 05-21-2003 at 05:36 AM.