GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,123
1 members and 2,122 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Thumbs up Espana

Well, I'm off to Spain this summer, but not till the end of June. I will be there for two and a half weeks. I have always wanted to go. So I have gone ahead and bought a guide book and "Spanish for Travelers" book/CD set to prep up for it. I took two years of Spanish and one in college, but don't remember a whole lot. Can't wait!!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

GOOD FOR YOU!!

I'm jealous, lol.

For the 2nd June in a row, I'm packing up the house (last year it was carpet on the whole 1st floor except for the kitchen and laundry room).

Went to hike Providence Canyon State Park. Treated myself to a squirrel with acorn suncatcher
Old 06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy Belated Founders Day ladies! We are 103 now! Woohoo! I spent the day in Chicago with my son's class on a two day field trip. It didn't look quite as good without the Alpha Gam banners lining the street! In the two days we were there, we 1) Drove to and from Detroit on a bus, 2) Went to Navy Pier and rode on the new Tall Ship Windy, 3) Went to the Field Museum, 4) Went to Medeval Times in Schaumburg, IL (where our hotel was) 5) Went to to Shedd Aquarium, 6) Went downtown to go to the observatory at the John Hancock Center, eat lunch, and do a little (very little!) shopping and 6) went to the Museum of Science and Industry. We arrived home last night at 11 pm and my son and I both slept in very late today. It was a real whirlwind tour and my son saw enough to know that he wants to go back someday soon. But, I thought it was a good place to be on May 30th and I thought of all of you who I saw the last time I was in Chicago!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, gosh!! Thanks for reminding us!

I don't feel a day over 25, lol.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I was offered a position on an amazing committee and I'm more excited than I've been about anything in Alpha Gam before! But yeah, I'm waiting til something official is posted publicly to tell.
Well, it's listed under my name now if you do a sister search, so I guess that's official! I'll be serving on the Elections Committee this year. I am so honored to have been appointed to that committee.

I just wrote "goodbye" letters to the chapters that I'm leaving in the hands of others now. I had a rough time. Oddly, I've been working with some of these chapters so long that the old EC officers are now their advisors. Some of the CAs were collegians when I was on the Finance Committee even. It's so odd. But, on to new pastures, for the most part. I still have two of the old chapters. Now I have to prep all my files to send on to others. What a job. At least with 14 fewer collegiate chapters, my file cabinets shouldn't be busting out of their seams as they are now.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats Dee,
I'm sure that you will be a wonderful election committee person!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations, Dee. I was confused by what you meant. I thought you were giving up being a AC so I had to look you up, lol.

I checked out the chapter page.. I'm not listed as CA anymore. (So should I send back all the correspondence I receive? loll). Actually the position isn't even listed. If they put "The old one is still doing the job, but she's moving and needs a replacement", that would help, lol.

I wonder if the Information Report was received; the page has last year's officers. Will need to check on that.

(Oh forgot to say that instead of a letter saying that IC has reappointed me, the letter said something like "Thanks for helping out xxx xxx xxx Chapter (it had my name instead of the actual chapter name, lol.)

Update: Seems that there is a website issue so some information has to be re-entered.

Last edited by AGDLynn; 06-04-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JPowers155 Send a message via Yahoo to JPowers155
Missing you already, Dee...

We miss you already.

I checked my listing online and while I am listed as CA, they have me serving for 0 years. Apparently my 1996 - 2003 gig as CA and 2003 - 2005 as SDC just doesn't count.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
I looked myself up on the member directory and it seems so weird to have a VST position listed on the page!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPowers155 View Post
We miss you already.

I checked my listing online and while I am listed as CA, they have me serving for 0 years. Apparently my 1996 - 2003 gig as CA and 2003 - 2005 as SDC just doesn't count.

None of my previous service is listed anymore either.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Lauren Benedict Qualifies for Macon (GA) City Council

Today Lauren officially qualified as a Democratic candidate for Macon City Council Ward V, Post 1, Election day, Tuesday, July 17th!

Too bad I'm not in her district.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My mom is in the hospital again. She's getting a pacemaker tomorrow, semi-emergency surgery. The docs sound optimistic that she'll do great through the surgery and recovery and that she'll feel a lot better afterward.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's hoping that all goes well!!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
I hope it all goes ok and she has a smooth recovery.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Dee, I wish your mom a very speedy recovery!