GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,534
0 members and 2,534 guests
No Members online

Old 06-03-2005, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Texas State Lambda Chi

Hey all...sorry to crash, but looking for info.

My youngest brother will be attending Texas State as a Freshman in the fall. He is an ATO legacy (one bro from UT, one bro from Tex. State), but I want him to consider LXA (as my DH is one, and I've always been partial...). I don't know for sure if he will go through recruitment & don't know anything about the chapter there, but suspect he will be encouraged to look @ ATO at least...he's going to walk on w/the baseball team as well. I'm biased, but think he is an excellent candidate for membership in a quality brotherhood.

I thought there was at least one San Marcos area LXA alum on GC, but can't remember...Lifesaver? Suggestions for how I should proceed? Anyone I can put in contact with him? Sorry...I don't know how fraternity recruitment works, but remember that back in the day there were some pre-Fall semester activities, at least at my school.... DH is not an active alum (no LXA in Lubbock), so I don't know if he would write a rec or not (or if that was needed). Your thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
-Andi
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-03-2005, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

dzandiloo..

which Texas State?

lifesaver is From San Antonio.

I checked jonsagaras web site and lots of schools there.

Let me know!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe she is talking about Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Just tell him LXA's do better with all the sorority girls and woman on campus...case closed.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
I believe she is talking about Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
That is correct...f/k/a Southwest Texas State...trying to get used to calling it that, but can't call it TSU, since my alma mater (Tarleton) will always be TSU to me!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

SATX*APhi

Wow, thanks for coming on LXA Thread and posting this!

Oh, I think She knows lifesaver as well. Crazy LXA who I care about very much about!

Please feel free to come on LXA Thread and talk nice about us, We love it!

Damn, finally found Web Site:

http://www.studentorgs.txstate.edu/lca/

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 06-03-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Sorry, Web Site comes up ZERO!

Any Brothers know if Zeta is still there?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-04-2005, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Its definately still there. Lambda Phi Zeta is a tradition in these parts. Its a great chapter. I know a few people from the chapter there and the greek advisor at TSU was my greek advosr as an undergrad. Amazing person. Anyway, I'll post more tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dzandiloo
That is correct...f/k/a Southwest Texas State...trying to get used to calling it that, but can't call it TSU, since my alma mater (Tarleton) will always be TSU to me!
Total random hijack (sorry), but yesterday I was talking to an old friend of mine that moved to D.C. about a year ago and she was asking me what university was in San Marcos. I said, "Texas State." She said that was not it, that it was Southwest. Poor girl had no idea that the name of the university had changed. Haha.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Texas State Lambda Chi

Quote:
Originally posted by dzandiloo
Hey all...sorry to crash, but looking for info.

My youngest brother will be attending Texas State as a Freshman in the fall. He is an ATO legacy (one bro from UT, one bro from Tex. State), but I want him to consider LXA (as my DH is one, and I've always been partial...). I don't know for sure if he will go through recruitment & don't know anything about the chapter there, but suspect he will be encouraged to look @ ATO at least...he's going to walk on w/the baseball team as well. I'm biased, but think he is an excellent candidate for membership in a quality brotherhood.

I thought there was at least one San Marcos area LXA alum on GC, but can't remember...Lifesaver? Suggestions for how I should proceed? Anyone I can put in contact with him? Sorry...I don't know how fraternity recruitment works, but remember that back in the day there were some pre-Fall semester activities, at least at my school.... DH is not an active alum (no LXA in Lubbock), so I don't know if he would write a rec or not (or if that was needed). Your thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
-Andi
Andi,

TSU has a great Lambda Chi chapter. They are the student leaders on campus, have a lot of athletes and are the blue chip guys. When I was an undergrad I went to a lot of parties there (its only 45 minutes from SA) and always had a great time. Its a great campus where greeks rule.

Back in the day the ATO chapter was a good one there. I dont know how they are now.

I dont have any contacts at the Lambda Chi chapter up there, but have put in a request for the contact info. I'll keep you up to date.

-Andy

PS: I think they probably do some events right before school starts. I am not sure tho. A rec would probably be unnecessary. I'll find out for sure.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Mooch279
Cross and Crescent

On the back of the cross and crescent there is a legacey form you can fill out and send to nationals and they will send information about either the chapter at the school or lambda chi in general. Or you can go to the national site: http://lambdachi.org/alumni/legacy.asp
University of Maryland, Baltimore County '02
FD 279
Old 06-06-2005, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Cross and Crescent

Quote:
Originally posted by Mooch279
On the back of the cross and crescent there is a legacey form you can fill out and send to nationals and they will send information about either the chapter at the school or lambda chi in general. Or you can go to the national site: http://lambdachi.org/alumni/legacy.asp
Is it acceptable to use that form in this situation, though? He is not a legacy, unless you consider being my husband's brother-in-law a legacy (which I know LXA doesn't).... If it is acceptable, I may be able to get my husband to fill it out...

Thanks for all of the additional info, Lifesaver, etc.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Andi,

Just sent you a PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Andi, Me too!

As Andy the Cable Guy Says, "Get It Done"!!!!!!!!

Hey Dip Stick, you still owe me a call!

Got to cut Mister Weeds though! More rain in forecast!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks guys...I've asked hubby to do his part. Appreciate your help & will keep you posted if the youngster decides to go through recruitment for sure!