GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,067
2 members and 1,065 guests
chi-o_cat, indygphib

Old 09-17-2020, 09:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Lancaster Protestor is a KD

Of course this is the angle someone would take.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/lancas...site%20buttons
Old 09-17-2020, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
Of course this is the angle someone would take.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/lancas...site%20buttons
Wow, right there in the title. Not sure why they felt, of all things, to highlight that one fact about her.

And talk about a lame way to start an article.

Quote:
She went from the sorority house to the big house.

@~/~~~~
Old 09-17-2020, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Wow, right there in the title. Not sure why they felt, of all things, to highlight that one fact about her.

And talk about a lame way to start an article.
Because it’s 1) the New York Post, a sensational tabloid news rag with 2) right-leaning politics and 3) a penchant for witty headlines “from the sorority house to the big house”.

You’ll find the Post on this Media Bias Chart in the lower right quadrant (“extreme / unfair interpretations of the news” teetering between “leans right” and “hyper-partisan right”). If you want the real story, I suggest googling her name + any of the sources in the upper middle “news reporting, neutral bias” sources.

https://my.lwv.org/california/torran...ing-media-bias
Old 09-17-2020, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDG View Post
Because it’s 1) the New York Post, a sensational tabloid news rag with 2) right-leaning politics and 3) a penchant for witty headlines “from the sorority house to the big house”.

You’ll find the Post on this Media Bias Chart in the lower right quadrant (“extreme / unfair interpretations of the news” teetering between “leans right” and “hyper-partisan right”). If you want the real story, I suggest googling her name + any of the sources in the upper middle “news reporting, neutral bias” sources.

Exactly, the NY Post's journalistic reputation bit the dust within only a couple of years of Rupert Murdoch acquiring it back in the mid-1970's. The once venerable newspaper founded by Alexander Hamilton is now best known for articles about celebrity love lives and the shenanigans of the Real Housewives. It's the closest thing America has to the British tabloids. Great if you thrive on gossip and overwrought hyperbole, but not a particularly balanced source of real news.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDG View Post

I'm simply shocked that they're not held up as a pillar of journalistic integrity!

I live in NYC and don't even read the Post. Fortunately, it doesn't seem as though I've come across their electronic articles too frequently, either.

@~/~~~~
Old 09-17-2020, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

The only time I see Post articles, it’s about some politician’s personal life... comes up on Google...gossip rag.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
The only time I see Post articles, it’s about some politician’s personal life... comes up on Google...gossip rag.
Yeah, NY Post is trash.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter graduated high school with this girl. It was at a small boarding school in PA where both of her parents were teachers. She is in college on pretty much a free ride. My daughter is absolutely appalled that A) they're making her out to be this wealthy white girl at an expensive institution and B) they feel the need to point out that she's in a sorority--which somehow adds to the stereotype they're trying to paint. The way social media is treating this whole thing has been just awful. They were not good friends but the way Kat is being treated is horrendous.