GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,859
0 members and 1,859 guests
No Members online

Old 08-27-2001, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
scavenger hunt

what might be some interesting things to try and find on a hunt?

I want things that would take some creativity to get, but nothing that would be too mean to the innocent public, one of the main things though, is I want one member of the group to video tape the entire thing for their group...it'd kind of make it into a tv type thing, plus it'd show any illegal moves, plus it'd just be funny as shit to watch, I think.

So if you have any things that you've seen on scavenger hunts eeither on the tele, or ones that you've done, please reply...it'd be an awesome social

my list so far:
* Underwear
* The signature of an alumni not from your chapter (for frat and soror)
* All the ingredients to make a hamburger (lettuce, tomato,beef)
* An american flag
* the cap of a resteraunt employee
* White Rose
* the flower of whichever soror we have social with
* the signature of the president of the university

see, all mine are dorky..I need help with it

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 08-27-2001, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Lose the hamburger stuff - otherwise you've got raw ingredients floating around in a car, not safe!

B.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
I think the vidoe tape thing is good but for an alternative...we had a scavenger hunt where there were groups of sisters at different places in the city. They took polaroids of the group doing funky stuff at that location and that was like a checkpoint. You didn't have to visit the places in order but all 5 locations had to be visited in order to win. We had to collect stuff too but the locations made it fun. Also the locations had to be visited at least 30 minutes before the hunt ended. We went places like the Capital Building, Condomology (that was funny), a landmark on campus....

I can't remember the stuff we collected but a couple of things were a fraternity paddle and a scorecard from a football game against our rival school (had to be from a certain year).

We have a fountain that is infamous at our school where everyone gets thrown in on their birthday and we started there. There were balloons in the fountain (some empty, some with the scavenger hunt lists) and the teams had to break open balloons to find a list and get started. If your university has anything like this it might be a way to get started.....

I hope this gives you some ideas
Old 08-28-2001, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
some things we've put on our lists in the past:

panties.
Soccer ball
Signatures from three members of other fraternities
Hoola Hoop
River water in a mountain dew bottle.
some other crazy stuff that is very hard to find....
Old 08-28-2001, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GmuTeke
The way Tekes in my chapter do the hunt is that the pledge class president takes pictues of the pledge class together with everything on their list, and he is the only one allowed not be in the photo. i'm sure the same thing can be done for video cameras.

one of the things mentioned is to find X number of common things, X being the number of the pledge class. like my class of 11 had to find 11 mints, 11 triangular shaped rocks (TKE triangle, i'm sure you can find a Sigma Chi symbol), 11 mints, and 11 cans of the beverage of your choice.

we also had to take pictures with ladies from at least 3 different sorority chapters, as well as a picture of us with the chapter sweetheart.

hope this helps