GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,146
2 members and 1,144 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 09-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Banned

DVD of American's beheading is hot item in Gaza

This is awful. It seems they celebrate any awful act that happens to America by either passing out candy and dancing in the streets after 9/11 or by passing around murder decapitation videos.

Sep. 29, 2004 0:02 | Updated Sep. 29, 2004 0:23
DVD of American's beheading is hot item in Gaza
By LAMIA LAHOUD

Video shops in Gaza are selling a new DVD featuring the recent beheading of an American in Iraq. The gruesome video, priced at NIS 15, is apparently selling like hotcakes.

"When I saw the DVD I started to worry about our future," said Muhammad, a young Gazan father of three who works for the Palestinian Authority. It was so cruel. I couldn't watch. I only looked at the still shots."

Muhammad bought the DVD "out of curiosity," he said. "Of course I did not bring it home to my children. I watched it in my office."

The clip starts with masked men reading the charges and justifying their actions based on Islam. They accuse the American civilian of assisting the "allied occupation forces," place the knife at his head, and start to cut. When done, they hold up the severed head.

"They used a knife which was not sharp... It seems they wanted to kill him slowly to torture him," said another Palestinian who saw the footage.

"The worst thing I remember is the howl of the poor hostage... He was shaking all over. It's hard to imagine how anyone can watch it."

Muhammad said he believes most buy it out of curiosity, but he acknowledged that there is growing anger at the US for its "occupation of Iraq," which many compare to Israel's occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. "Those selling the DVD do it for the money. They download it from the Internet for free and then sell it for NIS 15."

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's group in Iraq has claimed responsibility for the recent beheadings of two American civil engineers – Eugene Armstrong and Jack Hensley – taken hostage with British civil engineer Kenneth Bigley on September 16.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1096344047169

-Rudey
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-29-2004, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: DVD of American's beheading is hot item in Gaza

This is sick. Those people are subhuman and do not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us. I can't imagine how outraged I'd be if that were my family member or close friend on that DVD.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Another source

I heard that the videos are also on the US Homeland Security website.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Guess it's gotta be easier for them than downloading video of it...

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 09-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper
Guess it's gotta be easier for them than downloading video of it...
It's awful how their websites carry this filth and then they sell it as stocking stuffers on the street.

-Rudey
Old 09-29-2004, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
It's awful how their websites carry this filth and then they sell it as stocking stuffers on the street.

-Rudey
Their? Who is this collective group? Cause I've seen the videos posted on a plethora of web-sites including ones that deplore in the strongest terms the content of the videos - hell I've seen a copy of the Berg one purchased by Marines in Iraq. Are these DVDs bought only by people supporting the actions of the terrorists/insurrgents? While it might be easier to believe that is the case I have think that some buy it out of morbid curiousity - some people just have to see it, to be shocled by it... much like the old Faces of Death videos years ago.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Their? Who is this collective group? Cause I've seen the videos posted on a plethora of web-sites including ones that deplore in the strongest terms the content of the videos - hell I've seen a copy of the Berg one purchased by Marines in Iraq. Are these DVDs bought only by people supporting the actions of the terrorists/insurrgents? While it might be easier to believe that is the case I have think that some buy it out of morbid curiousity - some people just have to see it, to be shocled by it... much like the old Faces of Death videos years ago.
Thanks for defending the animals that profit from this horror. Someone needed to stick up for them. I can't believe that anyone would be so greedy as to try and profit from this.

The thought of people who think that this is okay sickens me.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Let's see:

It was Arabs/Muslim fundamentalists/terrorists who kidnapped, murdered, and decapitated the heads of these innocent men. That wasn't happening in Atlanta. Heck they weren't doing it in Paris.

It was Arabs/Muslims who are buying the videos. That wasn't happening in Los Angeles or London.

It was Arabs/Muslims who danced in the same area and handed out candy right after 9/11. That wasn't happening in NYC and Ontario.

But you can create all sorts of BS to try and divert attention away from something in some effort to demonstrate exactly how flawed your thinking is.

-Rudey
Old 09-30-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Let's see:

It was Arabs/Muslim fundamentalists/terrorists who kidnapped, murdered, and decapitated the heads of these innocent men. That wasn't happening in Atlanta. Heck they weren't doing it in Paris.

It was Arabs/Muslims who are buying the videos. That wasn't happening in Los Angeles or London.

It was Arabs/Muslims who danced in the same area and handed out candy right after 9/11. That wasn't happening in NYC and Ontario.

But you can create all sorts of BS to try and divert attention away from something in some effort to demonstrate exactly how flawed your thinking is.

-Rudey
Well I actually prefer to refer to them as insurrgents or terrorists... I have serious doubts as to there adherence to even the basics of Quran... their hatred and extreme actions have pushed them far outside the bounds of what is considered acceptable by even many fundamentalists.

I love how you love to leap onto the whole Arab/Mulsims are the only ones to blame... last time I checked not all people who live in Palestine are Arabs or Muslims; and yes you can buy copies of the videos in London, NYC and even here in Toronto - where ever there is anyone willing to profit from the suffering and misfortune of others the crash /heartless "businessman" will crawl out from under some rock. Is it right - no; will it always happen - yes... some people will always get off on disturbing videos or the suffering/humilation/death of others... it's why the some of the Iraqi videos have done good business too. Now even the article you posted backed up my assertion that many were buying it not because of their support for the terrorists, nor maybe even for their longstanding hatred of America, but out of some sick curiousity.

Also I'd like to point out that while some danced following 9/11 others mourned the loss and cursed the actions of the terrorists... and yes the same things happened up here in Ontario after 9/11 - the range of emotions fell across the board and I had to play mediator at my college; and before you leap to the sad conclusion that it was Arab/Muslim students... sorry but no... while there were some that did, I also saw the Anarchists, the Communists, the White-power loonies, some fundamentalist Christians, and yes even some hardcore Zionists... all for different reasons - could be they were happy that Americans and other citizens were killed; or in the case of others, that the US would launch it's own "holy war" to eradicate each groups enemy du jour. For example the Black Block (Anarchists) were hoping that this would lead to a collapse of the finacial system and an overthrow of the established order... the Communists were happy to see "decadent capitalists die in their altar to greed"... the White power tools were hoping the US would nuke the "sand n****" off the face of the earth... the Christians facists were hoping that a crusade to eradicate Islaam would be declared... and the handful of ultra right-wing Zionists were advocating this as an event to motivate Americans to eradicate the "terrorist Arab race" that threaten a greater Israel. All of these examples of walking talking feces siezed on the events of 9/11, and made it a happy occasion for their causes... luckly in doing so their disgusting actions made it all the easier to expell them from the school for violating the student code of conduct... on top of the code of human decency.

You may accuse me of having "flawed thinking", but I'd hope that instead it is ability to look at things from a great many angles and understand that there are as many differing views as there are aspects of human nature... besides it's how I'm paid to think at work.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Banned

Do you always just make things up?

I don't care whether you, a white anglo Christian thinks they are Muslim or not. They consider themselves just that. In fact their peers recently have issued statements saying they are and that it's a shame. Furthermore, it is so many of their peers that celebrate them. While they are not cutting off the heads of Christians and Jews, they are trading their shaheed cards and buying their mutilation videos.

Keep making things up though. These murder acts are done by Arabs/Muslims. These videos are selling really well in Arab/Muslim lands.

Again, you are someone who knows nothing of the region and you keep trying to talk down to me as if I didn't know there were christians there. You also include a bunch of irrelevant material, material that is lies (often you do this but here it's plain obvious), and then also some weird personal stories that can't even be backed up. Stick to Canada. Stick to hockey. Stick to your world is flat concepts.

-Rudey

Quote:
Well I actually prefer to refer to them as insurrgents or terrorists... I have serious doubts as to there adherence to even the basics of Quran... their hatred and extreme actions have pushed them far outside the bounds of what is considered acceptable by even many fundamentalists.

I love how you love to leap onto the whole Arab/Mulsims are the only ones to blame... last time I checked not all people who live in Palestine are Arabs or Muslims; and yes you can buy copies of the videos in London, NYC and even here in Toronto - where ever there is anyone willing to profit from the suffering and misfortune of others the crash /heartless "businessman" will crawl out from under some rock. Is it right - no; will it always happen - yes... some people will always get off on disturbing videos or the suffering/humilation/death of others... it's why the some of the Iraqi videos have done good business too. Now even the article you posted backed up my assertion that many were buying it not because of their support for the terrorists, nor maybe even for their longstanding hatred of America, but out of some sick curiousity.

Also I'd like to point out that while some danced following 9/11 others mourned the loss and cursed the actions of the terrorists... and yes the same things happened up here in Ontario after 9/11 - the range of emotions fell across the board and I had to play mediator at my college; and before you leap to the sad conclusion that it was Arab/Muslim students... sorry but no... while there were some that did, I also saw the Anarchists, the Communists, the White-power loonies, some fundamentalist Christians, and yes even some hardcore Zionists... all for different reasons - could be they were happy that Americans and other citizens were killed; or in the case of others, that the US would launch it's own "holy war" to eradicate each groups enemy du jour. For example the Black Block (Anarchists) were hoping that this would lead to a collapse of the finacial system and an overthrow of the established order... the Communists were happy to see "decadent capitalists die in their altar to greed"... the White power tools were hoping the US would nuke the "sand n****" off the face of the earth... the Christians facists were hoping that a crusade to eradicate Islaam would be declared... and the handful of ultra right-wing Zionists were advocating this as an event to motivate Americans to eradicate the "terrorist Arab race" that threaten a greater Israel. All of these examples of walking talking feces siezed on the events of 9/11, and made it a happy occasion for their causes... luckly in doing so their disgusting actions made it all the easier to expell them from the school for violating the student code of conduct... on top of the code of human decency.

You may accuse me of having "flawed thinking", but I'd hope that instead it is ability to look at things from a great many angles and understand that there are as many differing views as there are aspects of human nature... besides it's how I'm paid to think at work.

Last edited by Rudey; 09-30-2004 at 11:06 AM.