GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,443
1 members and 2,442 guests
navane

Old 08-12-2002, 03:10 AM

Things that p... you off

People who stand still when going DOWN on escalators. Get walking you lazy bastards!

And people who stand still on those moving walkways at the airport.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2002, 03:20 AM
Banned

Re: Things that p... you off

Quote:
Originally posted by Moochagoo
People who stand still when going DOWN on escalators. Get walking you lazy bastards!

And people who stand still on those moving walkways at the airport.
Actually they're supposed to stick to one side so people can get by if they'd like.

You know what pisses me off? The two jackasses that're always in every single photo: on is puffing his lips out with a hand on his chin and the other one will be making some gesture with his hand (either some fake ass gang thing or the "shocker").

-Rudey
--I'm sure girls have their own version of their shocker so speak up!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:29 AM

Message to escalator users -

1. Do not just stand there when going down. Work your lazy ass.
2. On the trip up or down - try and really focus on what you will do at the bottom. Which way will you go? DO NOT decide at the bottom.
3. Stand on the F*** right, if you must stand at all.
4. When getting off the escalator, walk fowards for a few metres before turning. Do not simply cut right across the path of everyone getting on the escalator going in the opposite direction.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
-PRicks who use the elevator to go one floor up or down. Use the freaking stairs.

-Anoying tiny boppers at a concert yelling to hear the hit song, and then gets all excited and jump around. Stand still and enjoy the song.

-Reality TV, which I still say it's an oxymoron (sp?)

-I hate people who are intollerant of other people's culture.

-The Dutch

Last edited by moe.ron; 08-12-2002 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
People that borrow money from you, but pay you back in installments. You borrowed fifty bucks from me, don't give me ten and say you'll pay me later.

Another thing that gets under my skin is when you get to the checker at the supermarket, and your food has been scanned, you decide you don't want it. Now the manager has to come from his office which usually somewhere deep in the store with a special key that you would think is the holy grail itself and type in a code to clear your purchases. All the while we have to wait.

Then it's the 411 operator who you tell you need two numbers but automatically connects you to your first call. Now you have to pay another dollar if you want that other phone number
Old 08-12-2002, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

My boss...enough said.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Quote:
Originally posted by AOX81
My boss...enough said.

I agree with you there! I hate my boss!!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:18 AM

People walking 4 abreast down the sidewalk and going REALLY REALLY SLOW. It's not a frigging production number from Grease - please break into twos and let people pass you if you want to go at snail speed.

And people who let their kids run wild and make noise in libraries or bookstores. They should get the chair.

re the escalators, I have heard of people being yelled at to NOT walk up or down on the escalator (i.e. get on a step and stay there), so that might be the reason.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiSigMeg01
--when stupid drivers force you to slam on the breaks as they cut
you off at the last moment, and then once in front of you SLOW down....wtf???

--the Beltway at rush hour.....enough said

--the Capitol park policeman who watches the corner near my office building and LIVES to give people jaywalking tickets even when half of the street is blocked off to traffic anyway!
Old 08-12-2002, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
when im driving and someone cuts in front of me when there are 2 other empty lanes

people that yell at their kids in public

slow people

being talked down to/second guessed/questioned

when i'm talking to someone telling them something, and then a 3rd party who wasn't paying attention asks me a question which would have been answered had they been paying attention (my dad does this all the time, drives me crazy)

when people at work get a thousand personal calls a day..what the hell is so important that you have to call every 5 minutes
Old 08-12-2002, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate people.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
And people who let their kids run wild and make noise in libraries or bookstores. They should get the chair.
Darlin', I think I'm going to start a campaign to get you an honorary membership in the American Library Association.

No Ma'am, I will not watch your kids while you go over to look for books on the other side of the library. You had 'em, you watch 'em.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I deal with the public daily Damn are they stupid!

Have to go to the car to get .95 so wont get a nickle and people waiting or dig in the purse and it is always at the bottom!

Say that is all and ring it all in and get change and then the saya I need this 4 different times!

Try to steal 80.00 woth of goods and say what you talking about!

Dont have the damn money so have to put it back! Oh I have a coupon when already rung in!

Bring in a loose bag of peenies, 5.00 worth!

All I have is change, hope you need it, Not! Damn drawer is already full for the other Nutsoids!

Cranky hell yes!

Stupidity Reigns!

I keep thinking tank god there are people like that that make me feek normal!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-12-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhiSigMeg01
--when stupid drivers force you to slam on the breaks as they cut
you off at the last moment, and then once in front of you SLOW down....wtf???

--the Beltway at rush hour.....enough said

--the Capitol park policeman who watches the corner near my office building and LIVES to give people jaywalking tickets even when half of the street is blocked off to traffic anyway!
URGHGHWGHGIHSDHWS DH!!!! I HATE THE BELTWAY!!!! I hate when bastards get in the left lane and go like friggin 50 MPH. THE SPEED LIMIT IS 55, but you know good and well if you don't do at least 65-70, you're gonna get run over!!! I hate when they slam on brakes when they see a cop WHO ALREADY HAS SOMEONE PULLED OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting an extra 10-15 minutes cuz yall scared the cop is gonna run bak to his car and get 1763 people who are all going like 57 in the first place, I mean COME ON (I get violent behind the wheel, not road rageinsh, but I hate bastards who can't drive)

As for the escalator/moving walkway, the purpose is so you DON'T have to walk. That's why it moves for you. I hate when you get on the escalator to go down to the Metro (public transit train) and people damn near knock you over. I HATE going downtown on the metro.

I hate when people go to McDonalds, KNOW GOOD AND WELL WHAT'S ON THE MENU, IT HASN'T CHANGED SINCE BREAKFAST, and take all year to order.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

OH GEE WHERE DO I START?

* The fact that fat people are suing fats food chains because they're food made them fat. Or the loser who smoked for 50 years and sued cigarette companies because the ads MADE them smoke. The last time I checked people weren't knocking on your door and SHOVING Marlboros and Big Macs in your mouth. It's your fault for choking down quintuple bacon burgers and smoking 7 packs of death sticks a day. CMON PEOPLE, ACCOUNTABILITY!

*The fact that I'm sitting here ALONE, while some high school drop out loser who should be a freshman in college but is a junior in HS, straight Fs and ruined a soccer career for drugs, no direction, no ambition, has been dating for a year, a college sophmore (junior college but still college) who gets straight As, teaches gymnastics, is completely beautiful and is NOW A SAN DIEGO CHARGER CHEERLEADER! DO I have to drop out of college, spend all my money on a Honda Accord and start racing it? WTF kind of INJUSTICE is this? CMON PEOPLE! ACCOUNTABILITY! If you're a loser, JUST because you look like a model doesn't earn you the right to have the riches that hard working stiffs like myself so deserve!

*The fact that my friend is sitting there wondering if this girl he likes will in fact go out with him because she's still not over an Ex boyfriend who yelled at her, called her a B*TCH, and treated her like Sh*t (Gee, what a f*cking surprise: he's not in school either!) This girl will know my friend will treat her right and she's still hung over this bum.

*That I can't referee a U-19 boys soccer match without two players getting into a fight over some petty BS like whether it's a goal kick or corner kick.

*People who don't know that it's the LAW to pass a car on the LEFT lane.

*Family members and other Asian peers who keep telling me I'm "not Filipino enough" or I'm "whitewashed" because I don't race a honda or play dance dance revolution, because I was in band and not choir, because I was on the newspaper and not the yearbook, because I like soccer and not basketball.

I'll add more when I think of some more.