GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,372
1 members and 2,371 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-22-2003, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world-- not like I'm proud but I did write a 20 page paper the night before going to Acapulco for Spring Break and between power naps and packing in the morning, I finished it and ended up with an A, beating my friends who started theirs in advance.

I always need to have perfect ponytails when I'm going out somewhere... I could care less when I'm walking around the house, but if I'm going somewhere they need to be smooth and perfect on the top, on each sides, and in the back. This takes a very long time and everyone teases me about them, but they do say I have perfect ponytails... and yet everyone always tugs at my ponytail.

I tweeze my eyebrows a few times everyday. I get them waxed when I want a cleaner shape and if for some reason I didn't get around to tweezing them. It's just to keep them clean underneath-- I hate the little dots that start forming so I tweeze them before they grow.

I only do this with my parents and sister, but if we're in a store and I lose them, I just yell out "Mom!" or "Dad!" or my sister's name-- not really loud but louder than a speaking volume. It's not so much bad as just funny... because I'll just do it even though I don't see them in sight anywhere but just out of habit it comes out.

Quote:
Originally posted by bucutie02
I have a bad habit of saying "what?" even though i heard the person and answer them before they are finished asking me the question again

I used to do it, but I don't do it anymore, my mom's the worst though, she does it all the time... she'll say "WHAT?!" and no more than 5 seconds later she'll answer the question. I'm like why bother asking what then if you obviously heard me!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-22-2003, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I change the radio stations way too much... drives some people crazy.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I procrastinate
I am literally addicted to diet coke
I interrupt
I oversleep all the time
Old 08-22-2003, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I procrastinate and I pick scabs.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I stopped biting my nails!!!! Yeah! I know it sounds silly, but it's really a big deal to nail biters. I thought I had tried everything to make myself stop....and then my friend got me this stuff to put ontop of my nails. It's called No Bite by Orly. If you've tried other topical treatments and they didn't work, I highly recommend trying this stuff. Usually, I could adjust to the awful taste, but this crap pretty mush numbed your tongue and the taste lasted for a few minutes. It is mentioned in this month's Allure magazine.

If I can stop biting, you can too!
Old 11-04-2004, 04:00 AM
GreekChat Member

That's awesome! I can't stop biting my nails. This sounds odd.. I pull out random strands of hair, usually when I'm bored. My hair is SO thick though...
Old 11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by AXiD Sweetie
That's awesome! I can't stop biting my nails. This sounds odd.. I pull out random strands of hair, usually when I'm bored. My hair is SO thick though...
My friend pulled out her hair and gave herself a bald spot. It turned out that she had a form of OCD called trichotillomania. She went to the doctor when someone told her about this condition. The doctor gave her medicine and her problem went away and her hair grew back.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a habit of interrupting too, unfortunately. I'm working on that though.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Susan_Renee Send a message via Yahoo to Susan_Renee
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Procrastination . . that has to be my VERY worst self destructive habit.

Everything else so pales in comparison, I'll write about them later
i am so with you on that one james. i'm starting to believe that i'm the world's worst when it comes to procrastination.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I play with my hair too much. I'll twirl it around my finger. Brush my hands through it. The worst is:

I'm ALWAYS looking at my hair for split ends! I will sit there with little cuticle scissors and cut my split ends. Or when I'm bored, even for a second, I'll look at my hair tosee if I have a split end and pull it off. It's not just the ends that have split ends, but the hair shaft will be messed up and broken, so I have to cut that. I've done it since my junior year of high school. I would bring a pair of little scissors and cut my hair during class. My teachers always asked what the hell I was doing.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RioLambdaAlum Send a message via Yahoo to RioLambdaAlum
i crack my knuckles....actually i crack any joint that will crack when i am really bored.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Banned

Major thread bump

Major thread bump.

Do any of you know people with GROSS habits that they display in public?

This is barf worthy but I know 2 people who obsessively and MAJORLY pick their noses in public. One person will sit there during a meeting or event and pick his nose---and will stay in one nasal-spot when he's found a booger and pick it out---and then EAT the booger in front of everyone. Sometimes he will put the boogers on a coat or something.

I am not lying.

This reminds me of a former friend from college. He would visit me in my room and tell me about the newest guys he is dating. Then if we were looking at my laptop he would wipe snot off of his (not the guy he's dating's) nose and put the snot on my bed sheets. I guess he assumed I wouldn't notice. Gross.

I remember when I had a terrible cold and I was in the drive-thru at McDonald's getting a salad. I had a tissue and was in the rear view mirror attacking my nostrils with the tissue. It was crucial. LOL. I turned around and the woman who brought the salad to the window was staring at me like "okay, bitch, damn...your nose gets the point" She rolled her eyes and dropped the salad by the drive-thru window.

Okay...end rant...LOL

Last edited by DrPhil; 03-17-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Gross habits:

belching out loud. I always think no one can hear me. I really have to check it in public. I promise my mother raised me better than this. It's not like party boy loud, but small burps.

I don't think this is gross, but a little weird: I chew ice cubes. I've done it for years, and get really obsessed/crave it. The smell of a freezer, really cold air, or snow sometimes make my mouth water in the way your favorite food would. Mostly, I chew it by the tray, sometimes I buy it by the bag, and when I'm out I try to get a cup to go. I feel like I've talked about it before, but it's akin to folks who eat talc/powder/dirt.

It's terrible on my teeth and mouth. My dentist haaaaaaaaates me, outside of having no cavities or awful plaque.

On another note, I also enjoy burned food. Not charred to a crisp, but definitely dark. Mostly hot dogs and meats, but an occasional dark piece of toast or bottom of a bread or pastry too.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

When I was a kid, my cousin and I used to spend summers together and chew ice cubes all day and everyday. I stopped because I could feel the impact on my jaws and teeth.

I can't stand people who pop their chewing gum in public. Popping bubbles and smacking the gum is inappropriate when you are in a setting in which some people may not want to hear that. There's a woman who pops her gum with her mouth closed during church service. She probably thinks no one hears it since her mouth is closed. She needs to realize that if she can hear it, that probably means others can hear it.

Speaking of, I don't like hearing people chew food and especially hearing their teeth touch when they chew. I have a very close friend whose mouth is shaped such that her back teeth pop when she chews. It drives me absolutely crazy. *pop pop pop* Swallow, dammit.

Hearing people's yawns and seeing their open mouth annoys me. I'm a quiet yawner and I cover my mouth when I'm not at home. I can't stand people who need to shout their exhaustion in meetings and at events. Attention whoring.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Gross habits:

belching out loud. I always think no one can hear me. I really have to check it in public. I promise my mother raised me better than this. It's not like party boy loud, but small burps.

I don't think this is gross, but a little weird: I chew ice cubes. I've done it for years, and get really obsessed/crave it. The smell of a freezer, really cold air, or snow sometimes make my mouth water in the way your favorite food would.

On another note, I also enjoy burned food. Not charred to a crisp, but definitely dark. Mostly hot dogs and meats, but an occasional dark piece of toast or bottom of a bread or pastry too.
ok, you have officially reached the "Special" category. I lol'd at you fiending at the freezer.

I've chewed ice on occassion. Never knew it was bad for your teeth.

Foodwise, I try to avoid the end or "butt" pieces on loaves of bread...other than that I'll have to think about this and maybe post back.

but you gon be arright, tld221 ....
~ Luke 19:10