GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,427
3 members and 2,424 guests
AOIIalum, davidsholzeo679

Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

What's your (MBTI) type?

Because when you do one quiz posted on Facebook, you get sucked in. I'm an INFP. Which, among other things, makes for a really strong writer.

(Yes, I'm aware there are older threads on this. Welp!)
Old 02-25-2014, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

What site did you use to test yourself?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:40 PM

INTJ since I first took an MBTI in high school. Which means all I want you to do is stop talking and get to the point. And stop talking about your feelings. And for you to just let me do everything because there is no possible way you could be doing it right.

We're those type A people who have colored post its for everything, two planners, etc. who freak out when people want to make last minute plans. We're the rarest type I believe and while people might think we all "hate people," we don't. We just can only tolerate them in small groups.

I will say that there are some things I do that are not the most INTJ-like things. Ex: I'm Greek and one might think that being Greek wouldn't be my thing. I think it appealed to my sense of order and tradition. My Greek experience was pretty INTJ-like, though. I was not a President. I was much more comfortable doing committee-type things where I could lead but not be in the front.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 02-25-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

For 25+ years, I was an ENFP, but the E was close to the E/I line. Last time I took the test, I had crossed the line to INFP.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm an ISFJ; I've taken at least 2 official forms of the test and a few internet versions, and I've almost always gotten that result.

I saw that someone typed Neville Longbottom as ISFJ, and after thinking about his character, I see a lot of similarities between himself and me. We're both fiercely protective of our friends, kind to people, and love stability.

My dad describes some of my personality as "putting the hyphen in anal-retentive", and I think that's a fairly apt observation. I'm very concerned with every little detail. I spent 2 days hand-painting my org's crest because taping a picture wasn't enough for what I was making. I'm most comfortable leading in a lesser role, but if I am called upon to serve in an executive position, I carry out my duties to the best of my ability.

Even though I'm an introvert, I love being around big groups of people. I personally just can't handle more than a few people talking at the same time. My brain tries to process all of the conversations, which it can't do, and I just need to get air. I also prefer deep conversations to small talk, which made recruitment a bit of a mixed bag for me.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a good MB free test somewhere? I just took one, but had to pay for my results. No.

I have no idea what I am. I'm read descriptions, and I fall solidly in the middle on some things. At work, I'm one way, and at home on my time, I'm a different way.

As far as I can guess, I'm a:

E (with the need for I on a semi regular basis)
S (This is the only one I'm sure of)
T (But I can get very emotional over situations that shouldn't affect me in any way, so I could be an F)
P at home, J at work
Old 02-25-2014, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

ESFJ

So I googled what that meant. I'm a people's person (which is very true, one of the only people I feel like who don't mind others). One thing that stuck out is that I bring the best out of people which I totally agree with ( someone I became friends with back in high school wrote this heartfelt message to me about how I got him out of his shell and how he was super appreciative about it!)

Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txAOII_15 View Post
What site did you use to test yourself?
http://www.16personalities.com/ You may be able to find a shorter quiz, but this is what I used.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

ESFJ. That seems pretty on-target.

I spent most of the second half of 2013 on a cross-country job search. One of the recruiters had me do this hour-long personality test. The results were pretty accurate and a little surprising!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

For me, the INFP (the idealist): this description stuck out to me when Googling:

Quote:
INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.
If you know me off GC, the bold is all me. The two major career paths that stick out for me have been helping professions (education/social work) and writing. At work, I need my space, physically (because I'm a total mess) and professionally (I can't ever go back to a 9-5, and I couldn't be tied to my desk or work completely alone). Im super shy and reserved in relationships, spend way too much time daydreaming about romantic ideals, and totally value intimacy > sex (by a small margin!).

I'm really a dreamer (I wouldnt be surprised if Walter Mitty was an INFP). Apparently I'm supposed to be super sensitive and avoids conflict. Sensitive, hardly. Avoids conflict, absolutely.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

The fictional characters lists are hilarious. Harry Potter, Doug Funnie, among them. AA Milne (the creator of Winnie the Pooh) and one of the creators of MBTI has my type. So... yeah, that.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

ENTP last time I took it, which was a while ago. Except that I INSIST I'm an F, not a T. I have all kinds of thoughts and arguments and reasons why. Of course, the fact that I want to argue and reason about being an F just makes me that much more of a T. Sigh.

ETA: Although the link above says ESFJ. Really?

Last edited by GammaGirl1908; 02-26-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

ENTJ

Old 02-26-2014, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
For 25+ years, I was an ENFP, but the E was close to the E/I line. Last time I took the test, I had crossed the line to INFP.
This is why I declare my undying love for you every so-so. I also walk the ENFP/INFP line.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
This is why I declare my undying love for you every so-so. I also walk the ENFP/INFP line.
Dear Me,

Hi.

Love, Me.