GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,707
0 members and 1,707 guests
No Members online

Old 01-31-2002, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
Monica Bentley
Theta Iota, Western KY Univ., Bowling Green
collegian

i joined alpha gam b/c these girls were the most down to earth, non-fake, fun ppl i met all during rush. and i really clicked with one girl in particular who then became my wonderful sis mom, so it was all gravy. i just felt really at home, welcome, and wanted here. which is also why i am still here!
and my fave alpha gam memory...i dunno b/c there are so many...i lived in both of our houses, so i have a lot from there b/c something is ALWAYS going on...but rush is always a good memory b/c somehow i always get out of doing the real work...hahaha. i'm just the goofy one who lip-synch's to the radio and busts out celine dion cds...everyone is too busy either laughing or working to tell me to get to work, so ya know. ask sarah, she knows this (she was VPR last rush).

monica

My Facebook
Old 01-31-2002, 10:49 PM
UMgirl

BUUUUUMMMPPPPPPPP!!

Back to the top you go
Old 01-31-2002, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonya, you're so silly!
Old 02-01-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jessutagd Send a message via Yahoo to jessutagd
Sarah

Oh my goodness Kelly Berry is really awesome she is the best. We all miss her so much and heard all great things about chapters that she visited. Our chapter is going good we are working on an informal recruitment for next week, with our LC Colleen Kauffman she is the best too and Megan will be here as well. So we are hoping to have a great informal recruitment and were already planning for our fromal recruitment in the fall. Thanks for asking about our chapter, now I realize how much Alpha Gams care so much about their sisters.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Roll Call

My name is Erin Langabee.

Initiated:1999 (after being the longest new member ever- almost a year- grades problems- it was the year they inceased minimum to 2.2)

Chapter: Theta Sigma- Valdosta State University

I am now alum as of Fall 2001 because a got married in November. I love it!! I am Philanthropy chair.

Nina is one of my chapter sisters. And, she is in several of my classes. It is nice to have your sisters in your classes so you have someone to gossip to about the other sorority girls in our classes. FYI: this campus is SO EXTREMLY competitive. No one likes anyone else. It's sad.

Why I chose Alpha Gam: My brother is a Sigma Chi and told me not to go through rush my freshman year so that I could find out what they were all about. I met an Alpha Gam in one of my classes and we instantly hit it off. I knew I wanted to be a part of whatever she was. She invited me to go hang out with some of he sisters but I didn't realize it was a COB. I had a great time. They eventtulally gave me a bid. It took them a while because they were a new chapter and didn't understand how things worked. None the less, I made it in and eventually bacame VPCR, Campus Realtions, and Ritual (which was probably my favorite because I cherish it so much).

I have so many favorite moments it is hard to narrow it down. One of my favorites was probably at my wedding when my sisters sang to me. A lot showed up which let me know how much they cared. Maybe they just showed up for the open bar, hehe!!!

Anyways, sorry so long. I am glad I am getting to know my sisters in other parts of the world besides V-town!!!!!!!!!

LIEP,
Erin
Old 02-01-2002, 01:50 PM
UMgirl

Im not silly, Im psycho darn it. Muuuhahaha!

Ok enough of that. Back up it goes.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, Erin!!

Hope you can join us at Chat. See ya when you get to Atlanta!
Old 02-04-2002, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

roll call

Hi, I'm Lisa an alumnae from Alpha Beta (U of Michigan '93). Currently living in Birmingham, AL. Not on here too often so I'm sorry it's taken me awhile to join the roll call!

Maybe not my favorite memory, but the first one I can think of... A bunch of us started this "quote board" and everytime someone would say something dumb, or something that if taken out of context would sound bad, we'd write it up on a post-it note and stick it on the board. A lot of fun to look back on. Just thought of another quick one...A bunch of us also got together senior year and made a "time capsule" and hid it in the house.
Old 02-05-2002, 03:29 PM
UMgirl

LOL
Lisa, it looks like the house is keeping up the infampus quotes tradition. If you look at my pledge class AIM list and look at all the different sn profiles, you'll see nothing but dumb and funny quotes that many of us have said

By the way, where is that time capsule?????
Old 02-06-2002, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamGoddess
Name: Christy
Initiated in the Fall of 1998
Chapter: Zeta Alpha, Eastern Michigan University
Why I joined AGD: One of my close friends from HS was in the chapter and initially got me to go through recruitment, she of course wouldn't tell me to go Alpha Gam but I knew she really wanted me to. I found it to be home though, just like she did. The women were all really down to earth, not fake, like many of the other groups...I felt like I could be myself and didn't have to conform to anyone elses standards. I can't imagine myself anywhere else! I'm alum now though sniff sniff
Old 02-06-2002, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! A Diva and now a Goddess!!! Welcome!!

Loyally,
Lynn
Gamma Tau Alumna
Old 02-07-2002, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

1) Lauren
2) Western Kentucky Universtiy ~ Theta Iota Chapter
3) Collegian ~ Freshman
4) I came to school down here to Kentucy without knowing a single person here and I got an invitation to informal rush with AGD and after the first night I knew that these were the girls that i wanted to be with, they were all so sweet and so funny, and not stereotypical sorority girls i just love all of them!!!
Fav. Moment would have to be........there are just so many.........probally when we won the mud volleyball tournement! we were covered from head to toe in this gross shit-brown mud but it was the most fun i had in a looooonnnngggggg time! it was great

Facebook
Old 02-11-2002, 04:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Kim Urbonas (sorry i haven't been around, school's been super busy and training for next years office...VP Recruitment)

University of Manitoba, Beta Gamma, Undergrad

I joined because from the first time I met the girls I felt this instant connection with them, I thought they stood for so many wonderful ideals and I just had to be a part of that great sisterhood.

My favorite memory: I was being rushed and was at a COB event. I was supposed to be meeting some friends from high school for drinks and was late. i said i was going to walk as it was about three blocks away. Allison (later my sister-mother) said she could drive me but i didn't want to pull her away. I argued saying that it was ok when she informed me that they "don't let their sisters walk alone at night". Needless to say I was elated that she called me her sister.

Also, loved winning greek week for the third year in a row.!!
Old 02-11-2002, 04:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Hey!

My name's Holly and I'm from Eastern Michigan University--Zeta Alpha chapter. I'm so proud to be an AGD!

I joined AGD because I absolutely fell in love with all the girls when I went to my first COB. I knew right then that I wanted them to be my sisters.

As for my favorite memory...that's a hard one. As of right now, I think my favorite memory was a random girls night after meeting where we didn't think anything big was going to happen, we were just going to rent some movies in our jammies, and it just turned into this crazy night that became one huge inside joke. It was absolutely insane
Old 02-11-2002, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
Cool

Fun! Now we have 2 Monica's on here!! Welcome, Fair Twin Rose!!!

monica

My Facebook