GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,177
2 members and 1,175 guests
aangelasuasd942, naraht

Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Doing my job...Doing my job...

So, I got a new side gig as the Promotional Director of WorldofRennies.com, which is awesome because I can do it all online, and so far am loving working for them. We're supposed to be rolling out a new website design soon, and I would love input.

My first suggestion (besides correcting the grammar mistakes and deleting the out-of-date info) was to tone down the busy-ness. Instead of having two columns of "stuff" and a blog down the middle, limit it to necessary stuff down just the right side and leave some blank area.

His dream is to make this into a sort of "online Renaissance Faire" as well as a resource guide. Being that Renaissance seems to be a growing trend right now - all of a sudden I've seen the number of faires multiply as well as some Renaissance themed TV shows: Knights of Mayhem, The Tudors, Full Metal Jousting, Merlin, plus the influx of fairy tale themed shows that play into Renaissance - I think he could have something going for him.

So, anyway, take a look - www.WorldofRennies.com - and let me know what you think, GC.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I concur with your suggestions

I alos think that the style needs to be consistent over the whole website, and maybe something nicer than Times New Roman. Headings in ye olde style?

It looks very busy, and the front page looks quite desperate for advertising, which then comes across like Ren faires are where the unpopular dudes hang out and they need to pay people to be their friends.