GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,313
1 members and 2,312 guests
MSKKG

Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb New book project - for those who haven't yet signed up with Sister Circle

Between MTV and Alexandra Robbins and now ABC Family's Greek, there is a lot of media out there to fuel the Animal House stereotypes of Greek life. I would like to counteract that with a sort of Chicken Soup-esque book about real sorority life.

I am looking for stories about what being a sister is all about. Happy or sad, funny, inspirational, uplifting, anything goes.

To a point. I am going to apply a few guidelines just to help organize things a little.

**2000-3500 words. This will make your story about 4-6 pages in a 6x9 standard novel.

**Steer clear of stories that might be considered stereotypical - drinking, partying, hazing. We're trying to go a different route with this book.

I'm going to post this elsewhere on here as well and see what kinds of responses I get from other GLO's.

Also, I would like to donate all of the proceeds from the book to a women's charity. If all of the stories are ASA stories we could donate all of the money to the S. June Smith Center. If we get stories from other organizations we could donate to Susan G. Komen or Take Back the Night (we could anyway).

If you have a story you would like to submit, go ahead and send it to contact@spoonbenderpress.net (be sure to include your name and chapter) but I'm not sure when this will happen. Right now I'm just gathering opinions and suggestions.

eiresfire.deviantart.com
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2007, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, illustrations are welcomed. Small-ish, keeping in mind that it should be between 4.5 and 5 inches wide to accommodate margins in a 6x9 book. Photos in jpg, anything else in png or pdf. And to try to keep the retail cost down, all illustrations will be in black and white so don't send a vibrant, jewel-toned painting because it won't print correctly.

eiresfire.deviantart.com