GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,232
2 members and 2,230 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-17-2004, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question We need ideas for our big sis reveal

We are about to reveal big/lil sisters, does anyone have any cool ideas on how to do it that either you've done before or heard about?

Help us...

Beta Eta Chapter
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-17-2004, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
During I-Week, we've always done an event called "Flower Toss" where we head to the beach and read inspirational quotes about sisterhood. Each girl has a flower and tosses it into the ocean when we're finished. You can make a wish, or anything you want. In the past few years, we've incorporated it into Revealing where after we're done, each big sister has a flower and talks about how it represents her little sister, and then places it into a vase in the middle of the circle and announces who her little sister is. At the end, the vase holds a beautiful bouquet, vibrant and unique, just like our new members.

I realize not everyone lives 3 miles from the ocean, but I think it would work at a lake or river too. One year it was raining at the beach so we tossed them off a bridge into the creek, and then did the revealing at the house with the vase in the middle of the living room.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 10-19-2004, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey...we just did our big/little revealing and what we did was have all of the initiated members stand in a circle in a dark room around candles. Each new member, one by one, would come out holding a candle and walk slowly around the inside of the circle. The girl who is her big sis blows out the candle. It was really fun!!
Old 10-26-2004, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
For my big sis/lil sis revealing, the sisters all stand in a room lit only by candles. The little is lead in, with her eyes closed, and faces the front of the room, so her back is to all the sisters. She's handed a piece of paper that has part of a quote about sisterhood. Her big sis is standing behind her, and she reads the completion of the quote. Then the little turns around and meets her big, in front of the whole sorority!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MissOh2Cute Send a message via Yahoo to MissOh2Cute
Our Big/Lil ceremony this year was quite similar to some of yall's....All of the sisters stood in a circle with Lit Candles and the New Members were walked in and spaced out amongst the sisters and their candles were unlit. When it was each new members turn, they would walk to the center of the circle and the big would come up behind them and read a short poem/quote about sisterhood. When the New Member would turn around, it would be her Big! Since we wanted it to be surprising, we would have other sisters read the quote or poem sometimes, because we knew the littles would recognize the voice immediately. Some even had 2 or 3 sisters reading a line from the poem. We kept switching it up so the New Members wouldn't have a clue! When they had been revealed, the Big would light the Lil's candle and take her back into the circle.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
This might not be legal, but we have a fun scavenger hunt at the mall. You get a clue, go to the store, find the sister there and get another clue. It usually ends at Build a Bear where your big and you build a bear. My big tricked me and told me she wasn't my big (I feel for it for a second) it was really fun.

Also string hunts are popular. Every girl gets a string that is strung all over the house and leads to her big sister. Hard to do with a big pledge class, but if you have someone that has to miss an event its fun to do
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

We just had our Big/Lil last night. All the members stand around in a circle in a dark room holding candles. All the new members come into the room and stand back to back with another nm. A few of the members read some quotes about sisterhood and then they had the new members close their eyes. Once our eyes were closed our Bigs came and pinned us with our silver/bordeaux ribbons then stood back and they told us to open our eyes. It was awesome. I got the girl that I really wanted as my Big, so I was ecstatic.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

my chapter just did the string thing. We could only stay in our chapter room but it was still awesome and all of the girls loved it! It was a big hit!