GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,269
3 members and 2,266 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 07-07-2000, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to molasses79
Post Pre-Pledging

Hello, i need to understand pre-pledging? First of all, please correct me if I'm wrong isn't pledging banned? Also, a couple people I know go through a pre-pledging process to learn all the organization information,to get in good with the frats and the soror's? I'm not really sure but is it okay to do that? Or would you recommend it? My friend was pre-pledging for a year and he was suppose to go online, but some how their line got suspended off campus. Is their other ways to learn information beside "kissing up," and "Pre-pledging- Respectfully.

Thank You
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-07-2000, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, pledging in the NPHC orgs was banned in 1990. Pre-pledging is considered hazing and is not supposed to be done. In other words, it's not OK to pre-pledge. If one is caught pre-pledging, the pre-pledgees can (and in most cases will) be BARRED from seeking membership in that organization FOR LIFE. Also, the members doing the pre-pledgeing face suspension and monetary sanctions themselves. I would not recommend it. It's a very selfish act.

Yes, there are ways to get information about the org other than pre-pledging. As many of us have said in other posts, there is a wealth of information on the internet. People seeking membership now are spoiled in that respect. As for kissing-up, don't. Your service, grades and personality should speak for themselves, but DO take the time to get to know the members. Be true to yourself and put your best foot forward.

------------------
Kelli
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
12-Delta Nu-94
MAL, Southern Region
Savannah State University c/o 1997