GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,655
0 members and 2,655 guests
No Members online

Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Photos for Recruitment

My daughter and are in the process of putting together recruitment packets and I have a question regarding photos to be submitted with the recruitment resume. I know that at least 2 photos are needed - a head shot and a full body shot - and I was wanting input about having one of those (or even in addition to those) printed on the recruitment resume itself. Thoughts?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-30-2013, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug84 View Post
My daughter and are in the process of putting together recruitment packets and I have a question regarding photos to be submitted with the recruitment resume. I know that at least 2 photos are needed - a head shot and a full body shot - and I was wanting input about having one of those (or even in addition to those) printed on the recruitment resume itself. Thoughts?
I would put them in separately. You don't want them to have to cut the picture off the resume if they are putting them with other pictures somehow.
That said - if in addition you wanted to imbed a copy in her resume - that wouldn't hurt
Old 03-30-2013, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

^I agree -- just paperclip these to the resume.

And don't forget to write name and high school/hometown (and state if OOS) on the back of each photo!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

My two cents: please don't print out the pictures onto paper. Yes, it's lighter and less expensive, but the klutzier alumnae *blush* almost always manage to damage them somehow!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
And don't forget to write name and high school/hometown (and state if OOS) on the back of each photo!
Every year at our tea, I tell girls to do this and every year, a few don't. And I have to do it. And I don't like doing it! If I dropped a stack of those things, and the pictures weren't labeled, I wouldn't know who the girl is!

Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

And as a friendly reminder, this isn't her tryout to be the next Vogue model. A nice straight on head shot and full body shot of just her, dressed in normal clothes is what they want. The goal is to match the rushee to the picture so something too sexy, with very different hair or makeup or too anything else that will detract from people being able to match the photo with their memory is going to be counter-productive. It's not a contest for who can have the best picture. If anything it's a contest for who can look the most like their photo in real life.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

This is exactly what I want to hear - do it or don't - so I won't! Her senior pictures are gorgeous, so we're going to use the multitude of wallet-size ones that we ordered (with name, high school, hometown, and state on the back). Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't write on the back of the pic with a pen - print out labels so you don't have lines on your pic from where you pressed down to write.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll definitely do that. Printing and sticking will be a whole lot easier on the hands, too!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladybug84,
My daughter did imbed a small color picture in the top right hand corner of her resume. We also included 2 pictures, a head shot and a full body shot, which had printed lables with her info on them. We actually mounted those pictures on black card stock for a more polished look.
We are from Texas, where everything is over the top. Her folders even had custom made lables on them and her thank you cards were custom made to match the lables.

Im not saying this is acceptable everywhere..in fact, Im sure in some parts of the country, this would be laughable. Here is Texas it was acceptable and ours were even a little "under-done" according to one rec writer we gave her folder to.

I really dont think it helped or hurt her, but it was fun putting them together.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't see the harm in having a photo on the resumé IN.ADDITION TO the required ones. I'm seeing more photos on professional resumés in more image-conscious industries.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Just say no to props! There are so many pictures that include a musical instrument, a rose, or some other cutesy prop, and individually, doesn't look that bad. However, upon sending in a rec with a picture of the PNM and her puppy becomes "Puppy Girl". Don't do that to your PNM!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

No pictures with another person; i.e., a prom photo. Especially with another girl, even a younger sister! ("Which one is the PNM?" "Why'd she date HIM?")

Just paperclip is a good idea. I work with our alumnae panhellenic, and by the time I assemble our panhellenic packets, distribute them to the various sororities, pull them apart and attach it to our own sorority's sponsor form, the poor photos have been staped and re-stapled at least twice...sometimes four times.
Come to think of it, a photo with a border might be a good idea.

You want a photo that's close-up enough to easily see facial features, but not so close that when they're stapled and then scanned and cropped for a slide show, part of the nose or eyebrow has been cut off.

I do like the idea of a small photo on the resume, in addition to a couple of 4 x 6s or 5 x 7s.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

All suggestions are noted. One more question....she's going to Alabama, so how many recs per sorority does she need? How many is too many?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Two per should do it. But don't turn down anybody who offers to write one! Keep extra packets so you can hand them one.