GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,175
0 members and 2,175 guests
No Members online

Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudey View Post
Cut me a break. It was a circuit board. Open up any computer, your walkman, your tv...anything and there's a circuitboard inside. That's not a bomb. It looks nothing like a bomb. In fact, why don't you list the number of instances where someone wore an object that looked nothing like a bomb on a shirt and walked around an airport? Oh wait, that's never/rarely happened and hence lends nothing to precedence?

She should have been shot for that? That's the appropriate thing to do? Why not also shoot every person that's not carrying a bible and a Republican membership card in their hand?

Are you people that stupid? Wow.

-Rudey
No Rudey,

Maybe you are.....read the above posts again...no one said that she SHOULD BE shot....what we DID say was she was LUCKY in that circumstance that she WASN'T shot. Then it was REFERENCED about the LAST TIME post 911 someone who said he DID HAVE a bomb who WAS SHOT.

If the passages above aren't clear, you are welcome to read my signature to yourself 100 times.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
No Rudey,

Maybe you are.....read the above posts again...no one said that she SHOULD BE shot....what we DID say was she was LUCKY in that circumstance that she WASN'T shot. Then it was REFERENCED about the LAST TIME post 911 someone who said he DID HAVE a bomb who WAS SHOT.

If the passages above aren't clear, you are welcome to read my signature to yourself 100 times.
Since you cannot read, SHE DID NOT HAVE A BOMB. IN FACT IT DIDNT REALLY RESEMBLE A BOMB.

Also, you uneducated boob, that's what YOU said. It's not a collective "We". One person said they would not be sorry if she was shot.

Now shutup.

-Rudey
--Thanks for playing.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Since you cannot read, SHE DID NOT HAVE A BOMB. IN FACT IT DIDNT REALLY RESEMBLE A BOMB.

Also, you uneducated boob, that's what YOU said. It's not a collective "We". One person said they would not be sorry if she was shot.

Now shutup.

-Rudey
--Thanks for playing.
I wouldn't feel sorry for you if you were shot right now either...one less dunce in the world.

I tell you what....do us all a favor...since you are hell bent to prove us wrong...why do you go to the nearest airport and attempt the exact same stunt that she did....when done....please come back here and post your observations.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Cut me a break. It was a circuit board.

Are you people that stupid? Wow.

-Rudey
I guess it looked enough like a bomb to get the security people upset.

They may be stupid, too, but they're the ones who count in this case.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum View Post

it's only as stupid to do nothing and let her on a plane and the plane blows up and the FAA has to put together a report as to why nothing was done and how did she manage to slip by security and how could this have ahppened after 9/11........that's all.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
it's only as stupid to do nothing and let her on a plane and the plane blows up and the FAA has to put together a report as to why nothing was done and how did she manage to slip by security and how could this have ahppened after 9/11........that's all.
The above is barely english. I'm responding only to what it is I *think* you mean. There's no possible way to truly divine what you were attempting to communicate in the above, so here's my best effort: (Drole? We could really use your translation services here)

How is a circuit board going to blow up a plane? What would the FAA report say? "We briefly detained a young woman with a circuit board strapped to her body, further investigation revealed it was her odd idea of a fashion statement."
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
The above is barely english. I'm responding only to what it is I *think* you mean. There's no possible way to truly divine what you were attempting to communicate in the above, so here's my best effort: (Drole? We could really use your translation services here)

How is a circuit board going to blow up a plane? What would the FAA report say? "We briefly detained a young woman with a circuit board strapped to her body, further investigation revealed it was her odd idea of a fashion statement."
English even you can understand Kevin

You are about as dense as Rudey is if you don't get what happened.

How dare you even think you are above all if you think you are so intelligent that you can call yourself 'correcting' me.

Still smarting from the verbal tonguelashing of last week is the reason why you still persist in trying to engage me....

DO one of three things if you think you are up to talking to me

Step up, step forward, or step off
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

How dare you even think you are above all if you think you are so intelligent that you can call yourself 'correcting' me.

Still smarting from the verbal tonguelashing of last week is the reason why you still persist in trying to engage me....

Let's recount what happened here:
1) She did not have a bomb or anything that resembled a bomb. It was electronics. Nothing resembled anything that might explode. So why not shoot anyone with an ipod? Oh wait they don't do that.

2) People have said they don't feel sorry for her being shot. You then say that you'd be OK with me being shot.

Essentially the cops were wrong, had no excuse to be wrong and didn't apologize.

You were wrong in your assumptions and then exposed the fact that you are a violent sub-human.

-Rudey
Old 09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum View Post

Basically if they almost shoot you because you have a laptop with you, it's OK because they're the ones who count.

-Rudey
Old 09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Ladies and gentlemen...it's the Black version of Earp....
Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Ladies and gentlemen...it's the Black version of Earp....
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
sigh
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Per Request: META STYLE

Quote:
WORST CASE SCENARIO FORMATTED AS RUN-ON SENTENCE WITH REMIND OF MAJOR TERRORIST EVENT THAT NO ONE ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT FOLLOWED BY A STATEMENT OF FINALITY.
Quote:
INSINUATION OF OTHER POSTER'S STUPIDITY TO COVER UP POORLY PHRASED PREVIOUS POST. IMPLICATION THAT PREVIOUS POST WAS DUMBED DOWN FOR OTHER POSTER.

Quote:
DIRECT SLAM ON POSTER'S STUPIDITY REFERENCING UNIVERSALLY KNOWN THIRD POSTER.
Quote:
INDIGNENT INSINUATION THAT NO MATTER HOW STUPID OTHER POSTER IS, CURRENT POSTER IS SMARTER.
Quote:
REMINDER OF PREVIOUS ARGUMENT DURING WHICH CURRENT POSTER VERBALLY PWNED OTHER POSTER. VERACITY OF THIS STATEMENT NOT VERIFIED
Quote:
UNENFORCEABLE DEMAND IS FORTHCOMING
Quote:
CLICHED CHALLENGE NOT JUST TO POSTING BUT (IMPLIED) TO OTHER POSTER'S MANHOOD.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Where Angels Fear to Tread . . .

I would suspect that the airport security may simply have not known exactly what it was - and of course were going to err on the side of caution.
And the next question - if they knew what it was, wouldn't they wonder WHY someone was walking through an airport with a circuit board? Goodness knows there is plenty of publicity when airport security fails to catch a "fake" bomb plant. I can see why the woman in question would be detained, and why she should be offered no apology.
Airport security has no sense of humor, FYI.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Drolefille, they don't pay you enough.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Drolefille, they don't pay you enough.
Donations accepted