GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,612
0 members and 1,612 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2018, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Source?
you can google it it's all over the place, and I recall seeing that info here a while ago.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-05-2018, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
Omari Hardwick (Ghost from Power) is an Alpha.

He's so pretty. I haven't been able to catch up on the season 5 yet.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
He's so pretty. I haven't been able to catch up on the season 5 yet.
I don't have Starz, so I usually just buy the Blu-Rays after they come out, but I am even behind on those.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
you can google it it's all over the place, and I recall seeing that info here a while ago.
Yes, I remember seeing it somewhere before that she was a ZTA at Michigan State.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

This is absolutely true. We talked about this in another thread the year she joined. My sister and cousin are alumnae of the MSU Zeta chapter, and my sister was chapter advisor for 3 years.

I was told that she went though recruitment using a pseudonym to keep her father's fame from influencing her recruitment. IDK if that part is true or not.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Maria Shriver's son Christopher is in a Fraternity at the University of Michigan but she didn't say on the radio which one. She talked about him bringing home fraternity brothers to the family home in California for spring break. And she visits him regularly there. He started the year after Madonna's daughter and Mario Batali's son did (same year Eminem's daughter started at MSU). I was hoping Madonna or Mario would be at parent's orientation that year, but they weren't in my session. LOL

Eminem's daughter being a ZTA was in the news at the some point, I think, but it's common knowledge in Michigan.

Having to fix this because I was thinking Patrick and it's Christopher.

Patrick is a Lambda Chi Alpha from USC (that famous kid school apparently). Can't find Christopher's affiliation but was sure Maria was talking about it on a radio show. I'll keep hunting.

Last edited by AGDee; 08-08-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Ava Sambora, daughter of Richie Sambora and Heather Locklear, is an Alpha Phi from Loyola Marymount University. (She has all sorts of pictures with her sisters on Instagram)
Old 08-12-2018, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Paige Drummond, daughter of Food Network host, “Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond is going to school at University of Arkansas.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tear...210511533.html
Ree just dropped her off so Paige is most likely going through Recruitment (as it starts 8/11).
Will have to see if she goes to one of her legacy houses — mom/Pi Phi or older sister/DDD.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Cole Swindell was on the Today Show this morning and a Sig undergrad asked if Cole would sign his Sigma Chi flag. Hoda Kota (DDD) was surprised and said “I knew there was a connection between us. I was a Sigma Chi Lil Sis.” Then they had a little hug.

Earlier this week on the Today Show, a woman was holding a sign with Hoda’s name but it was spelled with three Delta’s in the middle. Cute.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Paige Drummond, daughter of Food Network host, “Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond is going to school at University of Arkansas.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tear...210511533.html
Ree just dropped her off so Paige is most likely going through Recruitment (as it starts 8/11).
Will have to see if she goes to one of her legacy houses — mom/Pi Phi or older sister/DDD.
I am also curious about this! My daughter is really hoping she goes Pi Phi. Ree posted pictures of her other daughter's Bid Day (she was there), so I'm hoping she does the same. I also love how the older daughter Alex has worn a variety of Tri Delta t-shirts during episodes in which she has appeared the past couple years.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Ree Drummond posted on her instagram story that Paige has joined Kappa. Congrats to her family and Kappa!
Old 08-26-2018, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Per TX State Senator Wendy Davis on Twitter, her daughter is a DG (now graduate) from Duke, and Wendy gave the DG Lecture on Leadership and Ethics there this weekend. (Wendy Davis recently ran for governor of Texas and is a rising political star.)

Speaking of governors, Ohio’s governor John Kasich said a couple of weeks ago on TV that he was taking his daughters to college. He has twin daughters, Emma and Reese. From Instagram, Reese goes to Columbia College (no NPCs), but it looks like Emma is a new Tri Delta at Clemson.

Last edited by ChioLu; 08-26-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhelrose View Post
Ree Drummond posted on her instagram story that Paige has joined Kappa. Congrats to her family and Kappa!
Yesterday's episode was a tribute to Ree's mother-in-law Nan Drummond, who passed away in May. She was a Kappa Alpha Theta, initiated at Oklahoma State. So, Paige is a legacy to Theta, Pi Phi, and Tri Delta and added another NPC branch to the family tree.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Christine Blasey Ford is a Kappa Delta from UNC, but I can't link to the NY Times article that mentions it, because I've used up my 10 free articles this month.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

SCOTUS nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a DKE from Yale.