GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,589
1 members and 2,588 guests
Tridentia

Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
As far as the "top/bottom" tier discussions go, I'm pretty sick of reading about them. I guess some people didn't initially get what I was trying to convey. It doesn't matter if a sorority is "top" or "bottom" on campus-they all have something INCREDIBLE to offer.
That's why I thought you were being sarcastic, bc you're usually like "Oh, every sorority is awesome!!" lol

True to Gold and Double Blue, our Alpha Xi
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDMeesh View Post
That's why I thought you were being sarcastic, bc you're usually like "Oh, every sorority is awesome!!" lol
Oh, hahaha. Yes, I do believe every sorority is awesome. Penn State's Dance Marathon is going on (I think this weekend) soon and it was started by none other than the Greeks at PSU. It is the LARGEST Student-Run philanthropy in the WORLD. You know who helped raise over 7.49 million dollars in just ONE year-last year? I'll tell you who! GREEKS!

All of the Greeks on this board, especially if they have a chapter at Penn State should take pride in knowing that whether or not they are "bottom-tier" or "top-tier" at Penn State, their brothers and sisters are doing incredible things for children with cancer. That is the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be a Phi Mu and proud to be a Greek.

Disclaimer: I guess I should have let everyone know I was joking about the "fatty" remark. I would not go around making fun of people based on how they look. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea about me. In fact, I believe that no matter what size you are or how attractive/ unattractive you may be, you can still be a great asset to a GLO if you are willing to be a great member!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Sorry...That was me being stupid. Disregard.

As far as the "top/bottom" tier discussions go, I'm pretty sick of reading about them. I guess some people didn't initially get what I was trying to convey. It doesn't matter if a sorority is "top" or "bottom" on campus-they all have something INCREDIBLE to offer.

I've watched girls who would be lucky to get an invite back from ANYONE (because they lack certain social graces, they don't have that glowing resume or decent enough GPA, etc.) act like complete snobs to women in various sororities because these girls thought they were "too good" for the sisters. It infuriates me.

The OP, who clearly has self-esteem issues, has the audacity to go on an internet site asking how she can make sure to get into a "top-tier" chapter when chances are (if her low self-esteem shines through during recruitment) she'll be lucky to get a bid from a "lower-tier" sorority.

Personally, I don't believe in "tiers" and I want that to be known. I've said it before. I will say it again. ALL of the NPC sororities have something incredible to offer. Stop worrying about who is #1.
THANK YOU!
By the way, I don't think you were out of line at all. She deserved it. It seems that as of late, we have had an influx of (shall we say?) interesting PNMs...
She got her second opinion on here (after going to yahoo). I betcha she wishes she didn't do that
Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ hahaha!

Oh and IBTL
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
^^^ hahaha!

Oh and IBTL
What does IBTL mean?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
NICE WORK!

LOL Now the real question is, who is "Splendid Irony" that referred them to GC?
Seriously - and why on earth did the OP use her IRL name?

jcubb713, I really try hard not to be the joy killer here, but you pretty much ruined your own chances. Ironically, more because of the Yahoo! question than here, but the super sleuths here did give a larger audience to it.

I wish you luck, but would advise you to maximize your options to the fullest.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What does IBTL mean?
In before the lock.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
In before the lock.
Oh, thanks.

Why is everyone afraid this thread may be locked? She asked a question. People are answering it.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

lol. I like how her yahoo question got deleted and she edited her post, but I'm glad it got QFP.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
lmao classic
Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise_DPhiE View Post
I disagree anf think you are being harsh. Sounds like an inexperienced freshman transfer (weren't we all inexperienced at one point?) who wants to fit in. The group she wants may not even be top tier but she thinks they are wonderful. I also didn't think this girl was one of the slugs we've seen - she may be legit. I think the yahoo answers people are far more entertaining!

Sounds like you wouldn't let her into your Junior League chapter either - well, she can join my top tier Junior League chapter then.
This made NO sense. We are talking about GLOs and not Junior Leagues. I guess I was unaware that the Junior League chapters were ranked in tiers, as well. For you to make that comment makes me wonder what that means you are saying about the chapter of your GLO in comparison to your Junior League chapter. I love my Junior League chapter, as well as, my collegiate and alumnae chapters of my GLO. What an odd comment to make.

FWIW, I wouldn't trash talk your GLO, either. Because my cousin is a member of your organization, I wouldn't say anything hateful about it. Keep that in mind.

As far as this girl wanting to be in a "top tier" chapter, you said that the group she wants may not even be top tier. Ummmm...Did you READ the TITLE of the thread? If you did, I'm sure you'd see why I said what I said.