GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,545
1 members and 1,544 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Fall 2013)

Premieres tonight!

In case you haven't checked out the cast, here they are:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast

For those of you with antiquated DVRs, this is a 90 minute episode, so be sure to set the timer accordingly!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I'm excited for tonight.

Finale of Big Brother & premiere of Survivor. Appointment TV for me!!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I really dislike Colton, and because of him I'm finding it difficult to root for the former Survivor tribe (Galang, I think). I'll be disappointed if the Next Week On Survivor teaser is leading me on. Please be gone, Colton. Please be gone!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been enjoying it. Me and about 8 friends choose a show to watch socially and it's normally Big Brother then we break for the year. But we adopted Blood vs Water because we were so disappointed with Big Brother.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
I've been enjoying it. Me and about 8 friends choose a show to watch socially and it's normally Big Brother then we break for the year. But we adopted Blood vs Water because we were so disappointed with Big Brother.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying the show, too. I just can't stand Colton. His fiance seems to have a good head on his shoulders - what in the world does he see in Colton?!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Colton is trifling.

trifling

someone who is one or all of the following : dishonest, shady, secretive, a player, 'all talk' without following thru, not worthy of trust....in general, a lack of ethics or general morale i.e., worthless

source: Urban Dictionary
Old 09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't stand Colton either, but I have to say I really like the twist of having a loved one on the other tribe, being able to swap with them on Redemption Island and the additional strategizing involved because of this element. It has changed up how they all look at the game, who they send to Redemption Island, etc. It could make things interesting if two loved ones are at RI together and have to compete against a third person. They may find a way to cooperate to ensure they both stay. It gives you so much more to think about!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I was hoping to see a more mature Colton this season, but sadly I think Tyson is right—when the pressure hits, the real Colton comes out, and the real Colton hasn't changed. (Or was it Arras who said that? And yes, I know that's not how his name is spelled, but GC won't let me spell it the right way.) He is a mess, but I still enjoy watching him.

I wasn't sorry to see Rupert leave. I never loved him the way some people do.

Overall, I'm liking the season. At least there are no Hantzes.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Surprised to see this thread crickets past 40 days.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I know, because I think it's been a really good season. Much better than I expected.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm loving this season.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm really enjoying this season, too. Last night's episode was great! *Spoiler-fonted in case anyone reads the thread without having watched last night's episode first... [I like **** but I'm glad he was the one voted out. I think I'm pulling for the Single Alliance at this point.]*

I wonder if I'm more inclined to post about the show when a person/tribe does something truly stupid, so since this season seems to be progressing rather smartly, I don't have a lot to say about it.

ETA: For some reason, the powers that be changed the spoiler-fonted name to all ***s. I guess someone programmed that in as a non-desirable word? Interesting...

Last edited by SydneyK; 11-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
I'm really enjoying this season, too. Last night's episode was great! *Spoiler-fonted in case anyone reads the thread without having watched last night's episode first...

I wonder if I'm more inclined to post about the show when a person/tribe does something truly stupid, so since this season seems to be progressing rather smartly, I don't have a lot to say about it.

ETA: For some reason, the powers that be changed the spoiler-fonted name to all ***s. I guess someone programmed that in as a non-desirable word? Interesting...
But they kept RI so there's no need to worry.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
But they kept RI so there's no need to worry.
Oh, I'm not worried. Although, I'm not ready to see him back in the game, so I would have preferred to see him leave the game altogether.

I was, however, admittedly caught off guard when Jeff told him he could still get back in the game. When the RI challenge started, I thought Jeff had said it was the final RI challenge. I guess he may have said it was their final RI challenge, but I had interpreted him to mean that RI would no longer part of the game.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Oh, I'm not worried. Although, I'm not ready to see him back in the game, so I would have preferred to see him leave the game altogether.

I was, however, admittedly caught off guard when Jeff told him he could still get back in the game. When the RI challenge started, I thought Jeff had said it was the final RI challenge. I guess he may have said it was their final RI challenge, but I had interpreted him to mean that RI would no longer part of the game.
I too thought there would be no RI. Personally, I would like to see RI fade into the night. Once they are voted off, let them go. Constantly leaving the door open for a player to return leaves me with the feeling that there are behind the scenes manipulations by the production team.

DaffyKD