GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,201
1 members and 1,200 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 07-28-2017, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Select A Sis! I am the recruitment advisor to a chapter of about 145 women. There are 6 NPC chapters on campus. We used Select A Sis for the first time last fall for a small informal recruitment. This helped the women get familiar with the system. It was amazing how much it sped up the process! No more counting scores or tabulating by hand, then entering it into a separate spreadsheet, using that to make lists in ICS, etc. SAS is completely in line with our voting and tabulating, as they contract with IHQ to set it up. The only problem we had during formal recruitment was that for some reason, SAS was not uploading the spreadsheet of PNMs we generated from ICS. But we were pretty quickly able to hand enter them in about 30 to 40 minutes with the recruitment chair and I each on our computers. We were then able to focus with the chapter on voting. The extra time we saved meant that the women could get home and get some much needed sleep to prepare for the next round of recruitment.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

DG uses a different program, but the same concept (Bidlilly). Anyway, I do worry about the notes section and someone finding those comments more than any sort of "scores". I'm probably paranoid because, in one of my years of advising, a campus newspaper did get a hold of one of the sororities notes

Needless to say, all chapters I have worked since then have shredded EVERYTHING.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

YOU GUYS. This thread feels like we did a cannonball into MS territory!

(I love it, carry on.)
Old 07-29-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
-- No, Select-A-Sis is not like Tinder for sororities. You don't swipe left on a PNM's picture to pitch her into the virtual trash. Let's not get carried away here. I can't get too deep into it for membership selection reasons; but,it is nearly the exact same as before except that it's now electronic scoring. Members who met the PNM are simply entering a score after each round. Instead of writing it on a piece of paper and handing it in, they now type it on their tablet or phone and it gets put into the system for easy calculation and sorting by the alumnae upstairs who are helping coordinate.
Ah ... I see.

As long as the secrecy of a sorority's membership selection process is preserved, this could be a very useful tool. It could certainly shorten the time required for MS so that sisters, alumnae, and Panhel officers can actually get some shut-eye before the sun rises - LOL!

While I doubt the Russians would try to hack a sorority's invite list (LOL) I am always concerned about cybersecurity. I'm a software engineer and a paranoid New Yorker. It's in my blood.

When I was an active, we had a truly psycho PNM come through (see the weird rush stories thread for details) who would have given her eyeteeth to know why she didn't get a bid from my sorority (twice!) and which sisters in particular were "to blame" for her bidlessness. Had something like Select-A-Sis existed back then, I wouldn't have put it past her to try to hack it.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
YOU GUYS. This thread feels like we did a cannonball into MS territory!

(I love it, carry on.)

LOL! I've been very careful and I don't feel that I've said anything that compromises my organization's MS. We all know that there is some kind of "qualification" process for a PNM to move from one round to the next be it white and black balls, slips of paper, or what have you. I have no idea what other sororities do and so I used the generic term "electronic scoring" as a catch all when describing Select-A-Sis's technology. "Scoring" for some might be pressing "1" for keep and "2" for pass, or pressing 1, 2, or 3 for red, yellow, green light, etc, etc. There is more to it than "scoring" for Gamma Phi Beta, but I'm not gonna go in that direction.

True and Constant
Old 07-31-2017, 02:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I contacted IHQ and they said we weren't moving forward as an organization with Select A Sis, but as a chapter, we could use it. I'm not concerned about hacking. With VBR, it's hard to eliminate all of those score sheets. But I guess worst case scenario is we pay for it and don't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
I love Select A Sis! I am the recruitment advisor to a chapter of about 145 women. There are 6 NPC chapters on campus. We used Select A Sis for the first time last fall for a small informal recruitment. This helped the women get familiar with the system. It was amazing how much it sped up the process! No more counting scores or tabulating by hand, then entering it into a separate spreadsheet, using that to make lists in ICS, etc. SAS is completely in line with our voting and tabulating, as they contract with IHQ to set it up. The only problem we had during formal recruitment was that for some reason, SAS was not uploading the spreadsheet of PNMs we generated from ICS. But we were pretty quickly able to hand enter them in about 30 to 40 minutes with the recruitment chair and I each on our computers. We were then able to focus with the chapter on voting. The extra time we saved meant that the women could get home and get some much needed sleep to prepare for the next round of recruitment.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I talked to Bidlilly and they wanted WAYYY too much $$ for a small chapter's budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
DG uses a different program, but the same concept (Bidlilly). Anyway, I do worry about the notes section and someone finding those comments more than any sort of "scores". I'm probably paranoid because, in one of my years of advising, a campus newspaper did get a hold of one of the sororities notes

Needless to say, all chapters I have worked since then have shredded EVERYTHING.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I have seen it be good for the chapter. Quicker times to get all reports.

Bad part is the members always want to go to their phones and stay on them for longer then needed. If the list isn't uploaded correctly its can be a head ache.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 08-05-2017, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Select-A-Sis, MyVote by TechniPhi, or any other electronic scoring/ranking system will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Long gone are the little slips of paper and the countless hours entering data into the system. The cost of $200-$300 per academic year is well worth the investment if you can find it in your chapter's budget. We have used both and each works with IHQ to establish specific scoring parameters for your organization (they sign non-disclosures). Like I said, if you are a recruitment person this is life-changing -- literally!
Old 09-03-2017, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone!

I am the CEO and a Co-Founder of Select-A-Sis (and I am the GPB's nerdy husband mentioned previously in this thread).

I am excited to see all of the discussion around Select-A-Sis from new users and veterans alike. All of our customers in this thread have all the answers.

However, I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions from any of you. I saw a few major themes that shadokat brought up that I would like to answer:
  1. Security: we take security very seriously, and we have worked with each of our national partners to ensure that security standards are met. We earn an A rating for SSL security (https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/anal...sis.com&latest), and our database is host, secured, and encrypted with Microsoft Azure. In addition, just to ensure that, in future years, we will not be a point of security failure, we completely clear all of the data for each recruitment year in May.
  2. Scale: during recruitment season, we handle over 15 million votes across over 900 chapters across 20 national organizations. We have handled over 1 million requests per day, easily, and we have individual chapters who cast almost 500,000 votes in a matter of days. shadokat, in response to DPE, we serve about 20 DPE chapters, currently.
  3. Features: we work with each national organization to tailor the SAS Experience to their organization's voting structures and needs (and we have a nondisclosure stating that we will not share any information). In addition, we have the most advanced PNM List, Data Hub, Matching, and Analysis tools on the market. We have had many national organizations recently choose SAS as their sole recruitment product after getting feedback from several chapters that tried each of the products in this space.
  4. Cost: of the products in this space, SAS is the cheapest (ranging from $99 to $299). However, each of our members love what we do, and each of us would prefer to help people with their recruitment wherever possible. While we would like to cover our costs, and we believe our pricing structure is fair, we do not want to price anyone out of the market. Please let us know if you need any assistance regarding payment.

If any of you have any additional comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to ask me any questions here or at aroney@selectasis.com.

Thanks!
Aaron

Last edited by aroney; 09-03-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Updated link and nondisclosure information.