GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,516
1 members and 2,515 guests
PrettyBoy
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

identical twins, different universities, overlapping recruitments...

jab your eyes, hit your head, stab yourself with a sharp instrument... or just totally ignore this thread...

is there any interest in "our" thread...
identical twins, we were separated for the first time in our lives, we went to different universities and the style of our individual recruitments varied but our recruitment schedules overlapped slightly... which created a great deal of drama as pref and bid day came for one of us before the other finished recruitment...

is there any interest in yet another "retro" recruitment thread?

and, again, for those members of gc that are thoroughly sick of "retro recruitment threads"... jab your eyes, hit your head, stab yourself with a sharp instrument... or just totally ignore this thread...

cheers!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, of course!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG how cool!! <sidenote>I always dreamed of being a twin...I can't wait to read this!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile identical twins

This sounds like it will be a very good story.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Please! Pretty please!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to hear it! I too am ignoring the friendly posters who hate these, love being told I am crying out for attention!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Now this should be a good one...we get twice the bang for our "buck"
Old 07-07-2007, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Were any of the same chapters at your schools?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Wasn't there more here last night?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
i was thinking the same thing hc. maybe she wanted to edit it a bit more?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

i want in!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

the first predicate...

first, twins.

i really do not wish to get into all of the psychological dynamics and all of the studies regarding identical twins. however, to understand this recruitment you have to understand that even though my sister and i look exactly alike (honestly, we are really identical... people still cannot tell us apart!) however, while we look exactly alike... we are separate, distinct individuals and we are unique people with our own separate, distinct and different personalities. i will be the first to admit that our basic personalities are very similar... yet very different. it is just an odd dynamic that people who are not twins really do not fully understand. yet there is this synergy that cannot be explained... we are and will always be connected, it is just part of being identical twins that loved each other. add to that we were the only children my parents had... so we had no siblings to interact with, it was always just the two of us. we had our own world... and to an extent... still do to this day. it is just something that cannot be fully explained. it is exasperating... and yet it is wonderful.

there are things about being a twin that i will never fully understand... nor will anyone. because of the personality differences... we were different. some of those differences can manifest themselves in subtle ways... whereas others are very overt. our high school was very, very social... excellence and perfection was expected of all of us. my sister and i were the classic "over-achievers." we were cheerleaders in high school (large school, but a highly select small cheer squad... very competitive!) for some reason i was the twin that was the one who was always the attendant to the queen... and our senior year was the all school/homecoming queen... but, thankfully, my sister was the senior attendant. and yes... we actually switched off and no one ever knew it... typical thing most twins have to try... and do. i never really understood why one of us was considered differently than the other... and that is something that still causes problems. it did not bother me... but it bothered my sister terribly. as this thread develops... it will definitely come into play. here we look exactly alike... but one is the all school queen and the other is not. i also say this to let you know that we had the perfect credentials to successfully compete in highly competitive recruitment.

secondly, our mother. i daily thank the lord that our mother did not know "patsy ramsey!!!" (sorry to my panhellenic alpha xi sisters) our mother had been homecoming queen in high school and in college. she was also "miss state" where we grew up and was a finalist in the miss america pagent, first runner-up. she is definitely a force to be dealt with. she is a beautiful, classy and driven woman. highly social and highly skilled at being social. she was from a very prominent family. our family backgound is an important factor to remember with our recruitment thread, it will most definitely come into play in this recruitment saga. i honestly do not remember not being in dance, cheer, modeling or etiquite lessons. we were raised to be her perfect twin daughters... her pride and joy. yes, we were dressed alike for many years... which drove us crazy. thankfully... we were not subjected to the "beauty pagent" ordeal. even though our mother was "miss state" and a finalist at miss america... that would never have been "socially appropriate to her and her friends... far too "plebian." that was our mother... we love her dearly... but we also understand her. she was and is a different generation. although she worked all of the time... she did not work "outside the home"... even though she has a law degree (she had to do something with all of that miss america scholarship money!) she never practiced law a single day... that would not have been proper in her highly social world. our father, also an attorney, was more of the balance in our family and attempted to keep her somewhat in check... if that could be possible. he was definitely one of a kind... an extremely handsome, elegant, classy gentleman. he was absolutely wonderful.

so... we were groomed from infancy to succeed at any and everything we ever did... to be elegant and and yet "refined." we were indoctrinated from birth about the "right sororities," junior league, proper social skills, the proper country club and what social obligations were necessary and demanded and expected of us. there is much more to our mother and how she affected our recruitment.

and the final step in the foundation... for the time being. why on earth we would go to separate, different universities... separating us for the first time in our lives? because of how things happened in high school... my parents very carefully determined that my sister should go to a smaller, exclusive private university where my mother had gone. my parents felt as though she needed a chance to "shine" on her own and not be part of a "matched set"... it was time that we would each become our own person. they knew i would succeed wherever i went, whereas my sister was a bit more insecure. so it was determined that she would stay close to home and go to the expensive school... while i went to the favored comprehensive state university.. together with many of my friends. to complicate matters even more, if they were not already complicated already... there are some apsects that i will discuss as this story unfolds. there were several of the same sorority chapters at my sister's university... that were also at my university, something that caused a great deal of "drama" becausing of the different timing of our recruitments. my university... though not strictly southern... definitely is and continues to be a very, very competitive greek system. huge mansions... and huge chapters that ruled the school.

we both had excelled in cheerleading. we are both very petite and very blonde... but at our mother's insistence we had to be proper young ladies at all times. that is really hard when one is out in front of everyone doing front lay-overs and back hand-springs... and dancing. our mother had to do something with all of her energy and her education... there are only so many years of active service in junior league... and she tended to limit how much she did as an alumna of her sorority. remember that because it is one of the "twists" that makes this entire recruitment saga more comlicated. we both were recruited by our respective universities and both received full scholarships for cheerleading. so... not only did we cheer in high school... we both cheered at our respective universities.

sorry to have belabored so many facts that are not part of recruitment... but most certainly played a very critical role in our respective recruitments. i am no where close to revealing everything that effected both of our respective recruitments. however, i felt a basic foundation was necessary in order to understand the dynamics of what we were under when we went through recruitment.

and finally... i felt it necessary to give a bit of a background. everything sounds logical and orderly... however, as we all know... reality seemingly never follows what you think it will do and should do... our recruitments most certainly did not...

that is one of the most important factors to remember in our respective stories. more later...

cheers!

Last edited by recruitment; 07-07-2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: correcting a huge mistake!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by recruitment View Post

secondly, our mother. i daily thank the lord that our mother did not know "patsy ramsey!!!" (sorry to my panhellenic agd sisters) our mother had been homecoming queen in high school and in college. she was also "miss state" where we grew up and was a finalist in the miss america pagent, first runner-up.
Uh, Patsy Ramsey was NOT an AGD. She was a member of Alpha Xi Delta.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 07-07-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

i am very sorry OTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
i am very sorry OTW... but i know that i have read somewhere that patsy ramsey was an agd... i presume that it was not a "reputable tabloid." i do apologize... and i apologize to my alpha xi panhellenic sisters.

my sister and i are just grateful, extremely grateful... that our mother did not try to emulate her! people were always trying to get our mother to have us enter pagents. however, with twins... your own children who look exactly alike... would have to be competing against each other. talk about the problems that would present... ugh! it does get old at times being a "matched set." i can only see that as excerbating the "twin dynamic" and raising it to ever newer heights.

cheers!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
You beat me to it, I didn't post because I wasn't positive if she was an AXiD or not. However I know that we have never had a chapter at WVU, and that would automatically rule us out regardless of any affiliation Patsy Ramsey has. Even wikipedia has AXiD listed.
Closed Thread