GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Zeta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,129
1 members and 1,128 guests
zabryashulze790

Old 09-14-2003, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Question for Delta Zeta Members

Hey girls! I have a question for ya! I'm a new member of Sigma Kappa and my chapter here at the University of Arizona lives in the old Delta Zeta house. There is a giant log that sits in our living room with a creepy face painted on the front with 'Property of Delta Zeta Traditions Dept. DO NOT REMOVE' on the top. I was hoping someone could give me a little more info on this-is this something all your chapters do/have? There's something else I wanted to share-one of our patio sliding doors has 'Delta Sweets' written on it. Its weird because you can't feel it or wipe it off. You have to look at the door at an angle in order to see it. Its actually kind of creepy because it looks like someone fogged up the window and then wrote it on there.
I just thought I'd share. Last nite was our new member sleepover so we heard all sorts of stories about the former house owners.

Sam
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-14-2003, 04:20 PM

Hi Sam, and congratulations of Sigma Kappa!

Nationally, Delta Zeta has no traditions involving "creepy faces" or the phrase "Delta Sweets". However, most chapters have their own traditions so those things could be pertaining to Beta Iota activities. They've been inactive for quite some time; I'm surprised things like that are still hanging around.

Watch out for the basement, though. That's where we keep the turtle bones and shells (j/k )
Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Found this old post while searching back for something else. Since 2003 when this post was started, somehow, the Sigma Kappas and my pledge daughter, who carved the face in the log, found each other and the log was given to Tricia. I think it was a gag (I had graduated) and I don't remember the story. Tricia hadn't lived in Tucson for years but moved back maybe about the time of the 2003 posting. The carving discussed was primitive 2D like a cartoon face. Wood carving became a serious hobby of Tricia's and she has done some amazing and realistic 3D carvings. I think the log lives outside in the garden area at Tricia and her husband's Tucson home. She really got a kick out of being reunited with it after sooo many years. Kind of amazing that the Sigma Kappas took care of the carving for 20+ years.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

That is so cool!!!