GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 977
1 members and 976 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28StGreek View Post
This would never happen at 'Big Private U in LA' due to the fact that any fraternity man's questions when being introduced to a girl for the first time are; "What's your name?", followed immediately by "which house are you in?"

So it would never get as far as a date
Yes, but this is Large Public School in LA...so, they are a little slower on the uptake.

........oh wait, I graduated from that school.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-22-2011, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
There's a scale underneath the porch and each rushee's weight is recorded as she enters.
This one is always around at UO.

At another campus, ABC will cut you if you have smaller than D cups. Oh and no the rumor wasn't about Tri-Delta.

XYZ only takes cheerleaders.

That's all I can come up with now.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 07-23-2011, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

The most ridiculous one I heard is that Panhel makes all of the Rho Chi's dye/cut their hair, so even if their hair is seen around stickers in rush slideshows, they can't be recognized.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
LOL, she said nothing wrong in this thread. But oh dear, how terrible of me to express that! Had she named names or something I'd have a different view.

Oh and how very black you are too, kettle.

I am glad someone sees that what I said was in no way meant to sound "bitchy" and I think its kind of silly for my post to cause such a fuss. Especially for someone to go to the length to look up everything I had ever posted on here. And to barbie whatever I didn't accept her advice because it was rude and condescending. I politely declined it when I could have been as rude about it as you are. Yes I am a "PNM". But this site is anonymous. Do I think anyone from the school I'm recruiting is going to look through ALL the sophomores doing recruitment and figure out who I am? No I definitely don't. And if they do I doubt anything I've said would truly effect their opinion of me. As a moderator 33girl you give a very bad reputation to other users on this site. If anyone in this scenario has came off as a bitch it is you and I'm sorry for ever going on here to look for any advice. I'm sorry for stating things about chapters at my school that I made clear were rumors. Rumors that almost every single student at my school knows. I didn't state the chapters and if I had I would agree that I was in the wrong.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavienrose View Post
I am glad someone sees that what I said was in no way meant to sound "bitchy" and I think its kind of silly for my post to cause such a fuss. Especially for someone to go to the length to look up everything I had ever posted on here. And to barbie whatever I didn't accept her advice because it was rude and condescending. I politely declined it when I could have been as rude about it as you are. Yes I am a "PNM". But this site is anonymous. Do I think anyone from the school I'm recruiting is going to look through ALL the sophomores doing recruitment and figure out who I am? No I definitely don't. And if they do I doubt anything I've said would truly effect their opinion of me. As a moderator 33girl you give a very bad reputation to other users on this site. If anyone in this scenario has came off as a bitch it is you and I'm sorry for ever going on here to look for any advice. I'm sorry for stating things about chapters at my school that I made clear were rumors. Rumors that almost every single student at my school knows. I didn't state the chapters and if I had I would agree that I was in the wrong.
QFP

Proud to be an Old Dominion Diamond and a Macon Magnolia!

Some people call it manipulation, Southern Belles call it charm.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And you're making me regret defending you. Stop now.

This is why commenting on principle is so treacherous.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I was trying to help, snookums. Sorry you just don't understand that. Yes, rumors are stupid and repeating them should not hurt you in rush...but the fact of the matter is, some PNMs have repeated rumors on here and it HAS hurt them. Many many many more people lurk on this site than actually post.

"Moderator" doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.

And regarding your bolded...yes, they might.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

It's not hard to look up someone's posting history - it's linked right to their username.

So, it's not going to the length of doing anything. It's less work than going from the couch to the refrigerator for some delicious, delicious ice cream.

Just saying.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just so you know--even though you went through and deleted all your posts, Barbie'sRush QFP'd everything so, figuring out who the sophmore (nursing is it?) student who took a bid to a sorority she didn't want and has a 3.8 GPA in college and a 3.3 from high school and is now looking to go through recruitment at the University of Kentucky, shouldn't be too hard. You might want to step away from the computer, now. Also, even though an NPC is coming to Kentucky in the fall-please take note that there are many people in the various organizations (to include people from Headquarters) that check out this site.