GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-21-2002, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Swimsuit issues!

I am extremely pale and I have never really worried about what color of bathing suit would look best on me until now. I am going on a cruise for my honeymoon and I need the perfect suit (I will take several, but one of them has to be "the" suit). Please give advice! I am a pale, redheaded, always burns kind of gal! I am as white as a ghost right now and I am afraid to use self tanners 'cause I might look strange!
Old 04-22-2002, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
You could be my long lost twin. I'm very pale redhead. I freckle if I am careful, and burn if I'm not. I went to the Bahamas last year and wore a black bikini which was a first for me. I decided to put on that bikini, cover myself in sunblock #45, and walk with confidence. I wore a cover up dress when I walked to and from the beach. I felt good and burn-free. I realized that it's all about confidence and, of course, sunblock. Have fun on your honeymoon.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I've always thought pale redheads suited red very, very well. As a matter of fact, anyone can wear red, and my idea of "the suit" would be a red, Marilyn Monrow-type halter. You can never go wrong with that. Of course, you can be all French and wear a really loud bikini, but I'd rather go for the classier look.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not a redhead, but like you I go straight to burn. So I don't even bother with a tan. People harass me about being white, but I figure, hey, I won't die of skin cancer (it's rampant in my family), or end up looking orange/streaky with self-tanners!

Just pick a suit that would be a good color on you for a shirt, and don't worry about the lack of a tan. Stay away from anything neon!
Old 04-22-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Black would work, and I've always thought that redheads look really good in dark green colors too. As for being pale, don't worry about that so much-- redheads can pull that off so much better than anyone else can!
Old 04-22-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Heck if newly wedded, why are you worrying about SUN?

OK jus kiddin!

Get the most potent sun block you can get and do little sun at time! My ex bitch from hell was allergic to sun! We could not go to Min. to fish anymnore with my family and freinds!

Sorry had to digress for a moment!

Pissed as mowerer wont start and have weedssssss up to my butt!

Buff as nude as ecru as nada as sans closthes always looked better to me!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-22-2002, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, these are the ones I am thinking of getting (just one of them). Please vote:

red and black

blue

orangeish

What do you think?
Old 04-22-2002, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TaraHopeful
i think that the blue would look the best...but then again that's just my opinion. The red &black (i think) would make you look more pale than you really are. The orangeish one is quite cute, i'm torn between it and the blue. But the orange would probably look great with your hair color, but i personally like patterned suits....but that's just my opinion...
Old 04-22-2002, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

The blue one...

I agree with Tara about the blue one. I liked the Red and Black one, but it was hard to picture on someone with red hair. The orange was cute too, but if your hair isn't the right shade it could clash...
Old 04-22-2002, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

i have always loved blues on redheads - especially turquoisey blues - so would go with the blue swimsuit, or even the orangish ones style in the blue color.... if you want, check out jcrew, they have some super cute swimsuits like this one (which is reversable)

Old 04-22-2002, 10:16 PM

Two things to consider here.

1. For color, you have to pay attention to your hair and skin coloring. If you're a redhead you probably look best in warmer colors. If you've ever read "Color Me Beautiful" - you're probably a spring, maybe an autumn. You'd look best in gold tones, brown, warmer greens, maybe yellow or orange.

2. If you're very fair skinned, you will probably burn to a cinder unless you're wearing SPF 3000 sunblock. My husband (who is blond) is the same way. You may want to consider a one-piece swimsuit rather than a bikini (for health reasons - if you burn, you're at risk for skin cancer). Forget the self-tanners, and just skulk in the shade and get your sweetie to slather you with sunblock
Old 04-22-2002, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my close friends is a pale-skinned redhead just like you and she honeymooned in Aruba, so swimsuits were definitely the order of the day!!!! She looked fantastic in hers.....she had a sort of darker olivey green J. Crew suit, a pretty kind of tropical type print in deep greens, oranges, beiges, etc. and then I think there was a classic navy Ralph Lauren nautical style suit.

I think something in a pattern would look nice. I saw a really cute plaid bikini recently that had blues and greens and a little red. I think it was either Tommy H or Ralph L.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Believe me that I have absolutely no desire to actually tan. I use SPF 50 when I am out in the sun. My parents have both had skin cancer spots removed. I agree about the blue or orange being the best for me. My hair is not firey red. It is more auburn. I will let you all know when my decision is made
Old 04-23-2002, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I like all of those bikinis. I think that you can't go wrong with any of them. Better yet, buy them all!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I really like the orange and blue ones best (the orange is especially fun!)