GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,372
0 members and 1,372 guests
No Members online

Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Choosing girls for recruitment

Hi idk if anyone can help me with this, but I went through recruitment and I ended up not getting invited to pref by anyone. I saw one of the girls in one of the sororities at my school out one night and she told me that she talked about me a lot and told her sorority that she wanted me as her little, and she also didn't know I didn't get invited to pref by them? Can someone explain to me why if she wanted me so badly I didn't get invited? And why she didn't know I didn't get invited?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-28-2016, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCD20 View Post
Hi idk if anyone can help me with this, but I went through recruitment and I ended up not getting invited to pref by anyone. I saw one of the girls in one of the sororities at my school out one night and she told me that she talked about me a lot and told her sorority that she wanted me as her little, and she also didn't know I didn't get invited to pref by them? Can someone explain to me why if she wanted me so badly I didn't get invited? And why she didn't know I didn't get invited?
1) Membership selection is private, and none of us know this chapter or their members. We can't even begin to guess why you didn't receive a bid and why this sister didn't know anything about it.

2) Even if this one sister really pushed for you, she's likely not the only one who's allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-28-2016, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Membership selection is private for each organization. It's possible that only certain officers knew the pref list/decisions ahead of time. It's also possible that she is trying to make you feel better by letting you know she stuck up for you. This is a question that no one will be able to answer for you, so you have to let it go.