GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,397
2 members and 1,395 guests
Titchou

Old 01-19-2010, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My sweet NJP could never come off mad....well unless you diss those....uuuuugh cowboys...but even then she rocks a lil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Sorry if I came off mad. I was just tired. We've got a massive storm (San Francisco) passing overhead and I got a 5:20 am thunder-above-my-house-wake-me-up-and-set-off-all-the-neighborhood-car-alarms-and shake the house salute. OYE.

Richard L. Evans
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kue 1911 View Post
My sweet NJP could never come off mad....well unless you diss those....uuuuugh cowboys...but even then she rocks a lil!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Sorry if I came off mad. I was just tired. We've got a massive storm (San Francisco) passing overhead and I got a 5:20 am thunder-above-my-house-wake-me-up-and-set-off-all-the-neighborhood-car-alarms-and shake the house salute. OYE.
You didn't come off mad. I think you're doing a good job.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Yikes. They're back in full-force again today.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

you don't what to play poker???

No Strip poker??
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-20-2010, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I realize the mods and super mods are doing their best. This poker guy is driving me berserk though.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
you don't what to play poker???

No Strip poker??
I'm going to have to pass on the poker and the opportunities that await at the "Tata Institute," being advertised in the Social Forum.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I realize the mods and super mods are doing their best. This poker guy is driving me berserk though.
Ditto.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Holy crap!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Seriously! What. The. HELL. Is going on today?????
Old 01-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

48 separate threads from 5 different spammers. Good grief. Good thing they can all be deleted and banned simultaneously.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEalumnus View Post
48 separate threads from 5 different spammers. Good grief. Good thing they can all be deleted and banned simultaneously.
When you or another mod sees them they can be deleted or banned simultaneously.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
When you or another mod sees them they can be deleted or banned simultaneously.
Sometimes. For example, there's been a repeating spammer who always chooses an alpha-numeric name like abcd123 (with over 100 iterations so far). There are also others who spend the time to put obvious spam in their signatures or elsewhere in their profiles prior to posting. Then there are websites like this one that help identify spammers. In any of these cases, I ban them immediately without even giving them the chance to post.

As for those spammers who've already managed to post (like those this morning), once the spam posts/threads are selected, it takes two clicks to both delete and ban all of the posts and members as a whole.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sometimes. For example, there's been a repeating spammer who always chooses an alpha-numeric name like abcd123 (with over 100 iterations so far). There are also others who spend the time to put obvious spam in their signatures or elsewhere in their profiles prior to posting. Then there are websites like this one that help identify spammers. In any of these cases, I ban them immediately without even giving them the chance to post.

As for those spammers who've already managed to post (like those this morning), once the spam posts/threads are selected, it takes two clicks to both delete and ban all of the posts and members as a whole.
Well, that's good to know. Thanks for sharing.

But why wasn't it like this before? It just recently started as far as I know. I mean, there's a whole thread devoted to spammers now. That's bad.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to change the sign up process to make it harder for spammer and their bots to gain access?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”