GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,491
1 members and 1,490 guests
Tridentia

Old 01-19-2001, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Kappa Delta Shamrock

Hey i was just wondering what different KD chapters do to raise money during shamrock? The girls here are looking for some new idea's to add stuff and thought i'd ask you all. Thanks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-19-2001, 04:17 PM

hey,
We just colonied KD, so we've been brainstorming ideas. I think everyones fave is a softball derby.
Old 01-19-2001, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was in school, the KD girls would do what they called a "can shake," which was basically standing at various street corners with cans to collect change from passers-by. Kind of like what the Salvation Army does at Christmas time. Of course, this all hinges on if the weather is favorable.
Old 01-25-2001, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter does a 3-on-3 basketball tournament to raise money. Two of us pair up and go try to find a team of 3 people to play and they have to pay $10.00 per person to play. It ends up being about 120 people playing and the winning team gets prizes and everything.
During the day of Shamrock we sit in the quad on campus and have a rock-a thon where businesses pay members a certain amount of money per hour to rock in a rocking chair, and the chairs are displaying signs with the merchants' names on them who have donated money! We sell food and t-shirts all day long and it is a huge event!