GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,877
3 members and 1,874 guests
speedsters

Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

PhoenixFlame158, Ravenclaw I already finished the first book, and I can't wait for the next one!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 AM
GreekChat Member

MirrorRain141....imagine my surprise when I was sorted into Slytherin and NOT my precious Ravenclaw! Oh well, I suppose the official HP sorting quiz is the real one.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

LOVE THIS.

I'm RiverMagic210, and a Slytherin!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Despite what the Pottermore Insider had said about them not sending in order of the day you got the quill, I think they actually have started doing that—I don't know for sure, but I've noticed that all my friends at first were people who had also gotten the quill on Day 1, and then on Day 2, and I believe Day 3-ers (August 2nd) have started to get theirs, so it's really only a matter of time.

And meanwhile, I'll go make sure I've sent an add request, for when you DO get your letter!

By the way, melindawarren, I also sent you one, and as I keep telling people I know who've gotten Ravenclaw, I'm a bit jealous—not because I dislike the house I did get but because I'd always thought myself to be predominately a Ravenclaw at heart.
I got the quill on day three and no owl but my username is potiondream40
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

AHHH! This is making my life!

BronzeBlood15 and I'm a PROUD Hufflepuff! <3
Old 09-09-2011, 07:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't heard anything from Pottermore and I submitted my e-mail on the first day. How is this whole thing supposed to work? I guess I wasn't chosen for early registration. *pout*

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guard_girl View Post
I got the quill on day three and no owl but my username is potiondream40
Well, obviously they can't send all the letters out at once for those that got it each day—hence why I said they had started to send Day 3's theirs. I believe they're sending them out more regularly now (as per the Insider). I got the quill the first day, and didn't get my Welcome letter until about ten days after they sent out the first batch (in the fourth batch of letters, I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I haven't heard anything from Pottermore and I submitted my e-mail on the first day. How is this whole thing supposed to work? I guess I wasn't chosen for early registration. *pout*
When you say submitted your email the first day…you're not talking about the Magic Quill thing, are you? Because the Magic Quill was what determined who would get early entry/Beta Testing access. The initial email submission was a sign-up for notification of Open Registration prior to October's 'grand opening'—as far as I know, nobody who participated in that has received any emails because of it yet (I haven't, and I'm waiting on that so I can let people who missed that sign-up know when they'll be able to get their Pottermore accounts).

By the way, christiangirl, I love your signature.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

WillowUnicorn107....RAVENCLAW. I was immensely excited. I may have gone as Luna Lovegood for Halloween a couple of times.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Finally got my letter. I'm a Gryffindor. It keeps crashing right as I get to something big (right before sorting yesterday, right after I FINALLY brewed the potion correctly today). I like how it goes along chapter by chapter, and JK Rowling's thoughts on various things add so much to the story.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
When you say submitted your email the first day…you're not talking about the Magic Quill thing, are you? Because the Magic Quill was what determined who would get early entry/Beta Testing access. The initial email submission was a sign-up for notification of Open Registration prior to October's 'grand opening'—as far as I know, nobody who participated in that has received any emails because of it yet (I haven't, and I'm waiting on that so I can let people who missed that sign-up know when they'll be able to get their Pottermore accounts).

By the way, christiangirl, I love your signature.
No, I never got the Magic Quill. Did you have to be invited for that or did you just stumble upon it when you checked back? Because I thought I would be e-mailed about an opening and didn't keep checking--that may be why I missed out on the earlies.

And thanks.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
No, I never got the Magic Quill. Did you have to be invited for that or did you just stumble upon it when you checked back? Because I thought I would be e-mailed about an opening and didn't keep checking--that may be why I missed out on the earlies.

And thanks.
Well, personally…I heard about the Magic Quill on Twitter via other anxious Harry Potter fans, but the Pottermore Insider blog also had a post about it that I noticed later on, and I believe there might have been another video about it?

On the bright side…it's September 12 now, which means if they're aiming for opening the site to all on October 1, there's only 18 days left.

On the not-so-bright side…I thought they would have opened up the account registration to all interested persons by now.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Still waiting on my letter, but I'm 'GlowRiver167' when I do manage to get on there.

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 09-13-2011, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I'm sorted, and...

I'm a GRYFFINDOR! Okay, so I wanted Ravenclaw more, but I always felt that I'm like Hermione; she's really, really smart, but she's also brave when she needs to be.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinette View Post
Well, I'm sorted, and...

I'm a GRYFFINDOR! Okay, so I wanted Ravenclaw more, but I always felt that I'm like Hermione; she's really, really smart, but she's also brave when she needs to be.
I kinda felt the same way about getting Hufflepuff after really, REALLY wanting Ravenclaw—only with loyal and hard-working in the place of brave? But yay for you and congrats on Gryffindor!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Got mine! I'm a Gryffindor... which really kind of surprises me (I was expecting Hufflepuff to be completely honest), and I am really loving all of the stuff I'm finding throughout the chapters. Especially the info about wand woods and wand cores and stuff. <3