GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,042
2 members and 1,040 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 06-16-2020, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Does CUNY city tech have soror/frats?

Hey guys! *NEW MEMBER ALERT*
I am currently a student at city tech and would like to join a nphc sorority. I couldn't find any on the school's website, but I saw that other cuny schools had nphc soror/frats. Even though I dont attend those specific schools, could I still pledge there, since it's a cuny affiliated school? Thanks!
Old 06-17-2020, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
No, you cannot pledge a NPC sorority at a campus other than the one which you attend. The only exception to that is in the case of a 2 year school which has an affiliated program with a university (i.e., Blinn College and Texas A & M). HTH -
They asked about NPHC orgs, which do allow students from one school to join a chapter at another sometimes. There's also citywide chapters OP which I'm sure New York City would have. It's going to depend on the org and chapter for what specific options are available to you.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I apologise - I should have read more carefully. I will be deleting my post.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

NPHC and CUNY...

I agree with the previous posters. You'll need to reach out to each frat/soror individually, the multi-school combinations for each GLO may be different.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I work at a university with city-wide chapters and sometimes the member schools website will list the contact info and unfortunately, sometimes they don’t. I would suggest going to the Grand Chapter/National website of the NPHC sorority of interest and look at the chapter locator to narrow down your search. Hopefully, from there you can find the appropriate chapter to contact. If that is not fruitful, you can also look for any alumnae chapters in BK and contact them directly with any questions.

One of my closest Sorors tried getting Delta at her small college for a couple of years, only to find out her school was already on a city-wide charter with 2 other schools. Luckily, she was able to cross in her chapter a week and a half after I did in mine. It requires contacting folks and research. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2020, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
I agree with the previous posters. You'll need to reach out to each frat/soror individually, the multi-school combinations for each GLO may be different.
So true. In DC, Skee-Phi week was always a complicated affair. The Alphas had a city-wide chapter serving Georgetown, Catholic, American, and GW.... but three different AKA chapters served those campuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
I work at a university with city-wide chapters and sometimes the member schools website will list the contact info and unfortunately, sometimes they don’t. I would suggest going to the Grand Chapter/National website of the NPHC sorority of interest and look at the chapter locator to narrow down your search. Hopefully, from there you can find the appropriate chapter to contact. If that is not fruitful, you can also look for any alumnae chapters in BK and contact them directly with any questions. th

One of my closest Sorors tried getting Delta at her small college for a couple of years, only to find out her school was already on a city-wide charter with 2 other schools. Luckily, she was able to cross in her chapter a week and a half after I did in mine. It requires contacting folks and research. Good luck!
This is good advice.

It doesn't help that so few undergrad chapters seem to have websites these days. In my city, a friend interested in Zeta actually got inaccurate information and ended up crossing through the "wrong" chapter lol.... it ended up all working out in the end since she was a graduating senior anyway.