GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,389
0 members and 1,389 guests
No Members online

Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Oh yeah - you're right! It's been a while since I've seen that episode. Going to edit now.
I don't know why I read your edit comment as "We was pwned"

Now I'm cracking up at my desk at "We was po'" and "Mercy me, looks like my little magnolia just turned into a big ho!" lol

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I don't know why I read your edit comment as "We was pwned"

Now I'm cracking up at my desk at "We was po'" and "Mercy me, looks like my little magnolia just turned into a big ho!" lol
Stifling the laughter at my desk was hard, made my nose kindof run.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

Depends on what you have done. I know in the 80s our chapter was off campus for two years because of accusations at a party. We had to start all over as a colony. It also depends on your school size, if they already have quite a few other Fraternities they might not allow you back for size reasons. Read a paper 33 haha, the schools around here cut 2 million in the budget including the money that goes to organizations and raised housing dues which includes all the regular kids in dorms.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoheadlines View Post
Read a paper 33 haha, the schools around here cut 2 million in the budget including the money that goes to organizations and raised housing dues which includes all the regular kids in dorms.
But asshole, whoops, I mean atoheadlines, that has nothing to do with fraternities colonizing. I don't know where you go to school (and I'm kind of afraid to ask as it might cause them to lose their accreditation) but there are many schools where Greek orgs don't have on campus housing or get jack squat as far as funding from the university.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned

Sucks to be at the schools without housing or government money then, that makes it kinda hard to manage 30 or 40 people.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm kind of afraid to ask as it might cause them to lose their accreditation
33girl: 1, random_idiot: -1,216

Old 04-28-2010, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sucks to be at the schools without housing or government money then, that makes it kinda hard to manage 30 or 40 people.
Not really.

Anyway, 33girl, what does "in Dutch" mean? I was going to quote you but don't feel like it.

Does it mean that someone needed to be spoked to, but in a different languange so as not to embarass them in front of their friends, so they speak to them in Dutch because they're in trouble? Because that what I imagined when I read it.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Banned

Shadow again you know barely anything about the order of Greek things as being a Latino Fraternity founded in 1987, were you even a legal citizen. Yes, I said it because you talk like a bitch.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Shadow again you know barely anything about the order of Greek things as being a Latino Fraternity founded in 1987, were you even a legal citizen. Yes, I said it because you talk like a bitch.
In the words of DrPhil - please turn your brain on before responding to me

FYI - questions end with question marks.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Um hate to break it to you, but government money shouldn't be supporting a fraternity anyway. And the viable chapter size has everything to do with the culture of the campus, not how much money the fraternity has to spend.
Quote:
You are an idiot. Shut up.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
Not really.

Anyway, 33girl, what does "in Dutch" mean? I was going to quote you but don't feel like it.

Does it mean that someone needed to be spoked to, but in a different languange so as not to embarass them in front of their friends, so they speak to them in Dutch because they're in trouble? Because that what I imagined when I read it.
It means I'm old and have officially turned into my dad. In Dutch means in trouble. Not sure if you have the origin of the phrase right.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I probably don't. I just made it up.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
It means I'm old and have officially turned into my dad. In Dutch means in trouble. Not sure if you have the origin of the phrase right.
'In Dutch' is still pretty common in Pennsylvania. When I saw it used in this thread, I was sure that someone would ask what it meant.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So you can accuse people of being an illegal immigrant at random, but your fraternity is essentially on welfare? Seems contradictory, kiddo.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You do your organization so much credit.

The "Yes, I said it..." bit was excellent sir. Very Jerry Springer of you. You just ooze class.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma