GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 605
0 members and 605 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
^^^^ computers gotta love 'em!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

I have now heard several stories about PNMs being rude to the actives in several sororities. All I can figure out is that they're trying to get cut or they just think they're too good for them. This is not the Auburn spirit.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

The printers were down and that delayed things an hour or so. Seems like cuts were hard this morning. My daughter feels very lucky to have 10 invites, others in her pi chi group did not fare so well.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I have now heard several stories about PNMs being rude to the actives in several sororities. All I can figure out is that they're trying to get cut or they just think they're too good for them. This is not the Auburn spirit.
What these girls dont realize is that most girls have friends in other chapters..they may even live with girls from other chapters. Word gets around about the really rude ones..and gasp...they probably wont fare so well in the end.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate to say it but some girls are just mean. You'd think they'd outgrow that but some don't.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
A lot of that is "big fish, small pond" syndrome.

They come from their small pond (HS) where they were most popular, Homecoming Queen, a shoo-in for everything, etc. and as resident Queen Bee of their high school, they've never really HAD to be nice to anyone to get anywhere.

Then they get to recruitment and figure that it'll be the same way. Unfortunately, if these women are well-connected to the chapters they want, it might.

However, if they're the type of Queen Bees who have a skewed perception of how desirable they are in the process (ex: you think that because you were Homecoming Queen, you're going to be an XYZ or ABC without knowing that these groups have had their minds made up about first round before you got to school) they're certainly in for a wake-up call.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I think its a common misconception (blame the media or whatever) that sorority women only socialize with the girls in their organization and don't get along with other groups. When I think in many cases it is the exact opposite. Even though I'm sure there are rivalries and competition (especially during recruitment), I would venture to say that almost all the women in every house have friends in other chapters and they TALK.

So PNMs do not be rude, act snobbily, better than, stuck up, etc during recruitment. You could potentially be offending the girl who's bff and roomates with a sorority member in a house that you despertly want.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
One I was initiated I was shocked to learn this happens even at my very small, noncompetitive recruitment school. I will never understand, but ive been told I'm way too nice to begin with. Poor girls, hopefully those being mean will learn from their mistakes asap.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Love looking at all the photos!! How many girls can each chapter facility house?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

These are dorms...each chapter has a chapter room and a floor in the dorm. The rest of the girls live in other dorms or off campus. Not sure how many are housed on a floor. Anybody know average chapter size? I think it's around 200.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Each floor accommodates about 60 girls, I think. In addition to four-person suites there is a room for the president, a study room and maybe one or two three-person suites. Typically sophomores and officers live on the hall.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to all those wonderful pi chis. My daughter says hers is wonderful. She has also stated that all her parties have been great and likes them all. She had 7 invites back for her second round. We are from out of state and heard that there are some sororities that cut automatically. Should I be concerned with only 7?
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter enjoyed all of her parties today and said everyone was so nice. She was sure to thank the groups for inviting her back. She has four more parties tomorrow but has reported that, as of now, she could fit in any of the ones she has been to. I told her what Carnation said about PNMs being rude and she was shocked. She has not encountered anyone being rude to actives and was so surprised that anyone would even do that.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAUmom View Post
Thanks to all those wonderful pi chis. My daughter says hers is wonderful. She has also stated that all her parties have been great and likes them all. She had 7 invites back for her second round. We are from out of state and heard that there are some sororities that cut automatically. Should I be concerned with only 7?
Look at it this way, whether you have a full schedule, 7, or 3, you can only get ONE bid.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
The chapters have no idea which other chapters have invited you back or how many parties you have on your schedule unless you tell them yourself.