GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,474
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, TitusPpd20
» Online Users: 2,109
3 members and 2,106 guests
3DGator, TitusPpd20

Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I was Charmander two years ago. Best.costume.ever! I made the whole thing myself too. I took a red sweatshirt that I had and sewed yellow felt on his stomach, stapled a cardboard tail to red sweatpants (complete with tissue paper "fire"), put eyes on the hood, and even sewed little white triangles of felt onto red gloves to make "claws". I did a similar thing with red and white felt onto my sneakers to make feet. It was the best, warmest, and cutest costume ever.

Nittanygirl, I was a Beanie Baby too one year! I think I was the Dalmatian though, haha.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-13-2010, 11:39 PM

When I was a little girl, I had a Raggedy Ann doll that I adored. (I still have her, and several others, and a few Raggedy Andys too.) So, for several years, I dressed as Raggedy Ann. At first I wore the stupid store-bought costume with the cardboard mask and plastic bib thing. But when I was maybe 8 or 9, my mother bought me a blue floral-print dress and made me an apron and red-and-white striped stockings. She also bought me red lipstick to color my nose and mouth, and black liquid eyeliner so I could paint Raggedy Ann's eyelashes and smile onto my cheeks. It was a big deal - I attended Catholic school at the time, and on Halloween we were allowed to wear costumes instead of our uniforms. Of course, then I would go home and get about half an hour to trick or treat before having to change into church clothes for All Saints' Day vigil Mass

A few years later, when I was 12, I got hold of a sewing pattern for a Starfleet uniform. (I've been a Star Trek fan since my first exposure at the age of 6.) I went out and bought some black and red spandex, borrowed my mom's sewing machine, and made myself a uniform. My mother and I have matching gold flat disk earrings, which I used as my rank insignia (would I be anything less than a captain? ), and I bought a combadge pin from some catalog (yes I am a nerd). The costume worked out great, and I got a lot of compliments. I'm still damn proud of having made that costume myself, even though I will never be able to wear it again, as I've grown boobs and hips since then.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 AM
GreekChat Member

condensed with links to some of the steps, because it would take up a whole page with pics.

first, there was the muse.
then, what the industry calls a fiber drum. this one was cheap because it was used to ship garlic.

more base work.

*this is my friend, jon weston.

Last edited by FHwku; 10-14-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, you're a pretty talented artist. And clearly a lover of beer. Well done.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

that is an impressive beer costume
Old 10-18-2010, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I found an awesome website for homemade Halloween costumes!! It's http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com. You can search for stuff (gypsy, Elmo, whatever) or just use the links on the side. I think I'm gonna be a peacock this year! That section has some cool ideas, and I can't wait to do fancy purple/blue/green makeup.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm doing to 50s sock hop thing this year....and I found a great store on ebay with the accessories:

http://stores.ebay.com/heidishavetohaves
Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I found an awesome website for homemade Halloween costumes!! It's http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com. You can search for stuff (gypsy, Elmo, whatever) or just use the links on the side. I think I'm gonna be a peacock this year! That section has some cool ideas, and I can't wait to do fancy purple/blue/green makeup.
Thanks so much for the link, it gave me a great idea! My boy and I are going to be C3PO and R2D2, respectively. It would be fun to make, Star Wars related (a plus), and cute because they're best friends!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Alumiyum...I LOVE your costume idea...it just might have to go on my list of possibilities...
Old 10-18-2010, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

that costume website is awesome!
I got a couple of ideas from it that wouldn't be too expensive!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I found a dress for my peacock costume!!! It's teal and satin-y. My sister is going to figure out my makeup, and shoes are no big deal. I just have to order some peacock feathers online so I can make a tail.