GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,420
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, abryanswftz6979
» Online Users: 2,868
0 members and 2,868 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I'm all for keeping minority actors employed.

However, this movie was not good enough for a prequel and/or sequel. The plot, storyline, and overall premise of the Tuskegee Airmen are not suitable for a prequel and sequel. George Lucas needs to take a clue from Sex and the City 2 and understand that something that works once (because people are excited to see it happening) will not always work again. Plus, getting people to the box office to see a movie does not mean that they liked the movie or that most people liked the movie enough to do it again.
True, especially with Sex and the City 2. But what if he did classes. I always thought that the Tuskegee Aimen were done in classes. The 2nd class and so on. I feel what you're saying though...makes sense.

Quote:
LOL. This is the current movie review thread. Movie reviews often include spoilers. Spoilers do not bother me but those who are bothered by spoilers may consider not coming to this thread.
Thank you, Doc.

Quote:
I thought Lightening would die because he was crazy as hell but I wanted it to be less predictable than that. I thought that perhaps Easy would die. It was hypocritical how Lightening and Easy preached to each other about alcohol and risk-seeking behavior. They both had low self-control and were both risk-seekers. They had no reason to lecture each other.

I knew Junior was not dead.
LOL, dude was crazy, but I feel you, it should have been much less predictable. I thought Junior was going to be the first to die. Dude seemed soft as hell to me. I was surprised when he came back, though.

Quote:
It was funny when the Red Tails were invited to have drinks with the white pilots. The Red Tails looked shocked and speechless like someone pissed in their whiskey. LOL.
CTFU! I rolled when dude made comments about how white folks change colors based on their mood, but then call black folks colored. That had to be my favorite line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Aw, c'mon. This thread has gone on over 350 posts without very many spoilers. There's lots that can be said about why someone liked or didn't like a movie without giving away specific plot points or endings. And it has been common practice at GC to provide a "spoiler alert" in a post or even in the thread title.

I stand by my earlier statement that it's basic common courtesy, whether talking in person or posting on the web, not to give away what happens in a movie without at least a warning so that someone has a chance to avoid the spoiler if they want to.

But hey, I guess I know to avoid reading your movie reviews from now on.
LOL @ this mofo coming over here making up rules n' shit. Hey home's, this thread is called "Movie Reviews" which means you give your review/thoughts of the movie, which may include some detail folks don't want to see. I'm just going to warn folks straight up. Every movie I see that I decide to post comments about on this thread will have full detail about the movie. Point blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
FWIW, when it comes to the topic at hand, I'm on TeamMC/TeamLeslieAnne.
I don't think anybody is playing "teams" over here, except you. Either post your thoughts on a damn movie or be quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lol
Do you remember the jet fighter that was in the movie? That was the Me 262. It was designed and built by Messerschmitt. Do you remember seeing it on display at Wright Pat? I think it was captured shortly after the war ended. A lot of people believe it to be the first jet fighter. It wasn't.

What I would like to see: I think that would be awesome if someone made a movie about what the war would have been like if it continued into 1946.
I think I remember now. But vaguely.

I googled that plane and according to WiKi, it was the first jet fighter. That would be off the hook. I think bringing out a movie like that would be kind of nice. It would be fictional, but I think it would do well in the theaters depending on who the director was. I remember reading something that the Nazis were developing an atomic bomb to drop on New York, if the war would have gone past 1945.

Cheerful, you started this thread, why didn't you post spoiler rules on here LOL.

Last edited by Cen1aur 1963; 01-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
True, especially with Sex and the City 2. But what if he did classes. I always thought that the Tuskegee Aimen were done in classes. The 2nd class and so on. I feel what you're saying though...makes sense.

LOL, dude was crazy, but I feel you, it should have been much less predictable. I thought Junior was going to be the first to die. Dude seemed soft as hell to me. I was surprised when he came back, though.

CTFU! I rolled when dude made comments about how white folks change colors based on their mood, but then call black folks colored. That had to be my favorite line.
Join me in the Red Tails thread to discuss further.

Quote:
LOL @ this mofo coming over here making up rules n' shit. Hey home's, this thread is called "Movie Reviews" which means you give your review/thoughts of the movie, which may include some detail folks don't want to see. I'm just going to warn folk straight up. Every movie I see that I decided to post comments about on this thread will have full detail about the movie. Point blank.
While I generally agree with you about the bolded, GC regulars tend to know how to seriously yet lovingly go back-and-forth with each other. You are not there yet.

Quote:
I don't think anybody playing "teams" over here but you. Either post your thoughts on a damn movie or be quiet.
We sometimes play teams on Greekchat. You aren't quite familiar with Greekchat...but come to the Red Tails thread, anyway.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think anybody is playing "teams" over here, except you.
Really? You've never heard anyone using 'Team Whatever' to express agreement with 'Whatever'? Where've you been?

I think MysticCat is exactly right - it's common courtesy to indicate the presence of spoilers. And LeslieAnne had exactly the same reaction as I did when I read CG's post. Hence my posting my agreement with the two.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

Team SydneyK...although I lack common courtesy.

I knew Underworld would beat Red Tails at the box office. It was not my fault. I chose Red Tails over Underworld last weekend. I must now see Underworld because I am an Underworld fan. Centaur needs to get on the Underworld train.**

**Cen1aur, when I say "train," there isn't really a train. Just like iotamason is not a firefighter when he says he is "fighting fires." Just like SydneyK is Team MysticCat/Leslie Anne just for shits and giggles. Just like MysticCat better not really think all of my reviews are on SATC. LOL.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
**Cen1aur, when I say "train," there isn't really a train. Just like iotamason is not a firefighter when he says he is "fighting fires." Just like SydneyK is Team MysticCat/Leslie Anne just for shits and giggles. Just like MysticCat better not really think all of my reviews are on SATC. LOL.
lollers
Team DrPhil, too.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Join me in the Red Tails thread to discuss further.
Okay, that's cool.

Quote:
While I generally agree with you about the bolded, GC regulars tend to know how to seriously yet lovingly go back-and-forth with each other.
I'm not trying to get all lovey dovey with folks on here. I don't know y'all.

Quote:
Really? You've never heard anyone using 'Team Whatever' to express agreement with 'Whatever'? Where've you been?
Seems like y'all have more of a "clique" thing rather than a team thing going, here.
Quote:
I think MysticCat is exactly right - it's common courtesy to indicate the presence of spoilers. And LeslieAnne had exactly the same reaction as I did when I read CG's post. Hence my posting my agreement with the two.
Actually, I'm not going to indicate shit. I'm posting in full detail my thoughts. Why didn't you have that same reation when The Doc made her comments about the movie? She made her comments before CG made hers. Looked like a "spoiler" to me.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not trying to get all lovey dovey with folks on here. I don't know y'all.
Team Don't Give a Shit.

See you in the Red Tails thread. LOL.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think I remember now. But vaguely.

I googled that plane and according to WiKi, it was the first jet fighter. That would be off the hook. I think bringing out a movie like that would be kind of nice. It would be fictional, but I think it would do well in the theaters depending on who the director was. I remember reading something that the Nazis were developing an atomic bomb to drop on New York, if the war would have gone past 1945.
Yep. It was a Horten jet bomber that was being designed to drop the bomb on New York. It looked like a flying wing. Fortunately for New York, WWII ended while the Horten 18 was still being designed. I think around 1944 was the beginning of the more advanced weapons to turn the tides of the war. The first of them were already in operation. I know the Me 262 (the jet that was in Red Tails) was one of them. And then I think the Me 163 rocket fighter, the V1 cruise missile, and the V2 rocket. It's just that they weren't enough to turn the tides of WWII. They still needed more advanced weapons and also more resources. They were getting ready to produce another jet fighter that would be easy to produce and relatively easy to fly. I think they were going to build like 1000 per month or something like that. Have you ever heard of the Heinkel He-162? The Germans called it the Volksjager (peoples fighter). It was such a cool plane.

Well, it wasn't the very first jet fighter. I mean, it was the first to be used in WWII, but it wasn't the first to be developed. The first to be developed was built by a competitor, Heinkel Aircraft. It was the He 280 which I think flew around the early 40s.

Yep. I totally agree with you. I think that would be awesome to make a movie of what could have happened if the war continued on into 1946. If they made a movie like that, they could show most of the weapons that Germany would have used to turn the tides of WWII. I think I would even enjoy that more than Red Tails.

Quote:
Cheerful, you started this thread, why didn't you post spoiler rules on here LOL.
Nah, I didn't post any spoiler rules, just as long as you're giving your opinions/thoughts/reviews about a movie that's currently playing in the movie theater. Or any movie that's about to be released. That, and posting a rating of 5 stars -5 stars being the highest, 1 star being the lowest.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Team Don't Give a Shit.

See you in the Red Tails thread. LOL.
CTFU!! goddamn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Yep. It was a Horten jet bomber that was being designed to drop the bomb on New York. It looked like a flying wing. Fortunately for New York, WWII ended while the Horten 18 was still being designed. I think around 1944 was the beginning of the more advanced weapons to turn the tides of the war. The first of them were already in operation. I know the Me 262 (the jet that was in Red Tails) was one of them. And then I think the Me 163 rocket fighter, the V1 cruise missile, and the V2 rocket. It's just that they weren't enough to turn the tides of WWII. They still needed more advanced weapons and also more resources. They were getting ready to produce another jet fighter that would be easy to produce and relatively easy to fly. I think they were going to build like 1000 per month or something like that. Have you ever heard of the Heinkel He-162? The Germans called it the Volksjager (peoples fighter). It was such a cool plane.

Well, it wasn't the very first jet fighter. I mean, it was the first to be used in WWII, but it wasn't the first to be developed. The first to be developed was built by a competitor, Heinkel Aircraft. It was the He 280 which I think flew around the early 40s.

Yep. I totally agree with you. I think that would be awesome to make a movie of what could have happened if the war continued on into 1946. If they made a movie like that, they could show most of the weapons that Germany would have used to turn the tides of WWII. I think I would even enjoy that more than Red Tails.
LOL damn, you get into this. You probably were geeked in that movie, then. I can't say that I've heard of anything that you're talking about, here. This is good shit, though to know this much about WWII military history. The Doc started a Red Tails thread. You should come over and and join us in the conversation.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL damn, you get into this. You probably were geeked in that movie, then. .
That's an understatement.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

I was reading the critics' reviews on msn and thought of this thread. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grey Review
Oh wait. This is one of those movies for which an in-depth discussion really requires giving away significant chunks of the plot, which has become, these days, a kind of no-no for the consumer-oriented review. Oh, what to do?
http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-c...ws/the-grey.2/

One of the Man on a Ledge reviews was very detailed and probably included a couple of, what some may consider, spoilers. LOL. I thought it looked like a dumb movie based on the previews. I definitely think it is a dumb movie after reading the reviews.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

My friend from work has been talking about "The Grey" all week long. She asked me if I had seen the trailer, but I never even heard of the movie until she started talking about it all last week. I watched the trailer and it looks really good. We're going to see it, tonight.
http://youtu.be/MiR1cGlAafY
Old 01-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

This thread says current movies, but if a movie came out within the last 6 months is that still current? I'm just asking because last night my girl came over to watch movies with me. She brought over some of her movies, and one of them was "The Help". I didn't want to watch it because I knew I was going to get mad, but she watched one of my movies first so just out of respect for her, I watched hers too. That movie highly PISSED me off. I don't need to watch movies like that during a work week. Watching movies like that on the weekend is always good for me because it gives me time to cool off. I went to work mad about that movie. I don't hit females, but I wanted to reach into that screen and slap the living shit out of that red headed bitch in the movie. Just my take on the movie.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
This thread says current movies, but if a movie came out within the last 6 months is that still current?
There is another thread for movies that are no longer in the theater.

Quote:
I'm just asking because last night my girl came over to watch movies with me. She brought over some of her movies, and one of them was "The Help". I didn't want to watch it because I knew I was going to get mad, but she watched one of my movies first so just out of respect for her, I watched hers too. That movie highly PISSED me off. I don't need to watch movies like that during a work week. Watching movies like that on the weekend is always good for me because it gives me time to cool off. I went to work mad about that movie. I don't hit females, but I wanted to reach into that screen and slap the living shit out of that red headed bitch in the movie. Just my take on the movie.
I hated that movie so much. It angered me but not for the reasons that it angered you.

There is a The Help thread with a very lively discussion. LOL. Please share your thoughts in that thread but do not quote the old posts.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm on the Team DrPhil train.