GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 642
0 members and 642 guests
No Members online

Old 10-01-2000, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Post what is kappa kappa gamma's national ranking?

there is a lot of discussion on my campus because xyz has just come on and there is discussion over who is how high on the ranking board. if anyone knows, could you please post it here?? thank you!
Old 10-01-2000, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

what kind of ranking are you talking about?
Old 10-01-2000, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I don't really know. My mom always talked about being ranked. I think it is how "popular" it is...I don't know--that sounds bad to rank them by popularity but it's usually common knowledge who is in the top five, it's just not knowing which sorority goes with which number. I think DG, Theta, Kappa, Pi Phi are in the top five, but I don't know orders. I hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2000, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

This started several years ago when this really old guy published an annual newsletter ranking Greeks according to his opinion. I saw it in the seventies and he was about 90 then. Most Greeks laughed about it but some took it to heart and to this day will tell you, "We're number 1 in the nation." Either they base it on that or they've heard it from members of their own group-- funny how they can't seem to substantiate it!

There is a group that has the most members and another who has the most chapters. This doesn't really mean anything since some national groups prefer to place chapters on a small number of big campuses and others place chapters on lots of small campuses. To each his own.
Old 10-01-2000, 02:33 PM
DGgirl

Talking

YEAH DEE GEE'S :-)

just kidding... one person's personal rank doesn't meant anything to me...because in my heart DG's are always the best :-)
Old 10-01-2000, 08:39 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by etfonhm:
there is a lot of discussion on my campus because xyz has just come on and there is discussion over who is how high on the ranking board. if anyone knows, could you please post it here?? thank you!
I think they're #9 now, but if they beat Georgia Tech next week they could move up to #7.

(sarcasm filter off)

The only way you can "rank" a sorority is by number of chapters or by number of members. There is no such thing as a "ranking board" for national sororities. The idea is ludicrous.

Old 10-02-2000, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I don't know what their rep is, but on last night's "Sex and the City", they were shown as frigid snots! See the episode this week to see what I mean!
Old 10-02-2000, 11:50 PM
UAGreek

What we have to remember is that chapters are different all across the country...in some places they might be the snotty ones and in other places they might be the sweet ones. Think about this...

Ashley Judd, Jane Pauly, Candice Bergen a.k.a Murphy Brown, and Kate Spade are all Kappas...not bad for some famous alum...
Old 10-03-2000, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

In my line of work,I meet a lot of college students and many think that if group ABC is cool on their campus, it's cool everywhere; if it's weak at their school it's weak everywhere. Not so! Everybody has their strong and weak chapters. We all have stellar chapters, we all have chapters that have folded. For instance, these fine sororities have folded on the campuses where I got my degrees:

Auburn: Delta Gamma, Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA
later came back)
U. Of Arkansas: Alpha Chi Omega, Delta Gamma,
Kappa Alpha Theta, Phi Mu (twice)
Mississippi State: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha
Delta Pi, Kappa Kappa Gamma

At my daughter's campus, Chi Omega and Delta Zeta have folded; my own group, Pi Beta Phi, lost chapters at South Carolina and Clemson.I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't go by rumors that "XYZ is the best nationally" or even "XYZ is the best on this campus"! The only thing that matters is how you fit in with that particular group on that particular campus.
Old 10-05-2000, 09:18 AM
Susie-Cakes

Arrow

I think Kappa Kappa Gamma is ranked 4th for total number of initiates for the NPC sororities.