GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,230
3 members and 1,227 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 12-11-2001, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Miami1839-- grandma got run over by a reindeer.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT...IT'S ONE OF MY FAVES!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-11-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I really don't like away in a manger. Or the first noel. Bad memmories of 6th grade choir. bad, bad bad.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Nah, I like it I suppose. Psych.

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
Miami1839-- grandma got run over by a reindeer.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT...IT'S ONE OF MY FAVES!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
My least favorite also happens to be my most favorite...

You all know that Chipmunks' Christmas Song? The one that starts off "Christmas....Christmas time is here...time for joy and time for cheer.."

Yeah...I cringe everytime I hear it, but then I usually find myself singing along to it.
Oh my - I am laughing soooo hard right now. Huge childhood memory right here. "I-i-i-i-iiiiiiieee just waaaaaant a huuuuuuuuula hoooooooop!"

My brother and I had this Chipmunks record and a bright blue record player. We would play that record over and over and over. Drove my dad INSANE!

The best part was when we discovered if you put a regular record on the player but on fast speed, they sound like Chipmunks too!

And...if you put the Chipmunks record on fast speed, they're just one big long squeal! It's so great!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

If you had a Chipmunks record on 45 rpm, you could play it on 33 and clearly hear David Seville singing all 3 parts slowly!
Old 12-11-2001, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not sure if I have an unfavorite...wait, I dont like that songs "Its almost Christmas"...I dont know if thats the name of it, but it keeps saying "do they know its christmas time at all"...
My mom however hates the song "Ill be home for Christmas" because she always remembered when my dad was in vietnam, and he wouldnt be home for christmas
Old 12-11-2001, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

It's got to be "White Christmas"

Having recently moved to southern California from Pennsylvania, I can tell you that half the people in this country have fantasies about snow and the other half have actually lived in it. There's no way to win. Snow sucks. You can have a white Christmas but then you have to go out and brush it off your car and have to drive when you live on a side street that never sees a salt truck. No one here seems to truly realize that.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:09 PM

volgirl - I think I know the song you're talking about. It's my least favorite too. Good message, but really annoying lyrics/tune.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:55 AM
GreekChat Member

White Christmas. Until this year, I never really thought much of it. But now I live in a town that is formed of 4 large hills, the University being on the top of the tallest, and my dorm being on the highest part of that hill.. Literally, to get anywhere, it's downhill.. and I'm sorry. but gravel gives you no traction! It's worse than ice! Now it's white all the time, and that song just reminds me of it more and more!
Old 11-30-2002, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

OOookaaayy--here comes Scrooge again for the third straight year because she just heard that nasty "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" again today! Ruining my holiday mood!

Does anyone else have an unfavorite carol?
Old 11-30-2002, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate that song that goes... "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time". It drives me nuts. They play it constantly on the radio and it makes me want to impale myself on an icicle.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
CarolinaCutie I hate that song that goes... "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time". It drives me nuts. They play it constantly on the radio and it makes me want to impale myself on an icicle.
OMG I totally understand your pain... it's like that song was just created for those December afternoons at the dentists office.....total Muzak.....horrible....

On another note-
Anyone else think that whoever wrote "Silver Bells' was in serious need of some Prozac??? It depresses me every time.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I know I'm gonna get boo'ed off the board for this one, but I HATE "12 Days of Christmas" or whatever the heck that song is.

I can't stand it, can't stand it, can't stand it. It's even worse when the radio station plays the crappy "I hate Christmas" version of it...where children are screaming and men are screaming and babies are crying and the lights don't work etc. URG! It's like they play that right before Christmas just to piss everyone off that has to go out into the malls and so that mood just lingers with them and then they take it out on me when they can't find what they want because they've procrastinated too long~ but that's a whole different retail Christmas story!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Hootie-I know I'm gonna get boo'ed off the board for this one, but I HATE "12 Days of Christmas" or whatever the heck that song is. I'm with you there-it's like the Christmas vesion of 99 bottles of Beer on the Wall!

New to my list is the ENTIRE N'SNYC (sp?) Christmas CD I bought last season. Should have gone with Boyz to Men. (once again, sp??)
Old 12-01-2002, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
I have worked the xmas season in both Macy's and Joanns... both play constant xmas music for the entire two weeks leading up the xmas and then at least weeks after. All i can say is that they ALL get annoying after a while. Hearing the same song 5 times a day even tho they are by different artists every time will sure make you sick after an 8 hour day.

One that I hear often at work is "I want a Hippopatumus for Christmas..." AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!

And then "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"

"I'm Getting Nothing for Xmas..."

Just to name a few...

Last edited by chideltjen; 12-01-2002 at 01:31 PM.