GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,264
0 members and 2,264 guests
No Members online

Old 02-19-2006, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek Marriages

Ladies, I have a question.

I have recently been to seveal functions where older brothers were with their wives. To my surprise, many of them had Zetas as wives (the one common denominator being that they were all from the Midwest). Where I am from, that was/is extremely rare. Almost any brother over 35 that I have met has been either married to a Delta or AKA (usually 60/40 or 70/30)

What do you usually see as Greek combinations?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-19-2006, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedAngel Send a message via Yahoo to RedAngel
Where I am it varies. Some of my Sorors are married to Omegas, Kappas or Alphas and my best friend (also a Soror) is married to a Sigma.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RedAngel
Where I am it varies. Some of my Sorors are married to Omegas, Kappas or Alphas and my best friend (also a Soror) is married to a Sigma.
Ditto! Down here I know of 2 Sorors who are sisters and both are married to Sigmas.

It just depends on who you are match with romantically.

2 years ago, I saw my first Omega/Zeta plate and it looked odd, not bad, just odd since it was not what I was used to seeing.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
In my family (on both sides), it's either Omega/Delta, Omega/AKA, Kappa/Delta or Kappa/AKA.

I know a lot of sorors and AKAs who are married to Omegas.

My LS just married a Sigma.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

My cousin who is a Zeta is married to an Alpha!

Most older sorors I know in MD are married to Kappas but most younger sorors I know in the area are married to Omegas. Definitely a generational thing here.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

My grandmother is a soror, and she married my grandfather, a Sigma.

I generally see Deltas and AKAs married to Omegas, Alphas, or Kappas, if it is a Greek union. I generally see Sigmas and Zetas married. But there is an older couple in my hometown who is a Zeta/Kappa union.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Coleman Love

I am the only Greek in my family so there are no greek unions. As for Sorors I know who are married to other Greeks I have a linesister who is married to a Bruh, 9 Sorors in the Alumnae chapter I just left are married to Bruhs and one Bruh I am very close with is married to a SGRho. All in all I would have to say many of the Greek unions I am aware of are with Sorors and Bruhs.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
From this thread, it seems like a lot of Delta/Sigma unions. My prophyte is married to a Sigma. As the saying goes, between every Delta is a Sigma.

It's a jungle out there.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Bob and Mollie..Deltas and Sigmas

Well the precedent was set back in the early days of our 2 respective orgs. Phi Beta's (Sigma's) have found themselves graced with the presence of Delta's since before either organization's were founded. Mary Church Terrell was wed to Robert Terrell in 1891. Both of these great people were integral in the early years of Delta Sigma Theta and Phi Beta Sigma. So it is no surprise that we find ourselves married to one another.

CT4- What about Bob? *smile*

My parents are a AKA/Sigma couple as are 3 other of my mother's LSs. SO I have seen that coupling all of my life.

LoJ
Old 02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Bob and Mollie..Deltas and Sigmas

Quote:
Originally posted by LionOfJudah
Well the precedent was set back in the early days of our 2 respective orgs. Phi Beta's (Sigma's) have found themselves graced with the presence of Delta's since before either organization's were founded. Mary Church Terrell was wed to Robert Terrell in 1891. Both of these great people were integral in the early years of Delta Sigma Theta and Phi Beta Sigma. So it is no surprise that we find ourselves married to one another.

CT4- What about Bob? *smile*

My parents are a AKA/Sigma couple as are 3 other of my mother's LSs. SO I have seen that coupling all of my life.

LoJ
That's nice and all, and I'm not knocking their union. But I just refuse to buy into the whole org based love thing.

I also look at folks funny when they specify what org their SO should be in, ideally or otherwise.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Bob and Mollie..Deltas and Sigmas

Quote:
Originally posted by Boom_Quack13

I also look at folks funny when they specify what org their SO should be in, ideally or otherwise.
Soror you are definitely in my head with this one. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Greeks say I'm looking for a "FILL IN THE BLANK" man, or I only date "ABC's". They gonna mess around and miss their man/woman waiting for that Coleman Love or P&G connection or whatever else combination is out there

P.S
I ain't mad at the Coleman Love though
Old 02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Bob and Mollie..Deltas and Sigmas

Quote:
Originally posted by Boom_Quack13
That's nice and all, and I'm not knocking their union. But I just refuse to buy into the whole org based love thing.

I hear you on people specifying what org you should marry. I was just making a historical reference. Who you marry is IMO directly related to who is in your circle. If you are from an area where you are surrounded by any one group of women you are more likely to marry a member of said group. It is statistics.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Angel11E01 Send a message via Yahoo to Angel11E01
MY ace is married to a Sigma....newlywed, as a matter of fact. It was so funny...when he crossed, he called my sands, screaming that mess bout a Sigma between every Delta.

She hung up on him.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I've seen it varies. One of my sandz is engaged to an Alpha, however they met 3 years ago so their relationship began before she was a Delta.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Live_Wire17
Re: Re: Re: Bob and Mollie..Deltas and Sigmas

Quote:
Originally posted by MightyQuinn
Soror you are definitely in my head with this one. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Greeks say I'm looking for a "FILL IN THE BLANK" man, or I only date "ABC's". They gonna mess around and miss their man/woman waiting for that Coleman Love or P&G connection or whatever else combination is out there

P.S
I ain't mad at the Coleman Love though
I know that's right Soror! I wasn't going to miss my man...However, it is nice that we can decorate a room with Red and White together and have fun doing it.

"Like the perfect lyrics over the tightest beat"