GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,691
2 members and 1,689 guests
indygphib, Xidelt

Old 07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Small School, hard Bidday

I am in a sorority at a small school, so Bidday isn't as planned out as having activities like on the football field or at the sorority house, because we don't have either of those! haha. So, we usually do bidday at someones house who has a pool, but we don't have a sister this year who has one. So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas of a fun place or activity for bid day.

Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-11-2005, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaEtaKP
We go to a place called Gatti-Town
It is a pizza buffet and lots of arcade games, etc. It goes over really well and the girls have a lot of fun (but it can be a bit pricey) However, just do something where you can all be together and get to know each other. I know there are some sororities on my campus that just go to our Rec (gym) and have pizza.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
We don't do the whole big celebration on the lawn thing. After closing ceremony, The new girls remain in the Campus Center with their sorority's newly revealed Rho Chi and learn the pep song. Then the girls walk over to the house, and they sing for the first time . Then there is ritual, and then there is usually a short meeting with the pledge mistresses, and then there is a ridiculous amount of food. I think someone also had karoke this year, which was awesome because we had a bunch of music majors this year.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
We usually just head to a park or something like that. Sacramento has this really nice park with huge picnic areas and a nice rose garden. It's great for group pictures.

One year I think the house went to Chuck E. Cheese. But a couple of the girls have houses or large apartments so sometimes we'll have the event there.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
check out the apartment complexes your sisters live in. many of them have rec rooms you can rent out, which usually have a fridge and maybe even an oven/stove or microwave. might have a pool too or at least nice gazeebo type area. around here, there is a deposit anywhere between $50-150, but is usually completely refundable if you don't cause any damage (including spills). also look for community centers (some have rec rooms, pools, volleyball courts, etc) or see if anyone's parents belong to a country club, some type of fraternal lodge (masons, elks, shriners, etc) - they usually let members rent out their halls for real cheap or even free.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Small School, hard Bidday

Quote:
Originally posted by FMUADPiEm
I am in a sorority at a small school, so Bidday isn't as planned out as having activities like on the football field or at the sorority house, because we don't have either of those! haha. So, we usually do bidday at someones house who has a pool, but we don't have a sister this year who has one. So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas of a fun place or activity for bid day.

Thanks!

How about a local park? Reserve a picnic pavilion and decorate it with some balloons and streamers. Parks allow room for games, as well.
http://adpidenver.googlepages.com
Old 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

We too had no house! So we gathered for pizza at a local place, gave out gifts, and then took the girls out to one of the sister's apartment and hung out all night and did some getting to know you games, meeting their pledge educator etc....

Other years we'd go on the university quad and have a picnic, etc...
Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm assuming you're at Francis Marion University, and I imagine you guys like pool parties because it's hot. What about contacting the Country Club of South Carolina? Their Website says they are a resort too, so you could rent out a room for movies and snacks, but also use the pool and tennis courts.

http://www.countryclubsc.com/hospitality.html

I'm sure there are other country clubs in the area with pools, too. If you need a member sponsor, contact local alums who might be willing to host you guys since you are such a small chapter.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was in school (and I think all the Nationals did this) we would go to give out the bids. The whole sorority would gather, and go to the NM's dorm room with a ton of balloons in our colors. When she accepted the bid, we sang some of our songs or did one of our chants. It was really cool, and usually caught the NM off guard. Usually the next day we would have a party/get-together to welcome the new member class.