GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,144
0 members and 2,144 guests
No Members online

Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

what they "intend" and what they get are two different things.
The chapters really have little control beyond the "who" they get. Unless their national office allows them to invite back fewer than allowed, their return rates will give them quota. And even if they lower their invitations to try to ensure a smaller pledge class, getting from 115 down to maybe a NM class of 90 is really hard to guage. The basic problem at Ole Miss is the same as at Arkansas - too many PNMs, not enough chapters.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-02-2011, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
what they "intend" and what they get are two different things.
The chapters really have little control beyond the "who" they get. Unless their national office allows them to invite back fewer than allowed, their return rates will give them quota. And even if they lower their invitations to try to ensure a smaller pledge class, getting from 115 down to maybe a NM class of 90 is really hard to guage. The basic problem at Ole Miss is the same as at Arkansas - too many PNMs, not enough chapters.
True!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

@33 Ole Miss hovers between 13,000 - 15,000 undergraduates usually. We have always had barely have enough students to play in the Division 1A of the NCAA.

@ old ATO - someone once told me that TriDelta is required to house all members from Sophomore year through Senior, so I would imagine a rule like that (if true) would be a cause for down sizing a pledge class if house total was too high (or would be too high next year) for some reason.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Just heard that quota was 125, not from an official source though.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

bids

Bids go out in just a few minutes. I have also heard unofficial quota numbers and will update when I get better information.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I can only speak for my organization, but I know from my time as a chapter advisor, that any chapter that deliberately "Chose" to pledge fewer than campus quota would be in deep doo-doo with nationals. Bidding to quota is prime directive. Hence snap bids.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Bidding to quota is prime directive.
LOL!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
@33 Ole Miss hovers between 13,000 - 15,000 undergraduates usually. We have always had barely have enough students to play in the Division 1A of the NCAA.
I didn't realize there was a minimum. TCU only had 6000 undergrads when I was there in the 90s and that has only (intentionally) increased to around 8000 now.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
@ old ATO - someone once told me that TriDelta is required to house all members from Sophomore year through Senior, so I would imagine a rule like that (if true) would be a cause for down sizing a pledge class if house total was too high (or would be too high next year) for some reason.
Can't be true.Too many places where they have way too many members to do that. Just take Alabama as an example - even their new house will only hold around 70 and average chapter size there is over 250. You just can't build houses big enough to hold all these people....
Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

@ Titchou. Thanks. The person who told me was trying to explain to me in the late 80's why the Tri-Deltas at Ole Miss kept on and kept on adding living space onto their house at the time.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
I didn't realize there was a minimum. TCU only had 6000 undergrads when I was there in the 90s and that has only (intentionally) increased to around 8000 now.
There is no school enrollment minimum. The only such requirement is to average 15,000 in football attendance. (from the NCAA membership requirment page)
Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
@ Titchou. Thanks. The person who told me was trying to explain to me in the late 80's why the Tri-Deltas at Ole Miss kept on and kept on adding living space onto their house at the time.
The curtain fell and time passed! Things are different today than back then. Maybe that was a requirment then but it certainly isn't now!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

My Ole Miss girl went ALPHA OMICRON PI and is so excited! They were one of her top two throughout recruitment, so it couldn't have been a better result.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

@gdramadawg Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:27 PM

AOII 132 New Members