GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,302
1 members and 2,301 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 01-22-2002, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

West coast represent!

Ok, I know that recently I've seen a lot of you on here (Yeah Washingtonians!!!) So where are you??

(And for you Huskies, I know you are out there, what are you doing on the snowless side of the montains?? )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-23-2002, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Wink

well, I'm not a Husky but rather a 'T-Bird' from UBC up here in Vancouver - does that still count?!?

west coast in da house

- Jen (alumna)
Alpha Gamma Delta - Delta Zeta '97
Old 01-23-2002, 04:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Another UBC Thunderbird here
Old 01-23-2002, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally!! I'm so glad that you west coaster's are out there!!! I was starting to feel so alone!
Old 01-23-2002, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
I'm from Seattle! Actually I go to school in Seattle..I am from Bellingham, closer to Vancouver than Seattle really. Hey, for you UBC gals...do the sororities there have houses? Or are they on dorm floors? Just been wondering that...later y'all!
Old 01-24-2002, 06:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Quote:
Originally posted by RxyChrldr
I'm from Seattle! Actually I go to school in Seattle..I am from Bellingham, closer to Vancouver than Seattle really. Hey, for you UBC gals...do the sororities there have houses? Or are they on dorm floors? Just been wondering that...later y'all!
At UBC the fraternities have houses and currently the sororities have nothing. We had a Panhel house from the 1950's to 1998. It was torn down because the building was so decrepid, even though we had it until the year 2000. Apart from the fact it leaked everytime it rained (which was often) it was a great place. Each sorority had a suite which included a living room and small kitchen. We are currently waiting for the new Greek Village to be constructed - there will be a new, state of the art, Panhel house surrounded by the new fraternty houses, except Beta (they own their land, all other fraternities lease their's from UBC). The Greek Village was suppossed to be completed 2-3 years ago, but they haven't even broken ground yet. I'm sure it will be a wonderful place when it's finally built, the only downside is that it is going to be built right next door to the UEL RCMP office.

For now the sororities are meeting in classrooms in the education building. But it really sucked not having a place to go on campus anymore that was our own.

Last edited by Siobhan; 01-24-2002 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
That's a bummer! But the "Greek Village" sounds like a great idea..hopefully they speed along the process and get it going soon.